The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

48 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Record reporting Ethan Ross has rejected your contract offer and will leave this Summer.

Obviously got good agent as surprised with clubs mentioned .interested in him .  Would not have expected him  to be more of a bench warmer if he stayed.

Good luck him and obviously development fee got be agreed.    maybe this might give Hanratty chance break through.  He is an entertainer and character when he is on his game  ,seen him few times .

But  dont think he played every week for  Cove on loan last season could be wrong.

19 minutes ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

Just seen this.

what type of player is he?

going by our post he’s a midfielder?

Aye, one of the many central midfielders we have.

I reckon a couple more will be loaned/released.

Young Connor Barron will be loaned.

Virtanen too perhaps? 

Ojo, you’d think, would be managed off the books.

And we will sell Lewis Ferguson if someone ponies up with a sensible offer.

3 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

The away goals rule has been scrapped. This means that the customary goal that we concede in the last 20 minutes of a home European tie will be slightly less devastating from this season onwards.

Now we can go out on pens more often

28 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

The away goals rule has been scrapped. This means that the customary goal that we concede in the last 20 minutes of a home European tie will be slightly less devastating from this season onwards.

I should post this in the Scots in Europe forum but last time we got knocked out in away goals was over 20 years ago. 

Edited by betting competition

27 minutes ago, DunbartonshireRed said:

Looks like Ramirez could well be on his way. Left out of the Houston squad for their game last night and they look like they will be replacing him with the goalscoring machine Sam Baldock. 😂

Man, 32 years old playing for some decent standards of clubs and genuinely don't think I've ever heard of him.

2 hours ago, betting competition said:

I should post this in the Scots in Europe forum but last time we got knocked out in away goals was over 20 years ago. 

I struggled to figure out that we didnt get knocked out on away goals by Maribor... 

My point was more that we’ve conceded once at home against Karat, Maribor, Apollon, Burnley and without that we would’ve gone to extra time or even gone straight through. Came close to costing us against Fola Esch, Siroki Brijeg and RoPS as well.

Guest Bob Mahelp

I suppose it's a fact that in Europe, good teams score away from home and don't concede at home. 

We're actually quite good at getting away goals, but utter pish at not conceding at home.

Usually comes from us being over zealous/naive at home and/or making a catastrophic error which good teams to punish you for, even if you only give them one. 

Actually the Scotland game the other night reminded me of our tie with Rijeka when we went at them 100mph from kick off and after 10 minutes they cleared a corner, ran the length of the pitch unopposed and scored :lol: