The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

36 minutes ago, sheeptastic said:

Not really, imo, same stuff that has been getting posted here since the middle of September - good squad on paper, defence needs sorted, no pace up front, Ramirez isolated, big month coming up in October, give him time (or not, depending on your viewpoint)...

He could have cobbled that article together from posts on this thread.

33 minutes ago, betting competition said:

Good decision as it has been a shambles to get the app to work.  

If we don't get any results soon then we will be playing to crowds under 10k. 

Due to several different circumstances I didn't manage to get my second jab until yesterday evening.

Hinging today. Almost annoyed at this sensible news.

Watched a fair bit of the Celtic game last night and they were really for large spells of the game. Take 1 of their chances when on top and they could easily have gone on to win that game against a German side better than anything in Scotland. Cohesive attacking play the Dons can only dream of. 
Obviously they haven’t got it right at the back yet but to suggest Aberdeen could have challenged for the league this season is pie in the sky.

57 minutes ago, big al said:

Watched a fair bit of the Celtic game last night and they were really for large spells of the game. Take 1 of their chances when on top and they could easily have gone on to win that game against a German side better than anything in Scotland. Cohesive attacking play the Dons can only dream of. 
Obviously they haven’t got it right at the back yet but to suggest Aberdeen could have challenged for the league this season is pie in the sky.

Got to aim for it at the start of the season even though it isn't very likely. 

9 minutes ago, Game of throw-ins said:

Under Brown we reached a point where we got less than 8,000 for some home league games. 

With about 6 games over 10,000 for both McGhee last season and Brown two seasons. 

I do wonder if our attendances will take a hit with Covid. Be interesting to see what the attendance is this weekend. 

2 hours ago, betting competition said:

Got to aim for it at the start of the season even though it isn't very likely. 

What do you mean by "aim for it"? Just through talk or by actions?

If by "aim for it" you mean belief within the whole squad that it's possible to win the title and we're challengers, well that hasn't happened since Willie Miller was boss and it ain't happening anytime soon...

We haven't won the Scottish Cup since 1990 so it would be quite hard to get the players believing a league title is on the horizon!!

We haven't won the Scottish Cup since Margaret Thatcher was Prime Minister! Is it a coincidence that our glory years matched Thatcher's reign of 1979-1990?

Edited by Bogbrush1903

Guest Bob Mahelp
11 hours ago, sheeptastic said:

I think it's arse kissing shite from a guy who is cosy with the high heid yins at Pittodrie. 

'I was pleased Glass got the job'....'I was aware of the great job he was doing at Atlanta' (says nobody, ever)....'every confidence the coaching staff will turn it around'....'season of transition' (why ?).....'not far away from being a very good side'. 

Heap of pish. 

15 hours ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

What do you mean by "aim for it"? Just through talk or by actions?

If by "aim for it" you mean belief within the whole squad that it's possible to win the title and we're challengers, well that hasn't happened since Willie Miller was boss and it ain't happening anytime soon...

We haven't won the Scottish Cup since 1990 so it would be quite hard to get the players believing a league title is on the horizon!!

We haven't won the Scottish Cup since Margaret Thatcher was Prime Minister! Is it a coincidence that our glory years matched Thatcher's reign of 1979-1990?

Disagree with you since Willie Miller days. In March 2016 we was 1 point behind Celtic. They had belief they could win the league but the game that changed it was Celtic getting beat by Killie scored a last minute winner while we lost away to Motherwell with Robson getting sent off.

14 minutes ago, Buckets said:

Is anyone selling their tickets for Sunday or know where I could get 2? I've just moved to Aberdeen and can't buy tickets myself because you can't buy tickets for the first time against Celtic or Rangers.

Sorry Seamus O'Riverdance can't help you there....