The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

5 hours ago, TheJTS98 said:

Not raking back through pages, so apologies if this is some well-done topic that I've missed.

On the Scarves Around the Funnel Hearts podcast last week there was a section where the discussion of fan-ownership led to the topic of what Hearts can reasonably expect to achieve, and what wage structures etc should be.

I'm sure it was mentioned that Aberdeen intend to move their wage bill to the region of fifteen million quid or maybe to significantly increase it from there. This was just referenced as a quick kind of base figure and then the discussion moved on, so no context was given.

Seems a huge amount of money. Is the figure correct, and if so, have Aberdeen outlined this anywhere that I can read their plans?

Our year ending at June 2020 our Wages was 9.7 million as you can see with Club Accounts:

https://www.afc.co.uk/club/shares/

I would think Aberdeen would like to get wage bill to 15 million but they also have an aim to get 15k average attendance - I would say unrealistic but that is the boards ambitious aims.  Think club will lose 2-3 million this year as they are speculate to accumulate and try and get into the Conference League next season.   

I do think you need people with business expertise to run clubs but I would love to have the German model when the fans own 51% of the business. 

Edited by betting competition

13 minutes ago, betting competition said:

Our year ending at June 2020 our Wages was 9.7 million as you can see with Club Accounts:

I would think Aberdeen would like to get wage bill to 15 million but they also have an aim to get 15k average attendance - I would say unrealistic but that is the boards ambitious aims.  Think club will lose 2-3 million this year as they are speculate to accumulate and try and get into the Conference League next season.   

I do think you need people with business expertise to run clubs but I would love to have the German model when the fans own 51% of the business. 

Which fans though?

Some of the fans that would force their way in at some capacity is frightening.

2 hours ago, Rodhull said:

Been rumoured for a while but that's Ruth away on loan to Falkirk.

Thought he might have come to Cove and therefore kept training with the Dons but Sheerin's pull has clearly been vital in that move. How would you rate Ruth compared to Mitch, DGW, Simon Murray or other L1 strikers? Is he going to be prolific? Will get supply from Nesbit and Morrison so has a chance to bag a few I think. What are his best attributes?

Can't see us loaning any Aberdeen players this window. Ngwenya I like but we have Harry Milne. Mason Hancock I heard could be a candidate for a loan move but doubt we'll go for him either.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

On 21/08/2021 at 10:10, Jacksgranda said:

As long as he doesn't turn out like you, I'll be happy.

Young Jack is doing o.k., going for his masters this year, working part time in a chicken factory, bought his latest car for cash but had to take out a loan (which he could pay off today) in order to create a credit history, and his next project is gathering up the deposit for his own house.

He's just paid the renewal fee for our TV Fire Stick. (£100.00, I think.)

He's a good wee cub.

2 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

Which fans though?

Some of the fans that would force their way in at some capacity is frightening.

I would be worried with that as well but get the right Business people in charge and hopefully the club can prosper. I think the German model lets members vote for their voice on to the board and it is normally a former player they vote for. 

Motherwell have done well since fan ownership which I have been impressed with Alan Burrows. Be interesting to see how Hearts get on over the next 4 or 5 years to see if fan ownership can work for a club our size.  

Edited by betting competition

25 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Thought he might have come to Cove and therefore kept training with the Dons but Sheerin's pull has clearly been vital in that move. How would you rate Ruth compared to Mitch, DGW, Simon Murray or other L1 strikers? Is he going to be prolific? Will get supply from Nesbit and Morrison so has a chance to bag a few I think. What are his best attributes?

Can't see us loaning any Aberdeen players this window. Ngwenya I like but we have Harry Milne. Mason Hancock I heard could be a candidate for a loan move but doubt we'll go for him either.

We've not seen enough of him tbh.

Goodwillie was very good but he didn't score enough goals. We played better when he played but couldn't leave out Rooney due to the amount of goals he scored.

Hancock won't be going anywhere IMO. Unless he tries MacKenzie at lcb, we'd be left with three central defenders (not including Devlin for obvious reasons).

Just now, Merkland Red said:

We've not seen enough of him tbh.

Goodwillie was very good but he didn't score enough goals. We played better when he played but couldn't leave out Rooney due to the amount of goals he scored.

Hancock won't be going anywhere IMO. Unless he tries MacKenzie at lcb, we'd be left with three central defenders (not including Devlin for obvious reasons).

Falkirk will be pinning a lot of expectation on Ruth given they only have Keena as their other credible/proven striker. Hope it works out for him; will certainly be keeping track of his progress. 

Unfortunate Hancock might not get out on loan but understandable given the current situation. Was hoping for a loan signing from the Dons but feel it isn't going to come this window or even this season tbh.

5 hours ago, betting competition said:

Wage bill should drop a fair bit with the McInnes dream team departing.

11 minutes ago, betting competition said:

McInnes will still be getting paid until the end of this season. Cormark said that the wage bill is higher than last season and that was before the 3 new signings. 

I'd be interested to know what the terms of the McInnes team's pay off was. His contract was renegotiated to persuade him not to go to Sunderland and Rangers so I would imagine that getting rid of him won't be cheap.  I'd be surprised if it was only one year's salary but happy to be corrected by anyone who's better informed.

3 minutes ago, Game of throw-ins said:

I'd be interested to know what the terms of the McInnes team's pay off was. His contract was renegotiated to persuade him not to go to Sunderland and Rangers so I would imagine that getting rid of him won't be cheap.  I'd be surprised if it was only one year's salary but happy to be corrected by anyone who's better informed.

One year + a couple of months would take him to the end of his contract. I'd think paying up the contract would be the maximum outlay. Maybe reductions for a lump sum and freedom from obligations? 

1 minute ago, coprolite said:

One year + a couple of months would take him to the end of his contract. I'd think paying up the contract would be the maximum outlay. Maybe reductions for a lump sum and freedom from obligations? 

Yeah that looks reasonable.  The idea that we reduce our wage bill by hiring Glass always looked a bit uncertain.   To make up for a period of paying both managers and their teams we'd need that to be followed by a longish period of only paying Glass's presumably cheaper team.  

It's quite likely that before we get to that point Glass will have either have failed and be gone (with his own pay-off) or be a success and we're fending off interest from other clubs, possibly by offering an improved contract.

3 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

A “good wee cub”!!!! He’s one in a million.

That's not the first time he's paid out that sort of money for us.

They're all good bairns, really. (Even the wee terrors.)

1 hour ago, Merkland Red said:

"Derek always said: 'as long as I'm at this club, you'll be at this club'." Bizarre way to be running things, if true. 

Just now, DrewDon said:

"Derek always said: 'as long as I'm at this club, you'll be at this club'." Bizarre way to be running things, if true. 

I didn't want to make it a Derek thing but aye. Especially when a lot of folk were surprised he got the last contract. Or at least questioned the length.