The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

A poor game won by the one goal and really our only shot on target. Pleased for Stevie May who has struggled to score for ages.

Watching the game I felt Aberdeen could have played all night against our 10 men and would never have scored so the last minutes passed without any hairy moments.

After last season against you we really deserved a win.

44 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Not necessarily a judgement on glass himself but he was the new manager from before mcinnes was sacked. I don’t care what cormack says about process. 

He’s not going to pull the trigger lightly. Not that I’m even suggesting he should. 

I agree with 90% of the post, other than I AM suggesting he should.

He’s clearly out of his depth.

We are a disorganised shambles. 
That’s 100% the managers responsibility 

23 minutes ago, welldaft said:

Far be it for me (and many others) to remind you that we said be careful what you wish for. Derek McInnes time had come and gone despite never finishing outside European places iirc. 

Many on here myself included said you may end up appointing a worse Manager and end up back in the bottom 6.

Early day as and with the squad you have that should never happen but…….so far so true. 

And this seasons award for cliche of the year award goes to….

The ONLY people qualified to come out with that tedious shite are the Aberdeen fans who sat through the last two years of McInnes reign.

We were 100% right to get rid of McInnes.

Sadly we were 100% wrong to appoint Stephen Glass. 

Aberdeen were constantly rolling a 3/4 with McInnes dice, the football got stale and the results started to dry up.

They have appointed Glass hoping to get a 4/5 with some better football on show.

It was always going to be risky but it's a chance Aberdeen fans wanted the club to take, fair enough maybe not with someone like Glass who didn't/doesn't have the experience or credentials to show he should have been given the job in the first place. 

Losing to Raith early on was a huge deal and I'm surprised more wasn't made of it at the time.

Got to give the guy time though, probably at least the season. It can still work out. 

15 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

And this seasons award for cliche of the year award goes to….

The ONLY people qualified to come out with that tedious shite are the Aberdeen fans who sat through the last two years of McInnes reign.

We were 100% right to get rid of McInnes.

Sadly we were 100% wrong to appoint Stephen Glass. 

Fair enough. Most Aberdeen fans were sceptical with Glass appointment. 

I apologise for winding you up even more on this very day 😉

1 minute ago, welldaft said:

Fair enough. Most Aberdeen fans were sceptical with Glass appointment. 

I apologise for winding you up even more on this very day 😉

Not winding me up. 
Most Dons fans were probably against the appointment, we’re just seeing it oan out as we anticipated.

He had nothing on his CV to suggest he should’ve been appointed but as soon as Aberdeen forged a partnership with Atlanta, it was always a fair bet he’d be next boss.

It’s not worked, it won’t work. Change it. 

Just now, Thenorthernlight said:

Not winding me up. 
Most Dons fans were probably against the appointment, we’re just seeing it pan out as we anticipated.

He had nothing on his CV to suggest he should’ve been appointed but as soon as Aberdeen forged a partnership with Atlanta, it was always a fair bet he’d be next boss.

Losing to Raith early on was a huge deal and I'm surprised more wasn't made of it at the time.

The club and minds of most fans were so preoccupied with Europe and the potential huge rewards of ECL groups, with Icelandic then Azeri opposition at the time seeming doable.

Going out of Europe was always going to make the Raith result seem a lot worse.

In the event we went out of Europe with a bigger pumping that any of the previous seven seasons, with the possible exception of Rijeka second time round.

Now the squad has been beefed up considerably, but given none of Ferguson, Kennedy or Hedges went out the door, I am not sure he has a clue what his best side is.

38 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

There's always next season.

The problem with this though is that the third placed team (Hibs) will be playing European football until Xmas and generating a couple of million into the coffers whilst we'll be playing Peterhead in the group stages of the League Cup.

This was really poor timing to experiment by installing your son's pal as your manager without bothering to look at other candidates.

I don't care what Cormack says, there was one name on the shortlist.

If he doesn't take a more professional attitude soon and realise that Scotland isn't a state in America then his tenure runs a real risk of being an unmitigated disaster.

If he doesn't want to sack Glass yet then get an experienced man to work alongside him because as things currently stand we're going to be, at best, top half of the bottom six.

1 hour ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Not winding me up. 
Most Dons fans were probably against the appointment, we’re just seeing it oan out as we anticipated.

Problem being Dave Cormack wants a yes man in charge. It won't change but it should. Loved Tyrone Smith winding Glass up in the after match interview with his dig about promising attacking football and Glass then denying he ever said it.

Will be interesting come winter time to see whether the vaccination proof status for stadiums over 10,000 still applies when our crowds drop to the 7,000 or 8,000 mark.

3 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

Aye

Don’t think the Stephen Glass thing is going to work, as well intentioned as it may have been

He’ll get the season, we’ll scrape top 6, not do anything in the cup and we’ll appoint someone else in the summer 

Ego trip from Dave gone badly wrong, shame 

At least Derek McInnes FC fans will be happy though 

I am a member of the Derek McInnes FC Supporters Club, and I can assure you that I’m not happy. Why would I be, I’m an Aberdeen fan. As an Aberdeen fan I’m behind Stephen Glass and the performances generally haven’t been as bad as fans are trying to make out. However, the last 35 minutes today were horrendous.

2 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I am a member of the Derek McInnes FC Supporters Club, and I can assure you that I’m not happy. Why would I be, I’m an Aberdeen fan. As an Aberdeen fan I’m behind Stephen Glass and the performances generally haven’t been as bad as fans are trying to make out. However, the last 35 minutes today were horrendous.

Not being cheeky, but what about the first 55 minutes impressed you? 

panning out how i thought so at least i was prepared. We have no god given right to be challenging rangers and celtic and winning cups every year.

won't stop the majority of aberdeen fans referring to mcinnes as a *** c**t though will it. A lot of people wanted him gone even since he was linked with rangers for having the nerve to even think about taking the job.

Edited by red23

1 minute ago, kingjoey said:

What was so good about the first 55 minutes?

St Johnstone were toying with us. Came and made them selves solid and we had no idea how to break them down. As the 2 nd half wore on they became more adventurous as they realised we were weak and low on confidence. Adding May to the attack and then getting a ( feably defended) goal was almost the perfect game plan from a manager ( Davidson) who has a good idea how to get results.

3 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Not being cheeky, but what about the first 55 minutes impressed you? 

The first half and the start of the second were ok, not that impressive. Did I say I was impressed by the first 55 minutes? We were at home to an average team that hadn’t won a single game this season outwith a penalty kicks win at Arbroath, yet when should have been really going for the win, we were showing little urgency. It’s quite telling that in these last 35 minutes the two players who were running all over the pitch trying to win the game were Hayes and McGinn.