The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

5 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aberdeen fans Summer long obsession about signing Jamie McGrath, based on absolute nothing and with repeated stories he's not interested in staying in Scotland, really is incredible.

Repetition doesn't necessarily amount to obsession.  If we were to sell Ferguson and spend some of the money on a replacement McGrath would be on a very short list of players fans know about who could potentially fit the bill.   So he gets mentioned.  Most of the fans who've mentioned  him probably don't know a lot about him and won't really care whether we bring in him or some similarly rated player they haven't heard of yet.

Can't see us signing anyone else as we have increased our squad size. Cormark was saying we are paying more on wages than last season and that was before we signed Bates, Watkins and the loan signing of Longstaff. 

So wonder if anyone will leave us as I was expecting bids for Ferguson who has been very average this season. Hopefully we will be able to keep Hedges. 

Edited by betting competition

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

I’m ok with that. 

Yeah. I think we've had the best window of the teams I'd expect to be in and around us (Hibs, Hearts and St Johnstone). Hibs have kept their players which is the boost for them but they didn't finish too far ahead of us when we were pish poor for a large chunk of the season.

Surely Kennedy will be going somewhere?

…….can imagine any kind of semi-decent offer to pick up some of his wage and the club wouldn’t be hard to deal with.

He’ll probably be good at a club with little pressure.

1 hour ago, anotherchance said:

We have a lot of midfielders who do similar sort of jobs - when we've had similar situations in the past we've done a lot of shoehorning/chopping and changing to the detriment of the team.

Hopefully Glass is a bit more canny.

Well his team selection against Ross County suggests not.

4 centre mids in midfield.

2 too many at home to them.