The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

4 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Well be re-signing him after his hat trick against us next season

🤣

10 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Looks like Anderson is incoming for us as part of the deal. I know I’ve talked about him a fair bit but what’s he actually like? :D 

He's a good player but not suited to the loan front man job. Of all the strikers we've had lately I'd most fancy him in front of goal but he couldn't do the other stuff the other forwards could in our system.

Hoping he goes on to do well.

15 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Looks like Anderson is incoming for us as part of the deal. I know I’ve talked about him a fair bit but what’s he actually like? :D 

Last thing I remember Anderson doing for us was missing a complete sitter in the last few minutes of a match at Almondvale.

Personally I just don't think he's good enough for us. 

If Emmanuel-Thomas is signed as some kind of different option back-up, then fine as we can't chuck Ash Taylor up there anymore last ten.  However, I would still hope for a couple more prolific options to come in.

I think we'll either keep Anderson or sign Hendry as our 'project' striker, and aim to sign 1st choice option as well. If the past is anything to go by, we will fail to sign our 1st, 2nd, and 3rd choice strikers and roll into next season with Thomas and Anderson/Hendry.

18 minutes ago, Illgresi said:

I think we'll either keep Anderson or sign Hendry as our 'project' striker, and aim to sign 1st choice option as well. If the past is anything to go by, we will fail to sign our 1st, 2nd, and 3rd choice strikers and roll into next season with Thomas and Anderson/Hendry.

Apparently we're set to announce Anderson tonight, was part of the JET 'agreement' between the clubs

47 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

A big physical striker that scored against us previously. I’m sure we’ve seen this movie before 😉

We certainly have, and personally I thought that Adam Rooney did a pretty good job for us.

I didn’t realise that Jay Emmanuel-Thomas has played in the English Premier League for Arsenal. Great answer in his RedTV interview to who is the best player you have ever played with. “Cesc Fabregas.”

2 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I didn’t realise that Jay Emmanuel-Thomas has played in the English Premier League for Arsenal. Great answer in his RedTV interview to who is the best player you have ever played with. “Cesc Fabregas.”

Think he only managed 1 game but was very highly regarded by Wenger at one point

Just now, gannonball said:

Brown,Gallagher and now Jet. Has Glass been on the wind up with all this ethos pish and just going for big/dirty shithouses? Not the worst Idea tbh.

All the best teams have big/dirty shithouses. The difference here is that the big/dirty shithouses we've signed can all play a bit, which is unusual for this league.

He still needs to sign a fair bit of technical ability until I'm convinced to be honest. Overall happy so far though.

Welcome aboard JET. I think he'll be a fairly decent addition to our squad. He can't be any worse then any of the strikers that have worn the red jersey this past season.

To backtrack on what I said a few days ago. I think we just have to trust Glass and his recruitment strategy. 

Going to reserve judgement until I see how the new squad does after a few months.

COYR!

Edited by HarleyQuinn

33 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Brown,Gallagher and now Jet. Has Glass been on the wind up with all this ethos pish and just going for big/dirty shithouses? Not the worst Idea tbh.

I'm hoping it's a case of getting experienced pros in to help the younger players with the change in philosophy 

Guest Bob Mahelp

We have a long, distinguished recent history of signing big strikers and then....hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooof

5 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

We have a long, distinguished recent history of signing big strikers and then....hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooof

Was thinking same,thought Jet was more a McInnes type signing. Did well against us but so did nearly everyone else.Not excited and doubt this will shift season tickets but as always with new players hope he is a success. Good luck min .

1 hour ago, ATLIS said:

Apparently we're set to announce Anderson tonight, was part of the JET 'agreement' between the clubs

Announced now. Decent, basically a swap then. JET for Anderson