The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Glad I missed that shite and had better stuff to do over the course of the weekend. Was grim enough looking at the match thread on Saturday afternoon.

It's going to be interesting to see how we get on against the teams that are going to come out and have a go at us rather than sitting back hoping to counter.

Guest Bob Mahelp
59 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

It's going to be interesting to see how we get on against the teams that are going to come out and have a go at us rather than sitting back hoping to counter.

If the Qarabag game is anything to go by, we'll get ripped apart. 

1 hour ago, Merkland Red said:

I said at the time that Qarabag are likely to be the best team we see at Pittodrie this season. I don't think the OF are on their level tbh.

They're a good side but we made them look better than they are by our incredible naivety.  In the EuroClubIndex rankings Rangers are ranked at 70, Celtic are 104 and Qarabag 190.  I'd expect either of the OF to beat them over 2 legs.

2 hours ago, lubo_blaha said:

I see we’re taking the piss with ticket prices again.

IMG_4413.jpg

Is that for the Celtic match? I won't bother attending out of principle if that's the case

Although, having said that, I could head to the Red Shed instead of Section Y, which is at an acceptable price.

Edited by Bogbrush1903

Is that for the Celtic match? I won't bother attending out of principle if that's the case
Although, having said that, I could head to the Red Shed instead of Section Y, which is at an acceptable price.

Yeah, Celtic match. I’m guessing the plan is to cash in on 1800 away fans at £32 a go. Can’t see us filling the rest of the South or the RDS upper at the same price.

£36 is wild, must surely be the highest ever price for a non-hospitality ticket at Pittodrie.

4 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

Yeah, Celtic match. I’m guessing the plan is to cash in on 1800 away fans at £32 a go. Can’t see us filling the rest of the South or the RDS upper at the same price.

£36 is wild, must surely be the highest ever price for a non-hospitality ticket at Pittodrie.

To watch us roll over to the **** at Pittodrie as usual?

f**k me. 

Guest Bob Mahelp
10 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

To watch us roll over to the **** at Pittodrie as usual?

f**k me. 

Aye. Sunday morning at 12.00, live on TV, us on an 8 game non-winning run, T*ms absolute dovers but guaranteed to thump us. 

There'll be lucky if there's 10K there. 

It looks like our "challenger brand" model might be on the wane after all those years of 'success' under Derek McInnes with lots of semi final/runners up/top 4/European qualifiers titles in the bag.

However, it's good that we're still playing a challenging brand of football to watch.

I've attached the 'challenger brand' document if you need to reacquaint yourself with this project and exciting journey we're currently undergoing.

Capture.thumb.JPG.c9147ea7d94aec6f02264d1b8bf8943d.JPG

Club-Brochure.pdf

Edited by Bogbrush1903

45 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

It looks like our "challenger brand" model might be on the wane after all those years of 'success' under Derek McInnes with lots of semi final/runners up/top 4/European qualifiers titles in the bag.

However, it's good that we're still playing a challenging brand of football to watch.

I've attached the 'challenger brand' document if you need to reacquaint yourself with this project and exciting journey we're currently undergoing.

Capture.thumb.JPG.c9147ea7d94aec6f02264d1b8bf8943d.JPG

Club-Brochure.pdf 1.91 MB · 1 download

Challenger got quite high and then disintegrated did it not? 

On 22/09/2021 at 15:46, Merkland Red said:

I said at the time that Qarabag are likely to be the best team we see at Pittodrie this season. I don't think the OF are on their level tbh.

Still can't make up my mind on this.

On the one hand, they are a club from a smallish league who play in front of 1,500 fans domestically. However, similar to the likes of BATE Borisov and Sherriff Tiraspol, they do seem to benefit from serious investment and constantly punch above anyone else in their league in Europe.

Nevertheless, we probably have faced better sides in Europe in recent times, and produced more credible performances.

It was such a pumping, full of naivety, and I think this was the worst home European performance in the last decade (albeit I missed the Rijeka 2019 game). However, to credit the current regime, beating a Swedish side 5-1 was also probably the best home result since Copenhagen - as most of McInnes' good European results came away from home.

As stated, a rollercoaster of a season likely - but that wee cart could do with going back up the slope and whizzing around the upper levels for the challenges to come - that would restore some of the early season optimism.

Edited by tarapoa