The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

1 minute ago, Rodhull said:

Hmm, strange one. Linked with Hearts but Derek Rae was implying a move for him had fallen through and he preferred staying in Germany or elsewhere in Europe rather than coming home. Wouldn't be the worst signing but liked the idea of signing the young lad Hamilton from Accies.

I'm guessing the Hearts link is how Murray knows then

I reckon Bates would be a good signing. And Hamilton too. I'm just glad Glass is looking for a defender and not relying on Devlin getting fit anytime soon

27 minutes ago, Dandiest Don said:

https://twitter.com/mrewanmurray/status/1431213241875714048?s=19

The guardians golf correspondent saying we are in advance talks with David Bates

Never rated him at Rangers but hopefully improved as a player since then. Had a few injuries problems over the last few years. 

18 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Hmm, strange one. Linked with Hearts but Derek Rae was implying a move for him had fallen through and he preferred staying in Germany or elsewhere in Europe rather than coming home. Wouldn't be the worst signing but liked the idea of signing the young lad Hamilton from Accies.

The article that linked him with Hearts also suggested Moore from Bristol City was the preferred option, so I'm not sure that move was from us.

I don't remember him being too bad in the handful of matches he played for Scotland, although he did play in that Kazakhstan game.

2 hours ago, CCB19035 said:

How we rating the Glass revolution so far? 

A good thing he rested players against Raith!

If Glass had played the strongest team against Raith and we'd got through, everyone would have been complaining today that he should have rotated the team against Raith as they all looked tired losing last night... At least we'd still have been in the cup though.

I was absolutely raging with that performance last night, so much so we left at half time. Two hour drive each way for f**k all.

Still, it's probably best we put last night and the cup game behind us. The signings that are being talked about are encouraging, and a 3rd place finish will most likely get us into European group stage football next season. Time to focus on that.

Edited by Illgresi

7 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Bates on a permanent deal

Happy with that 

And it’s nice to pip Hearts to a signing. Makes a nice change from Hibs.

Ken your place, Edinburgh cuntos 8)

The last two players that happened with were Curtis Main and Craig Bryson. Best of luck.

(there's also nothing to suggest we were seriously interested)

Speaking to a Geordie at work this morning and he thinks Longstaff (Matty) is probably a better option than some of their starting CMs and will stroll it in the Jock backwater, but difficult to know whether that’s just a classic case of fans rating a player higher when they’re not playing under an unpopular manager. 

38 minutes ago, DC92 said:

The last two players that happened with were Curtis Main and Craig Bryson. Best of luck.

(there's also nothing to suggest we were seriously interested)

I believe Niall McGinn (second time round) and someone called Matty Kennedy too.

3 hours ago, RussellAnderson said:

Glass looks like an inexperienced manager, but one with a plan and a lot of good ideas. He’s also been hamstrung in the fact that our squad is paper thin. He certainly gets the season for me. Top six minimum, providing the football still looks good and we clock up a few very good, convincing wins that are a “glimpse at what could be if we were more consistent”. 

then next season we bring it all together and win the fucking thing everything. 

There

1 hour ago, betting competition said:

Never rated him at Rangers but hopefully improved as a player since then. Had a few injuries problems over the last few years. 

Just the man for us, then...

11 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

This is wow. Some going. Don't think I know anyone who has left as early as that before. Impressive 

I've never left early before in my life, but I left my wife at home with a 2 year old and 5 month old. So it came down to a decision to stay for an hour and watch more of that insipid shite, or go home and try to salvage some expended brownie points.

Edit: And I don't regret it one bit.

Edited by Illgresi

3 minutes ago, Illgresi said:

I've never left early before in my life, but I left my wife at home with a 2 year old and 5 month old. So it came down to a decision to stay for an hour and watch more of that insipid shite, or go home and try to salvage some expended brownie points.

Edit: And I don't regret it one bit.

You should. Second half was brilliant. 

https://twitter.com/AAberdonia/status/1431257361319137281?s=19

No idea if this guy is reliable. But looks like we've maybe done Newcastle a favour to get Longstaff ahead of some championship clubs. Ferguson going the other way on loan initially. 

Just noticed these are his only tweets so guessing maybe not the most reliable 

Also how do I add a link to a tweet so the picture shows rather than just a link

Edited by Dandiest Don