The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

1 hour ago, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

We're absolutely right to try to get the best value possible for Ferguson, but it does seem like this could be handled a bit better. No need to air our laundry in public, as it will be better for us in the long run if players know they can sign a contract, safe in the knowledge we'll negotiate sensibly when the time comes to move on.

I really think we should be aiming for £5 million. Out of all the players we've lost/sold in the last decade, he's got the highest potential since Fraser IMO.

I totally agree on his potential. He's definitely got a higher ceiling than McKenna, Cosgrove and Wright being the last three sold on.

I think he can match Kenny McLean level

Tbh, the only thing about it that stands out is some of the language in the statement. Putting something out through official channels and calling the offer "insulting" is just such a weak flex.
It's the sort of thing you'd expect to come out of Ibrox when Jim Traynor had his crayons out.
All that was really needed to be said was that the offer was significantly below valuation and that the club are not encouraging offers for the player. Instead you've got Cormack (presumably it's him) trying to pull this routine.

This is what stood out for me. It read like a Rangers statement circa 2017. Might as well have said that Watford’s offer wasn’t concomitant with our valuation of Ferguson.

Much as I didn't like the club putting out the statement they did yesterday, that was clearly a move to get in first before the Daily Record could get the story online that Bill McMurdo had given them. An attempt to control the narrative as opposed to let that sectarian p***k McMurdo do so.

As such, I have no bother with that. McMurdo will play dirty through the media, up to the club to not let it turn into "poor Lewis, look at Aberdeen holding him back".

The truth that everyone knows is that if a team comes in with an acceptable offer, Ferguson will deservedly have his move up the ladder. Until then, he's under contract for a number of years and has a vital place in our team that can't be undersold.

That tramp can go and retire back underneath the arches with his bottle of electric soup where he's been hiding since 1989 after getting 'Mojo' to trade in his knitted jumper for a shit suit and designer stubble to match his new boss, Graeme 'sometimes I wish I was English' Penis, and a pair of Ibrox brogues in standard Govan diarrhoea shade... 

Our board is as much entitled to look after the club's interests as that hobo King Billy McMurder is at looking after his client's... 

He's contracted till 2024 is he not? Ask him to give us one more season with aim of winning one of cups which we should be always aiming for as a minimum.

I reckon he will go on to be a top player, this season he was being asked to play different roles in midfield. I see him being best as an old fashioned box to box midfielder who has potential to get double figures each season from open play.

At the age of 21 he has made a significant amount of appearances and seems like a level headed guy. A born winner too with a top mentality I think.

Let's just hope that when he does leave that it is down south and he doesn't make same move as Jack and Wright.

I can’t believe that I’m asking this, but @RandomGuy. are you able to compare the XG for Derek McInnes’s last six matches (Hibs, St Mirren, Celtic, Kilmarnock, Celtic & Hamilton) and Stephen Glass’s first six matches (Livingston,Celtic, Dundee United, Livingston, Hibs & Rangers). You may not be able or bothered.

25 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I can’t believe that I’m asking this, but @RandomGuy. are you able to compare the XG for Derek McInnes’s last six matches (Hibs, St Mirren, Celtic, Kilmarnock, Celtic & Hamilton) and Stephen Glass’s first six matches (Livingston,Celtic, Dundee United, Livingston, Hibs & Rangers). You may not be able or bothered.

The here we go Twitter account posted the xG for all this season's games yesterday.

Edit: The league games at least.

Edited by Rodhull

21 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I could when I'm on my lunch break.

FotMob website have started putting up figures though if you want to look yourself.

55 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

disappointed the wire GIF

17 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

It wouldn't work out well for your club long term if you start refusing to let promising young players progress to a higher level, tbh.

Its shite but thats football.

So if an epl club offered way below what you think kerr or McCann are worth saints should just accept it

7 minutes ago, Dubford don said:

So if an epl club offered way below what you think kerr or McCann are worth saints should just accept it

Of course not.

5 hours ago, Rodhull said:

The here we go Twitter account posted the xG for all this season's games yesterday.

Edit: The league games at least.

The problem with looking at expected goals in isolation is that it isn't that hard to increase xG by adopting a more adventurous style.  The problem is that you are also likely to increase the amount of goals you concede. And in terms of points gathering it's statistically more important not to concede the first goal than to score the first goal.  That's the main reason managers outside the very richest teams in any league tend to be conservative.

So it's not enough for Glass to increase our propensity to score goals, he has to do it while restricting any increase in our propensity to concede to a significantly smaller amount.  That's the really hard trick to pull off and why an uptick in xG in isolation won't tell us  much about how successful he's being.

19 minutes ago, Game of throw-ins said:

The problem with looking at expected goals in isolation is that it isn't that hard to increase xG by adopting a more adventurous style.  The problem is that you are also likely to increase the amount of goals you concede. And in terms of points gathering it's statistically more important not to concede the first goal than to score the first goal.  That's the main reason managers outside the very richest teams in any league tend to be conservative.

So it's not enough for Glass to increase our propensity to score goals, he has to do it while restricting any increase in our propensity to concede to a significantly smaller amount.  That's the really hard trick to pull off and why an uptick in xG in isolation won't tell us  much about how successful he's being.

Alright Derek min? You should be sunning yersel, not posting on messageboards x