The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

13 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

I think we might be taking the pish.

1 minute ago, Frank Grimes said:

Yes 

We’re clean taking the piss it appears 

Karen off Facebook must be running our social media 

Aye, I mean that seems fairly obvious but going with a line that's as easily disprovable ie: based on your recorded home attendances to date there's been f**k all drop-off, it's a weird approach to take.

Actually, I see they've extrapolated on this per @craigkillie's Tweet popping up on my TL it seems Aberdeen are claiming they announce "tickets issued" rather than actual attendance.

Tickets for Hibs and Hearts is in category B for tickets so Platinum for Hearts/Hibs is £34. Hibs and Hearts fans will be charged £29 along with the South Stand.  

Club are at it with less than 10,000 but it could be with the way they are playing and also pricing. 

Category A – Celtic & Rangers
Category B – Dundee, Dundee United, Heart of Midlothian & Hibernian
Category C – Livingston, Motherwell, Ross County, St Johnstone & St Mirren

Pick6Pricing1.png

Edited by betting competition

The B team's cup run came to end away to Accies, where Campbell's first half red card scuppered the chances, and with Brora and Arbroath's mannies having been despatched in previous rounds.

Nevertheless listening to Robson on Red TV and looking at the record of his sides - there seems to be a lot more organisation and resilience at that level than we are seeing in the first team at this time.

Begs the question - do we have an ready-made answer to helping address some of the obvious problems right now within the current coaching setup? 

Edited by tarapoa

34 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

The B team's cup run came to end away to Accies, where Campbell's first half red card scuppered the chances, and with Brora and Arbroath's mannies having been despatched in previous rounds.

Nevertheless listening to Robson on Red TV and looking at the record of his sides - there seems to be a lot more organisation and resilience at that level than we are seeing in the first team at this time.

Begs the question - do we have an ready-made answer to helping address some of the obvious problems right now within the current coaching setup? 

No. It's probably a lot easier to intimidate 19 year olds in to doing what they're told.

3 hours ago, tarapoa said:

It's unusual to replace like for like after a sacking, therefore replacing managerial inexperience with managerial inexperience. Usually the manager's perceived weakness is replaced with the opposite.

Just looking at our results this season in the league, really only Motherwell away and St Johnstone at home as offered a glimpse of real relegation candidates. Obviously, we need to stem the tide of these negative results or the confidence will seep away, but, for the moment, I still believe Glass can turn this situation around.

Edited by Bogbrush1903

2 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

It's unusual to replace like for like after a sacking, therefore replacing managerial inexperience with managerial inexperience. Usually the manager's perceived weakness is replaced with the opposite.

Just looking at our results this season in the league, really only Motherwell away and St Johnstone at home as offered a glimpse of real relegation candidates. Obviously, we need to stem the tide of these negative results or the confidence will sap away, but, for the moment, I still believe Glass can turn this situation around.

He can turn it around but he'll need to look at what he does with the defence. I've obviously got no where near the level of qualifications he has but to me it could be as simple as MacKenzie tucking in when Ramsay goes forward. Leaves a three at the back with the RW moving inside(Hedges/Watkins) for Ramsay to use the width. Brown sat in front of the back three. Essentially what Celtic were good at when Tierney bombed on at LB and Lustig tucked in.

2 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

He can turn it around but he'll need to look at what he does with the defence. I've obviously got no where near the level of qualifications he has but to me it could be as simple as MacKenzie tucking in when Ramsay goes forward. Leaves a three at the back with the RW moving inside(Hedges/Watkins) for Ramsay to use the width. Brown sat in front of the back three. Essentially what Celtic were good at when Tierney bombed on at LB and Lustig tucked in.

That’s spot on in theory, but in reality Brown doesn’t cover the defence the way he would need to.

Edited by big al

Just now, big al said:

That’s spot on in theory, but I’m reality Brown doesn’t cover the defence the way he would need to.

Certainly not as good as he did in his Celtic days but if he could still do that then he'd be there.

I'm just chucking shite at the wall and hope some of it sticks. I'm certainly of the belief there is a very good squad there. 

Guest Bob Mahelp
1 hour ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

Just looking at our results this season in the league, really only Motherwell away and St Johnstone at home as offered a glimpse of real relegation candidates. Obviously, we need to stem the tide of these negative results or the confidence will sap away, but, for the moment, I still believe Glass can turn this situation around.

The first half on Sunday was as bad as the worst days under McInnes...passive, disorganised, unable to complete a pass, borderline heads gone. We just got lucky that this is a very ordinary Celtic side. 

Credit is due to Glass and the team that we dragged it back though, I suppose.

1 hour ago, Merkland Red said:

We simply CANNOT go on conceding the first goal in every single game. 7 league games in a row, and 2 European matches. Also, we've played 15 games this season and conceded at least one goal in every single one of them. 

