The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

4 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

Atlanta 2 are a professional team...

I know, I was being facetious about the standard.

And FWIW, less than 20 games for Atlanta B & that’s been compared by Martin Rennie, a Scottish coach working out there, to the Scottish Championship/lower Scottish Premiership. 

The deal was done more than a week ago with the MLS and the player.  Houston asked for extra time to sign a replacement, that was the delay.  Now it is a case of applying for the work permit and then probably going through the appeal's process.

There we have it.

Edited by TommyDickFingers

14 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

So you’d be happy with us signing a 25 year old who’d played less than 20 games in the Scottish Championship? 

I mean i'm not unhappy that we have, I'm happy that Glass is getting his own players in, Gurr has played a full season in the USL Championship with the above graph showing that in his attacking style he was one of the best performers in the league. Glass obviously thinks he can do a job in this team, have trust in the manager, he wouldn't just sign a player if he didn't think it was going to help the team get to it's goals and ambitions.

19 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yeah all points to him being an attacking back up tbh.

Also had the odd game at RCB, LB, and RW for Atlanta.

Think the USA leagues are a lot more possession oriented/lower tempo than here, suspect it'll be a culture shock the first time he receives a pass then gets instantly clattered.

But Brown's playing for us, now...

1 minute ago, Jacksgranda said:

But Brown's playing for us, now...

Guess the culture shock will come during his first training session then.

13 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Chances are we'll be taking a few of your youngsters on loan later in the transfer window. Any idea who the likely candidates will be? 

Connor Barron, Michael Ruth and Mark Gallagher would be candidates.

Depends what you are in need of I'd guess.

Edited by Merkland Red

1 minute ago, Merkland Red said:

Connor Barron, Michael Ruth and Mark Gallagher would be candidates.

Depends what you are in need of I'd guess.

A box to box centre midfielder who can run up and down the park for 3 days straight. 

A couple of strikers and a centre back.

1 minute ago, FFC 1876 said:

A box to box centre midfielder who can run up and down the park for 3 days straight. 

Gallagher and Barron are centre midfielders. Don't know too much about Gallagher but McInnes was desperate to get him in. Ross County fans knew little about him.

2 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Gallagher and Barron are centre midfielders. Don't know too much about Gallagher but McInnes was desperate to get him in. Ross County fans knew little about him.

Lovely, loans make all the difference in our league so hopefully we can be as beneficial to the players as they are to our sucess this season.

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

What are they?