The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

22 hours ago, Alex_14 said:

A video surfacing of a fan in the RDS doing a ‘slanted eyes’ gesture to Kyogo. Pretty poor.

It takes an idiot to racially abuse someone, but it takes a special kind of idiot to racially abuse someone after seeing the massive backlash and fallout the last incident created.

54 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

That would be shocking. Where did you see it?

Now that you've cracked P&B - though I'm not sure you can quote from two threads - then the next hill to climb is Twitter.

The vid is of an older ewe making the slitty-eyed gesture after Celtic's first goal.

The bigger question is why she needs two pairs of specs when 'none' is a better option this season.

6 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Now that you've cracked P&B - though I'm not sure you can quote from two threads - then the next hill to climb is Twitter.

The vid is of an older ewe making the slitty-eyed gesture after Celtic's first goal.

The bigger question is why she needs two pairs of specs when 'none' is a better option this season.

Twitter is for the kids. Seriously though, if that video is out there then the old ewe needs to be highlighted and charged. Unbelievable that someone would think (or not think) that that is acceptable after all that happened to the player last month.

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

Twitter is for the kids. Seriously though, if that video is out there then the old ewe needs to be highlighted and charged. Unbelievable that someone would think (or not think) that that is acceptable after all that happened to the player last month.

The kids think Twitter is for their das. They're all on the snapchat and tik toks these days. 

Anyway. If this happened, no fucking about, get her banned. 

What's the offence? The thousands singing terrorist songs or the granny whos from the dark ages the away fans are idolising about wiping sleep from her eyes?

We should sign up Shay Logan again on a free just to watch the green wannabe Irish or Weedgies show their true colours over and over. Every bit as vile and conflicted as their blue brethren.

5 minutes ago, gudge1903 said:

What's the offence? The thousands singing terrorist songs or the granny whos from the dark ages the away fans are idolising about wiping sleep from her eyes?

We should sign up Shay Logan again on a free just to watch the green wannabe Irish or Weedgies show their true colours over and over. Every bit as vile and conflicted as their blue brethren.

Both

Please no whataboutery here. 

What she's done there doesn't look as bad as i'd feared. I had visions of her leaning over the hoardings doing a taunt. But she is in the stadium, with many other people and cameras and being visibly racist. 

No fucking about. Get her banned. Maybe a temporary one should suffice? 

Not saying she shouldn't be banned, but sectarianism and racism are one of the same and tens of thousands can sing anything with impunity week after week, decade after decade because it's a great (so called) atmosphere. Ban them also 

Ban her but what happens to the thousands of others every week? Nothing...

Same nonsense with Kamara through the week, obviously racist but when Celtic fans boo a black Aberdeen player every game for years after calling out their players and clubs racism it's all just fun cos their Weedgies....

Would be nice to play by same rules both on and off the park one day but I won't hold my breath.

1 minute ago, gudge1903 said:

Not saying she shouldn't be banned, but sectarianism and racism are one of the same and tens of thousands can sing anything with impunity week after week, decade after decade because it's a great (so called) atmosphere. Ban them also 

Ban her but what happens to the thousands of others every week? Nothing...

Same nonsense with Kamara through the week, obviously racist but when Celtic fans boo a black Aberdeen player every game for years after calling out their players and clubs racism it's all just fun cos their Weedgies....

Would be nice to play by same rules both on and off the park one day but I won't hold my breath.

If we want to be the bigger party here then we need to take control of our own house and take it on the chin that one of our own support let herself down. Going straight to the sectarian argument is never a good look here. Leave it for another day. 

This is our problem that we should own. 

I think it's a bit much to try to infer racism from that without at least investigating it a bit further. She's not made the gesture to anyone, she's talking to her pal - they could even be having a conversation about what happened to him previously and she could be saying "The Rangers fans on the bus did this gesture" or whatever.

Definitely worth investigating, but I'm uncomfortable with picking out incidents like this with absolutely no context where a person is just sitting in the stand doing something.

16 minutes ago, gudge1903 said:

Always leave the poor wee Weedgies with their sectarianism for another day that never comes. Give them another greatest fans in world medal why don't you?

Wonder why it's so acceptable? Strange wee country with folk with wee minds. 

Have a good day, fella. 

Yep, and clearly thousands of the green filth being quite accomodating to anyone who doesn't share their views on religion and Irish politics. 

Why are they both not being called out? Haven't heard a mention in media about the hour plus long singalong. Strange narrative to take. Nothing to see here.

(Doubt the wifies case would get to court on that evidence, on the other hand thousands repeatly singing, chanting and howling sectarianism as a collective and as individuals in an organised manner....hmmm)

Swap blue and green Weedgies for skinheads or terrorist religous preachers and their offences are one of the same. Spread terror, hatred and violence politically and religiously. Great for fitba all this weedgie banter. A wee look in the mirror would do some good.

55 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I think it's a bit much to try to infer racism from that without at least investigating it a bit further. She's not made the gesture to anyone, she's talking to her pal - they could even be having a conversation about what happened to him previously and she could be saying "The Rangers fans on the bus did this gesture" or whatever.

Definitely worth investigating, but I'm uncomfortable with picking out incidents like this with absolutely no context where a person is just sitting in the stand doing something.

I totally agree. When I heard about it initially I had visions of an old dear standing up and doing that movement directly towards Kyogo. But she's talking to her pal and could be saying anything. Worth an investigation though.