The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

2 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

You got the goal, but were absolutely awful.

Yeah, thats something Aberdeen fans have been telling us for the past decade tbh, yet unless you're a complete moron you'd 100% swap your past decade for ours.

Guest Bob Mahelp
29 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yeah, thats something Aberdeen fans have been telling us for the past decade tbh, yet unless you're a complete moron you'd 100% swap your past decade for ours.

Fuxsake min, that's childish and you know it. 

Why stop at a decade ? I've seen us win over 20 trophies, I've been to Munich (twice)and was in Gothenburg when we beat Real Madrid, and saw us win a second European trophy against Hamburg. Unless you're a complete moron, would you swap your last 20, 30, 40 or 50 years for ours ? Would you swap your memories for mine ?

I sincerely congratulate St Johnstone on your 2 Scottish cups, but if you want a cock waving contest about how much your team has won and how many trophies you've seen your team win, you're going to have to get a bigger whanger. 

Edited by Bob Mahelp

35 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Fuxsake min, that's childish and you know it. 

Why stop at a decade ?

Because thats roughly how long since we got promoted, and in that period we've had Aberdeen fans calling us shite after every single game against them, including one we won 5-1.

Glad you managed to have a wee rant about the 80s though, no Aberdeen defeat is followed without one.

5 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Because thats roughly how long since we got promoted, and in that period we've had Aberdeen fans calling us shite after every single game against them, including one we won 5-1.

Glad you managed to have a wee rant about the 80s though, no Aberdeen defeat is followed without one.

Its true thats why.

Aberdeens deficiencies at the moment are obvious and your style has worked for you in the past couple of seasons and fair enough worked yesterday ultimately. 

But f**k me it is undoubtedly brutal. Leave the boot in on every tackle (whilst going down like you've been shot from any slight touch) / every man behind the ball for 90 per cent of the game / waste time from minute 1 / hoof it up the pitch and hope for a flick on. It is fucking awful to watch and you seem to have been doing it as long as i can remember.

In fact if i could be bothered you yourself have flooded threads before complaining how poor you are in attack and don't look like your going to score at home etc etc

Not sour grapes. 2 shit teams yesterday with a sclaff from a shite striker the difference.

Guest Bob Mahelp
6 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

You brought up the past you moron, not me. 

Stop being such a child. Congratulations on your win, but your team was absolutely shite. As was mine, obviously. 

Edited by Bob Mahelp

9 hours ago, tree house tam said:

The work being done at that big fancy new training complex is paying dividends. I cannot wait to see the difference a new ground will do for you boys.

It's really gone wrong since what looked a bright start with that BK Hacken game. I really hope Glass and the coaches can find a formation that works soon. It's possible we may do better against the better teams when things are more open, than the stodgy recent teams who have been trying to prevent a football match breaking out. If not we're screwed.

15 minutes ago, Don exotic said:

It's possible we may do better against the better teams when things are more open, than the stodgy recent teams who have been trying to prevent a football match breaking out. If not we're screwed.

That’s quite an impressive ‘glass half full’ take on things!

Hope you’re correct though.

1 hour ago, afc_blockhead said:

2 shit teams yesterday with a sclaff from a shite striker the difference.

58 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

your team was absolutely shite

16 minutes ago, Don exotic said:

It's possible we may do better against the better teams

nuGMBg.gif.48973f8a507f8dbb25b46470c9cd5227.gif

Guest Bob Mahelp
24 minutes ago, Don exotic said:

It's really gone wrong since what looked a bright start with that BK Hacken game. I really hope Glass and the coaches can find a formation that works soon. It's possible we may do better against the better teams when things are more open, than the stodgy recent teams who have been trying to prevent a football match breaking out. If not we're screwed.

We've been saying this for years now. 

The mark of any decent side is an ability to beat the stodgy teams who prevent a football match breaking out. We (at this moment in time) are not a decent side. 

The 'better teams' who play more open football....I presume you mean the OF here....will thrash us. 

2 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

You brought up the past you moron, not me. 

Stop being such a child. Congratulations on your win, but your team was absolutely shite. As was mine, obviously. 

These tears are delicious. Didnt know @RandomGuy. was capable tbh.

11 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Worth mentioning the only 20/21 top half sides you've faced so far are us and Livingston. No real point looking at the table until after the first round of fixtures at least tbh.

Aberdeen were poor today but so were we, squad depth made the difference and its mental its us who had the depth. You look at Aberdeens bench and theres just nothing there apart from Hayes/McGinn who seem to have lost it a bit, while we're bringing on Finnish U21 Internationals as our 5th choice attacking option.

We brought on a current scotland defender,ok your goal was partly his fault but it still makes your point moot.

For 1 reason or another players like mcgeough and watkins (who would both walk into your team)weren't even stripped today

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

nuGMBg.gif.48973f8a507f8dbb25b46470c9cd5227.gif

No tears here. It just is a fact St Johnstones style is utterly brutal and has been for years. 

Its worked recently for you so understandably you wont care.

As i say you have had many a rant on here at your own clubs tactics and style of play so i think you know!

The big question here is do we think that Glass will come good? I honestly don't mind the current squad on paper but the way the team goes about playing is utterly brutal at the moment. This was always going to be a season where there is a certain amount of recalibration but dropping out of the top six (which is, if yesterday is to go by, a real possibility) would be an unmitigated disaster.

1 hour ago, Menzel said:

The big question here is do we think that Glass will come good? I honestly don't mind the current squad on paper but the way the team goes about playing is utterly brutal at the moment. This was always going to be a season where there is a certain amount of recalibration but dropping out of the top six (which is, if yesterday is to go by, a real possibility) would be an unmitigated disaster.

Still a bit early but much more performances like yesterday will get me a bit more trigger happy towards glass. 

I thought we had absolutely no idea how we were going to open saints up, even more so than against Motherwell. 

He probably needs the opportunity to have watkins hedges and maybe samuels all in the team at once and see if that makes a difference.