The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Happy with that squad, but from a financial perspective I’m surprised that we haven’t moved at least a couple of players out, so I presume that nobody wanted them. Stephen Glass May have a problem in keeping everyone happy, because there are going to be a number of “bigger” players not playing, or even in the squad every week. 

4 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Happy with that squad, but from a financial perspective I’m surprised that we haven’t moved at least a couple of players out, so I presume that nobody wanted them. Stephen Glass May have a problem in keeping everyone happy, because there are going to be a number of “bigger” players not playing, or even in the squad every week. 

As we are out of Europe and the League Cup it's 18 men squads and only 3 subs from here on in.

Senior squad is 26

Lewis, Woods (2)

Ramsay, Gurr (2)

Bates, Gallagher, McCrorie, Devlin, Considine (5)

Mackenzie, Hayes (2)

Brown, Ferguson, Campbell, Ojo, McGeouch, Jenks, Longstaff (7)

McLennan, Kennedy, Hedges, McGinn, Watkins (5)

Ramirez, JET, Samuels (3)

Not including Ruth, Ngwenya and Hancock etc.

So you've got 6 of them not stripped every week and 12 of them not playing every week.

Should be well covered to absorb 3-4 injuries every game.

10 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

Yeah. I think we've had the best window of the teams I'd expect to be in and around us (Hibs, Hearts and St Johnstone). Hibs have kept their players which is the boost for them but they didn't finish too far ahead of us when we were pish poor for a large chunk of the season.

Even happier. No idea what Hibs were doing trying to get a swap deal involving three players done so late in the day.

Good to see us do our transfer business way before the deadline especially after the shambles in January. Lets hope the new signings will make us stronger as a team. Good not to lose Ferguson which Brown should be a mentor to him and also excellent that Hedges is staying also.

Edited by betting competition

21 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

No idea what Hibs were doing trying to get a swap deal involving three players done so late in the day.

He only became "available" an hour before the deadline (English window closed) so it was always a bit of a hail mary effort. Getting 2 clubs and 3 players to agree in that time was difficult enough, but sadly not enough time for the paperwork.

Cest la vie.

5 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

He only became "available" an hour before the deadline (English window closed) so it was always a bit of a hail mary effort. Getting 2 clubs and 3 players to agree in that time was difficult enough, but sadly not enough time for the paperwork.

Cest la vie.

Did your chairman not say back in January that your club was bleeding cash badly and players would have to be sold? If so how come nobody has left and still there was cash to try and sign McGrath?

6 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Cest la vie.

Surely you didn't just chuck a bid in with an hour to go?

19 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Something to note. Ethan Ross' agent has made a c**t of it.

He'd definitely fit in with the way we're trying to play.

He's still not got a club eh?

Hopefully a good example to the other youngsters (of what not to do).

Edited by Illgresi

Guest Bob Mahelp

Were Hibs fans not on here laughing because we bid half a million for one of their players ?

And now they tried to buy a midfielder from St Mirren by offering glass beads and blankets ?

Tinpot club. Lol.

5 minutes ago, Irrational Behaviour said:

Anyone concerned about our finances? 

Our wage bill must be higher than last season! 

Wouldn’t say I was concerned but I’d be surprised if we weren’t operating at a higher cost base than we really should be. I fully expected Ferguson to leave to fund the additional late in the window signings so we’ve definitely pushed the boat out. 

for all that I think the squad looks unbalanced in many ways so I have a slight nervousness that this team won’t justify the outlay. 

20 minutes ago, Irrational Behaviour said:

I'm a bit concerned we didn't manage to shift some deadwood. Qualifying for the playoffs probably made a big difference to what we were able to do though.

On the squad balance, not too fussed about that as long as everyone is fit. I look at the other non OF teams and there's none I'd take ahead of ours at this point.

3 hours ago, highland_mechanic said:

Did your chairman not say back in January that your club was bleeding cash badly and players would have to be sold? If so how come nobody has left and still there was cash to try and sign McGrath?

Yes, No, because we are not skint - rather obviously.................

3 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

Surely you didn't just chuck a bid in with an hour to go?

No, the deal was agreed between the 2 clubs, it wasnt just a speculative bid.

2 hours ago, Suspect Device said:

telling 3 of their players that they're not wanted but are now still on their books. Nice.

Numbers not really your strong point, eh 

🤣

28 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Doesn't look like it. Think you boys have made a c**t of it here.

Not getting the paperwork to the SFA in time is what you mean? Then yes - but it was difficult to get all that in an hour tbf.

But it was definitely agreed between the 2 hibs players, the st mirren player and both clubs, hence the paperwork being done..................albeit too late.

3 hours ago, Irrational Behaviour said:

Think Cormark said that Aberdeen are speculate to accumulate this season and look like losing about 2 to 3 million. 

Obviously Scottish Cup win or finishing 3rd will qualify for the group stages in Europe next season so 1 club outside Celtic/Rangers is going to benefit 3 to 4 million.