The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

6 minutes ago, big al said:

What was so good about the first 55 minutes?

St Johnstone were toying with us. Came and made them selves solid and we had no idea how to break them down. As the 2 nd half wore on they became more adventurous as they realised we were weak and low on confidence. Adding May to the attack and then getting a ( feably defended) goal was almost the perfect game plan from a manager ( Davidson) who has a good idea how to get results.

There was f**k all good about the full 90 minutes.

I am spiralling into a world of pain.

Just the way I like it. Who wants their world full of trophies, fun and joy. I can wallow in my misery.

9 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

The first half and the start of the second were ok, not that impressive. Did I say I was impressed by the first 55 minutes? We were at home to an average team that hadn’t won a single game this season outwith a penalty kicks win at Arbroath, yet when should have been really going for the win, we were showing little urgency. It’s quite telling that in these last 35 minutes the two players who were running all over the pitch trying to win the game were Hayes and McGinn. 

I just don’t understand why you singled out the last 35 minutes. Other than maybe a very brief flurry at the start of the 2nd half that was an utterly bereft performance from start to finish. 

2 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I just don’t understand why you singled out the last 35 minutes. Other than maybe a very brief flurry at the start of the 2nd half that was an utterly bereft performance from start to finish. 

I just felt we were “ok” up until then without being world beaters, but as I said in my previous post I felt that we should have been really going after the winless St Johnstone who were showing absolutely nothing, but we didn’t seem up for it. Really disappointing, and the worst overall performance this season. We really, really need to beat St Mirren on Sunday.

25 minutes ago, red23 said:

panning out how i thought so at least i was prepared. We have no god given right to be challenging rangers and celtic and winning cups every year.

won't stop the majority of aberdeen fans referring to mcinnes as a *** c**t though will it. A lot of people wanted him gone even since he was linked with rangers for having the nerve to even think about taking the job.

Absolute shite

I was, and remain, appreciative of the job McInnes did but he had run his race and things had gone badly stale 

It was time for a change 

Aberdeen fans who join in on the “be careful what you wish for” pish are the worst 

Proper yer Da patter 

I thought the Sevco saga was great #concomitant 

4 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Sadly not.

Maybe at the end of October (we play Hibs, Celtic, Rangers & Hearts in that month).

Stick your giro on 1-0 St Mirren & Curtis Main next week 

Giro, that's goood.  

It's a funny old game.

Guest Bob Mahelp
59 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

The work being done at that big fancy new training complex is paying dividends. I cannot wait to see the difference a new ground will do for you boys.

Checks table.

Still above St Johnstone. Even though we're truly fucking shite. 

Edited by Bob Mahelp

3 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Checks table.

Still above St Johnstone. Even though we're truly fucking shite. 

Worth mentioning the only 20/21 top half sides you've faced so far are us and Livingston. No real point looking at the table until after the first round of fixtures at least tbh.

Aberdeen were poor today but so were we, squad depth made the difference and its mental its us who had the depth. You look at Aberdeens bench and theres just nothing there apart from Hayes/McGinn who seem to have lost it a bit, while we're bringing on Finnish U21 Internationals as our 5th choice attacking option.

Guest Bob Mahelp
7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Worth mentioning the only 20/21 top half sides you've faced so far are us and Livingston. No real point looking at the table until after the first round of fixtures at least tbh.

Aberdeen were poor today but so were we, squad depth made the difference and its mental its us who had the depth. You look at Aberdeens bench and theres just nothing there apart from Hayes/McGinn who seem to have lost it a bit, while we're bringing on Finnish U21 Internationals as our 5th choice attacking option.

Again, thanks for pointing out the obvious. 

I don't think I'm divulging any state secrets by saying that both teams were fucking shite. You got the goal, but were absolutely awful. We equally could have got a break and won 1-0, but that wouldn't have made us any less awful. 

I was simply responding to your mates daft comment. We know it's going wrong, and we know that our manager isn't up to the job. 

I could have equally have responded to him by asking why the cup double winning side are playing dreadful football, have only won one game this season, and obviously haven't kicked on from their success last season.

But I didn't.