The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

No away fans for the County match?  That seems a bit weird.  It's not like we're going to fill the ground with Dons fans.  I mean I guess they can just get on the database and buy a ticket anyway, but I'm not sure dissuading away fans is a good thing to do long-term.  

Fully agree - not sure what’s going on here

Just now, yoda said:

Aberdeen have had a chip on their shoulder about the whole sheep shagging thing since County first got promoted. I'm not saying the two things are linked but join the dots, people. 

No ewe join the dots.

Was in the club shop today and noticed a father giving his son a brutal exposure to the perils of being a Dons fans.

The kid was getting 'Considine' printed on his shirt with the number 4. The club shop gave them the token warning that the transfer window isn't closed and players can still move. Printed shirts can't be refunded.

"That's why I didn't let him get Ferguson."

6 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Hedges and Considine out while the majority of the first 11 will be either rested or still feeling the exertions of Thursday nights performance and travel.

Hearts win to cap off a shocking week of results for the Dons.

Have to agree with this analysis, although I don't think I'd describe Thursday as "shocking".

ETA: As Dons_1988 has said

Edited by Jacksgranda

No away fans for the County match?  That seems a bit weird.  It's not like we're going to fill the ground with Dons fans.  I mean I guess they can just get on the database and buy a ticket anyway, but I'm not sure dissuading away fans is a good thing to do long-term.  

Very poor from us. Rob Wicks is making the excuse that we’re giving away 1000 tickets and the Main Stand central sections are unavailable. No reason why we can’t give them the away end as usual, 16,000-ish home seats will be more than enough.

1 hour ago, lubo_blaha said:

Very poor from us. Rob Wicks is making the excuse that we’re giving away 1000 tickets and the Main Stand central sections are unavailable. No reason why we can’t give them the away end as usual, 16,000-ish home seats will be more than enough.

Agreed. County don't bring that big a crowd. They should be offered the chance to take something.

On 21/08/2021 at 13:57, tarapoa said:

Fully agree - not sure what’s going on here

Seats in C and D sections of the Main Stand will not be available owing to Covid regulations.  ST holders from C and D will be allocated seats in the South Stand, where away fans would normally be.

Aren't there rules about segregation of fans?  My guess is that with the C and D guys in the South Stand they can't get the necessary segregation arranged.

Edited by Game of throw-ins

I'm sure he'll have his moments where he is caught out, but Thursday and today have convinced me that McCrorie's future is most likely at centre-back. Superb again. His ability to carry the ball out of defence and also cover ground are two huge assets for a central defender in the way Glass wants to play. 

Do the Dandies use Park of Hamilton? It's just I was coming back from a day out, forgot Hearts were at home, drove near Tynecastle and saw three coaches in convoy, one of which said "Stand Free" (that'll be the Aberdeen team coach said the sharp Tam to himself)

Given Covid regs I thought you'd need 3 different coaches but the reason I ask is if it was an Aberdeen team coach why give money to a company owned by the Rangers chairman? Unless the Parks' coach was carrying the press and the match officials.... :whistle

What is this absolute shite from Scot Gemmill? He says that it’s better for Calvin Ramsay to play for the Under 19’s than sit on the bench for the Under 21’s. Why the hell would the best right back in the league so far be sitting on the bench for the Under 21’s, he’d be on the pitch. And Gemmill says that Jack McKenzie, who at left back has arguably been better than Calvin Ramsay, isn’t in the squad, but probably will be in future squads going forward. What a heap of absolute doubletalk.