The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

27 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

My positives from today (clutching at straws)

1. We scored two goals, one a cracker.

2. After losing our last three league games, if we beat Celtic next weekend we go above them after 8 games played.

That’s it really.

3. We won’t have Collum as ref in a league game again for a while

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

My positives from today (clutching at straws)

1. We scored two goals, one a cracker.

2. After losing our last three league games, if we beat Celtic next weekend we go above them after 8 games played.

That’s it really.

Adding to your positivity, it has been proved that by coming out of the shower after a traumatic season in which credibility has ebbed you will discover that it was all a dream/nightmare.  

image.png.62685d11f02d0fb1a20860d447b562d4.png

6 minutes ago, anotherchance said:

October is sink or swim time really - daunting fixtures, but an opportunity for Glass to start to show his mettle.

You’d also hope our esteemed captain would relish these sorts of games. Needs to rub that mentality onto his team mates.

Very much so. Unfortunately I think it will be sink. Hope I'm wrong.

15 minutes ago, House Bartender said:

Adding to your positivity, it has been proved that by coming out of the shower after a traumatic season in which credibility has ebbed you will discover that it was all a dream/nightmare.  

image.png.62685d11f02d0fb1a20860d447b562d4.png

We’ll yeah, but my two points are actually true.

1 minute ago, 72redz said:

We really could do with a Jim Duffy coming in, even short term tae support Glass and work on oor defenders. 

Worked well for David Hopkin.

The Dundee game is massive if we want to avoid getting dragged into a needless relegation battle even this early in the season. I think though 7th or 8th is more likely.

That said at half time today I was confident we would see the game out as our performance was much better than the previous few weeks. Glass probably blundered not subbing Jenks at half time and the Hedges and Ramirez subs totally baffled me as we lost any attacking threat once they went off.

A disappointing defeat and a long journey home.

I think Glass will be given the opportunity tae turn things roon, but, I get the feeling Cormack might sacrifice Russell as a scapegoat. We really could do with a Jim Duffy coming in, even short term tae support Glass and work on oor defenders. 

There’s only one man for the job:IMG_4425.jpg

43 minutes ago, 72redz said:

I think Glass will be given the opportunity tae turn things roon, but, I get the feeling Cormack might sacrifice Russell as a scapegoat. We really could do with a Jim Duffy coming in, even short term tae support Glass and work on oor defenders. 

Are you Chick Young?

1 hour ago, 72redz said:

Aye, ahright min, but, Glass wid benefit fae somebody like Duffy as a number 2. Nae in the slightest bit convinced by Russell.

I know things are desperate but Jim Duffy? Fucking hell. The man's been failing job to job for well over a decade now. It's only because he has pals in the media that he gets any work at all.