The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

14 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Cormack also mentioned at half time that there's some potential deals going on in the background.

Didn't say it with any conviction to actually make me think a signing is happening but he still gave more away than I'd expect.

Don’t see how we could improve this side to be quite honest with you. 

Just now, Merkland Red said:

😂

Was a great performance. Will be interesting to see how we line up next week. Do we go for another win or see it out?

I have a strong feeling we'll set out to win the game, not just the tie.

46 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Brilliant result, great performance, especially taking in to account this was our first game.

Hardly a weakness.

Big JET was great… tired a bit in the last 20 understandably. 

COYR! 

JET was a real handful for them tonight and really helped create for the players around him. Scott Brown really got about the pitch as well today. I kept thinking there was an extra midfield player then realised he was the one in tackling again.

Well done to the whole team for a great evening. Looking forward to some entertaining games this year.

Edited by Don exotic

2 minutes ago, Illgresi said:

I have a strong feeling we'll set out to win the game, not just the tie.

I'm happy with either to be honest.

1 minute ago, Don exotic said:

JET was a real handful for them tonight and really helped create for the players around him. Scott Brown really got about the pitch as well today. I kept thinking there was an extra midfield player then realised he was the one in tackling again.

Well done to the while team for a great evening. Looking forward to some entertaining games this year.

Brown will need some strong management. He won't be able to play every game but he'll want to.

6 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

I'm happy with either to be honest.

Brown will need some strong management. He won't be able to play every game but he'll want to.

Agreed, but hoping his role as part of the coaching staff will help to give him some perspective on that. He's not the huffy type of player imo, but one with an incredible drive to win. I think he'll be able to recognise that the team are able to do that on occasion without him.

5 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I think we go to win but question is will we have one eye on  United. 

United will take care of itself imo. There's room for rotation if needed, but the players all looked super fit tonight.

3 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Aye. Tough one.

Have Shinie and McDermid been punted? Not one to celebrate folk losing their jobs but I couldn't be done with either.

I was wondering the same. I couldn't stand the sycophancy. The new chap doesn't strike me as a Dons fan, more a "I fancy myself as a TV commentator" kind of chap. Personally I prefered it.

Just now, Illgresi said:

I was wondering the same. I couldn't stand the sycophancy. The new chap doesn't strike me as a Dons fan, more a "I fancy myself as a TV commentator" kind of chap. Personally I prefered it.

Steve Tosh was there to do the Dons fan bit!

Shinie made no mention of the game on twitter...probably off supporting Derek McInnes FC.

I never saw that coming, either the free-flowing, relaxed, attacking performance from a team still very much in their pre-season, or the ease in which the mid-season Swedes were turned over.

If this was a peek at the season ahead then I'm looking forward to it.

A couple of slight concerns, but overall it was a great watch and, combined with the result in Vienna, gives us real hope of progress to the play-off round.

JET looks class and Scott Brown gives as a touch of guile in the centre of the park. I can feel his nastiness rubbing off on some of the other players which is brilliant, because we were far too nice last season.

Hail the new Don!

Edited by Bogbrush1903