This is unsubstainable, firstly if we want to stay out of relegation trouble and secondly if the manager wants to keep his job. 

The sticking plaster of changing the keeper yet keeping 4 youngsters in a vulnerable defence is just a bit mental. Get Gallagher's arse booted, and find (at least temporarily) players who can give Ramsey and Mackenzie a rest. Then hope that big Andy recovers quickly. 

26 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

The first half on Sunday was as bad as the worst days under McInnes...passive, disorganised, unable to complete a pass, borderline heads gone. We just got lucky that this is a very ordinary Celtic side. 

We simply CANNOT go on conceding the first goal in every single game. 7 league games in a row, and 2 European matches. Also, we've played 15 games this season and conceded at least one goal in every single one of them. 

This is unsubstainable, firstly if we want to stay out of relegation trouble and secondly if the manager wants to keep his job. 

The sticking plaster of changing the keeper yet keeping 4 youngsters in a vulnerable defence is just a bit mental. Get Gallagher's arse booted, and find (at least temporarily) players who can give Ramsey and Mackenzie a rest. Then hope that big Andy recovers quickly. 

Worth trying McCrorie at right back and pushing Ramsay further up the park?

3 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Ideally, you would want to give Ramsay the occasional rest given that he has only recently turned 18 and it is his first meaningful season in professional football, but it looks like we don't really have the depth to do it, and even then we probably aren't in the strongest position at the moment to be resting arguably our best player. I suppose the only sort of cover we have at right-back is Gurr (unless he moves McCrorie from centre-back, which doesn't look likely), and it is an utter mystery to me why Glass (and perhaps Cormack too) thought he would be remotely good enough to play for a team aspiring to compete at the upper end of the Premiership. 

I would bring Gallagher back in for Dundee and essentially give him a run of games to play himself into some sort of form. He hasn't been good so far, but he is better than Bates and at least offers some of the qualities that Considine would usually bring to our defence in terms of having built his reputation as a solid penalty box defender at this level. For me, if you want to play either Bates or McCrorie in the middle of a back four, you then have to pair them with either Gallagher or Considine (and, with Considine injured, it has to be Gallagher for the moment).

Edited by DrewDon

8 hours ago, capt_oats said:

Aye, I mean that seems fairly obvious but going with a line that's as easily disprovable ie: based on your recorded home attendances to date there's been f**k all drop-off, it's a weird approach to take.

Actually, I see they've extrapolated on this per @craigkillie's Tweet popping up on my TL it seems Aberdeen are claiming they announce "tickets issued" rather than actual attendance.

A couple of weeks ago the club asked everyone on their database to complete a survey indicating if they intend to turn up with the new Government rules. I would imagine that this is based on the responses in that survey.

Guest Bob Mahelp

I think he's a complete egotistical c0ck who could well set my club hurtling towards relegation, but I applaud Dave Cormack on his loophole finding zealotry. 

It's highly, highly unlikely that crowds for these games will be anywhere near under 10K, but it does highlight the random absurdity of the SG's covid passport. 

It wouldn't be beyond oor Dave to see himself in the role of First Minister, but despite his King Canute beliefs that he can hold back the tides, he's unlikely to win a straight on fight with Nicola Sturgeon. 

There's a danger that the legislation is tweaked to remove the phrase 'planned crowds of more than 10k', and replace it with 'crowds of more than 10k'......meaning that we would either have to start checking passports, or limit the crowd to 10K. 

We seem to be sneaking under the radar with this at the moment, but that may change if other clubs start playing semantics with the law.

10 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

I think he's a complete egotistical c0ck who could well set my club hurtling towards relegation, but I applaud Dave Cormack on his loophole finding zealotry. 

It's highly, highly unlikely that crowds for these games will be anywhere near under 10K, but it does highlight the random absurdity of the SG's covid passport. 

It wouldn't be beyond oor Dave to see himself in the role of First Minister, but despite his King Canute beliefs that he can hold back the tides, he's unlikely to win a straight on fight with Nicola Sturgeon. 

There's a danger that the legislation is tweaked to remove the phrase 'planned crowds of more than 10k', and replace it with 'crowds of more than 10k'......meaning that we would either have to start checking passports, or limit the crowd to 10K. 

We seem to be sneaking under the radar with this at the moment, but that may change if other clubs start playing semantics with the law.

I don't see any issue with using semantics to benefit the club. Only last week we saw similar from our Government who seemed to apply a more "lenient" application of face covering guidelines so it goes both ways.

I think everyone appreciates it is simply a measure that has been introduced to encourage vaccine uptake rather than provide any genuine health and safety benefits while attending matches so I don't see them tweaking it now.

Edited by AJF