The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Tbf it does seem pretty poor from Aberdeen, if his agent is right (they're lying b*****ds in general tbf).

Sounds like he only extended his deal as Aberdeen agreed they'd negotiate with any EPL side that enquired, and nobody wanted a release clause. An EPL side has now enquired and Aberdeen have just rejected the offer and refused all negotiations.

The transfer request isn't because the offer was rejected, its because Aberdeen are flat out refusing to negotiate with an EPL club.

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Tbf it does seem pretty poor from Aberdeen, if his agent is right (they're lying b*****ds in general tbf).

Sounds like he only extended his deal as Aberdeen agreed they'd negotiate with any EPL side that enquired, and nobody wanted a release clause. An EPL side has now enquired and Aberdeen have just rejected the offer and refused all negotiations.

The transfer request isn't because the offer was rejected, its because Aberdeen are flat out refusing to negotiate with an EPL club.

Behave. The agent will absolutely know how much Aberdeen are after.

This is p.r to make the player blameless.

2 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Behave. The agent will absolutely know how much Aberdeen are after.

This is p.r to make the player blameless.

I dunno tbh, yer man Cormack seems like an absolute slaver, and I could fully believe he would take some "we're Aberdeen, we don't negotiate" stance towards an EPL side to try and flex his muscles 

Guest TheJTS98

It's not uncommon for a player submitting a transfer request to be part of the whole dance requested by the selling club so they can 'show' fans that they did all they could to keep a player/get the best fee. Years ago a mate of mine who then played for an SPL team told me that his club had asked two players to do it before they moved on. One moved and the other deal fell through.

The Athletic have actually got a bit about this practise in an article about Kane today.

Players do it because they don't care, they just want the deal done. Selling clubs like a transfer request because they get the fans off their back.

A transfer request is meaningless. The club know the player wants to leave. It changes nothing. Filed straight in the bin. All just part of the big game.

In one of his recent interviews Paul Hartley mentioned how daft he now feels about submitting a transfer request to Hearts in 2005. Along the lines of "I handed in a written request and told the club I wanted to leave, and they said 'Do you, aye?'."

Pointless thing to do. A club will either pay what Aberdeen want or they won't.

Edited by TheJTS98

A lot of bed wetting going on here. 
Transfer window not even open, Aberdeen quite rightly trying to maximise this deal as Ferguson is the biggest sellable asset left. 
Anyone who believe an agents pish has probably got 10 broken watches in their top drawer purchased on foreign holidays.

21 minutes ago, coprolite said:

I don't believe Derek McInnes would have been paying Ferguson, nor Ferguson working for McInnes personally. He wouldn't be in any position to give a personal assurance. 

Any agent advising their client to rely on any such assurance from someone in a role as insecure as a football manager would be stupid and negligent. 

I doubt if Martindale was paying JET's wages. 

And I'd imagine that McInnes was involved to some extent in the contract dealings with Ferguson and/or his agent.  I don't know if Ferguson's contract extension was made before Cormack took over from Milne. If it was during Milne's tenure , though , then I wouldn't be surprised if Milne gave McInnes at least tacit authority to give Ferguson some sort of unwritten agreement about any future transfer.

All speculation and guesswork on my part. 

I'm pretty sure , though , that even the thickest of players wouldnt need his agent to point out that an unwritten gentleman's agreement isn't  watertight.  Ferguson doesnt strike me as being particularly thick. Comes across as having head fairly welli screwed on, to me anyway.

39 minutes ago, coprolite said:

I don't believe Derek McInnes would have been paying Ferguson, nor Ferguson working for McInnes personally. He wouldn't be in any position to give a personal assurance. 

Any agent advising their client to rely on any such assurance from someone in a role as insecure as a football manager would be stupid and negligent. 

Absolutely! Such an important 'agreement' should be in their Contract.  Mickey Mouse! 

17 minutes ago, TommyDickFingers said:

Hope so, it's long overdue. Changed day's from that  loving cup drinking twat.

It wouldn't work out well for your club long term if you start refusing to let promising young players progress to a higher level, tbh.

Its shite but thats football.

Guest TheJTS98
9 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

It wouldn't work out well for your club long term if you start refusing to let promising young players progress to a higher level, tbh.

It's not really shite. It's exactly the same as Aberdeen wanting to sign a player from Accies or Raith Rovers.

All clubs have to negotiate up the ladder and down. There's no point being weans about it.

Did Aberdeen themselves not have a hell of a wrangle with Accies over Ferguson in the first place?

Edited by TheJTS98

13 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

We’re not going to refuse him a move FFS. You’re talking pish. 

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

We’re not going to refuse him a move FFS. You’re talking pish. 

I was replying to someone who wants Aberdeen to do exactly that.

11 minutes ago, TheJTS98 said:

It's not really shite. It's exactly the same as Aberdeen wanting to sign a player from Accies or Raith Rovers.

All clubs have to negotiate up the ladder and down. There's no point being weans about it.

Did Aberdeen themselves not have a hell of a wrangle with Accies over Ferguson in the first place?

I don't think that's been mentioned (half a dozen times), no.

Guest TheJTS98
2 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

I don't think that's been mentioned (half a dozen times), no.

Frankly, if you think I'm reading more than one page of this thread, you're very much mistaken.

We're absolutely right to try to get the best value possible for Ferguson, but it does seem like this could be handled a bit better. No need to air our laundry in public, as it will be better for us in the long run if players know they can sign a contract, safe in the knowledge we'll negotiate sensibly when the time comes to move on.

I really think we should be aiming for £5 million. Out of all the players we've lost/sold in the last decade, he's got the highest potential since Fraser IMO.

Guest TheJTS98
2 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

That's your lookout, buddy

Yes, but it's an easy lookout. Confined to one page.

Ah, shit.

Edited by TheJTS98