The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

8 minutes ago, bennett said:

In any game that I've seen Jet play in he basically just barges into defenders, so much for the footballing side that Glass talked about.

You’ve obviously seen our next season’s team play already. How did we do?

2 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Apparently we're set to announce Anderson tonight, was part of the JET 'agreement' between the clubs

I realise you are a little excited about Anderson, but he isn’t really that good I’m afraid. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruce_Anderson_(footballer,_born_1998)

Anderson hasn't done well enough for us and it makes absolute sense to let him go especially if he can have a fresh start at Livingston.

JET is an upgrade on Anderson, Hendry, Hornby, Kamberi and Main and I'd even argue the Cosgrove of this season.

Look at all the backup strikers we've had under McInnes: Zola, Parker, Goodwillie, Maynard, Stockley, May etc. From what I've seen of JET he will offer us more then that lot.

If JET scores 6 goals next season he's done more then all those mentioned above (excluding Cosgrove).

5 minutes ago, betting competition said:

I was never much of a fan of Bruce Anderson and if Jet is his replacement then it looks like an improvement to the squad

Aye I never really saw the hype with Anderson, I’m sure he’ll have a decent career but don’t see him as the great hope some did. 

Ive seen JET a few times and thought he’s looked both brilliant and at times hopeless but I think he’s a decent option. 

19 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

🤣

He's a good player but not suited to the loan front man job. Of all the strikers we've had lately I'd most fancy him in front of goal but he couldn't do the other stuff the other forwards could in our system.

Hoping he goes on to do well.

He's not being loaned, he's being transferred...

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Aye I never really saw the hype with Anderson, I’m sure he’ll have a decent career but don’t see him as the great hope some did. 

Ive seen JET a few times and thought he’s looked both brilliant and at times hopeless but I think he’s a decent option. 

He was hopeless when he first played for us, really unfit and slow. However by the time the season finished he was our best player, great with the ball at his feet, as long as he doesn't hold onto it too long, always seems to come away with the ball when running at two or three players, but when having his back to defenders he gets robbed a lot.

Got a thunderous shot on him and very quick pass, really zips it into feet, think we were just starting to see how good he is too, can see him being even better next season at Aberdeen with a full pre season under his belt.

4 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

He was hopeless when he first played for us, really unfit and slow. However by the time the season finished he was our best player, great with the ball at his feet, as long as he doesn't hold onto it too long, always seems to come away with the ball when running at two or three players, but when having his back to defenders he gets robbed a lot.

Got a thunderous shot on him and very quick pass, really zips it into feet, think we were just starting to see how good he is too, can see him being even better next season at Aberdeen with a full pre season under his belt.

Strikes me as the type who needs to play every week to be fit enough to contribute. Yet he has been mentioned as probably not first choice striker. This scenario may be his downfall then.

3 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

I often wonder how things would have been if he had not scored on his debut against Rangers. That goal alone seem to elevate him to a Messianic level among a certain section of our support.

Anderson did absolutely nothing to convince me he should be starting games.  He endeared himself to fans on his debut by coming on as a sub against Rangers and scoring an unlikely equaliser in stoppage time, but that was nearly 3 years ago and he's done little of note since.

And yet... in truth his appearances have been so sporadic and bitty that it's hard to judge his potential.  McInnes clearly had a preference for strikers to have at least a bit of physical presence and Anderson lacks that.  When he played he was always coming into a team that was set to play in a way that didn't suit him.  That's not a criticism of the club - Anderson never showed enough to justify organising the team to suit him.  But it did mean that the lad maybe never got a proper chance to show what he can do.

At a club where he's playing every week it might be different.  I wouldn't be altogether surprised if he turns out to be the next Shankland, turning in performances that make us wonder why we let him go.  I don't think it's likely, but it's possible.

3 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

That's called hedging your bets.. 

Anderson sure he'll do well but not good enough. 

Jay Emmanuel Thomas brilliant and hopeless...

All bases covered I think..