The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Would Tommie Hoban or Greg Leigh do a turn for likes of St. Mirren or you reckon they are leaving to move to bigger?
Hoban in particular fits our mould in thaT he's Irish and established at this level.

Hoban is a strange one. Looked like one we’d be desperate to keep after his first spell and start of his second spell but like the rest of the team he faded badly. That said, it was his first full season of his career (at the age of 27) and he did contribute to a lot of clean sheets. He’s a good defender but not the quickest and isn’t particularly comfortable playing the ball out as we’ve seen recently.

No disrespect to St Mirren but I’d imagine he’ll be looking for a lower championship or higher league one side in England. On the Irish thing, he does have one senior cap and several youth caps but was born in London and was eligible through his grandparents.

15 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Hayes, Brown and possibly even big Andy will not be regular starters.  Their day has come and gone. Ferguson looks like he's being sold. 

So from your XI above, only ...Lewis, McCrorie, Gallagher, MacKenzie (maybe), and Hedges would be starters as it stands at this minute. We shouldn't forget Dean Campbell as well. 

It's not much of a 1st team squad, to be honest....

Then we can replace them with other players. Selling Ferguson to fund a rebuild would be a no brainer in that case.

8 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

No disrespect to St Mirren but I’d imagine he’ll be looking for a lower championship or higher league one side in England. On the Irish thing, he does have one senior cap and several youth caps but was born in London and was eligible through his grandparents.

Nah none taken, that's the market we live in...we did the exact same thing with Shaughnessy when St. Johnstone released him. Came straight in for him and he understandably wanted to keep his options open down south and it was a further year before he joined up.

10 minutes ago, Illgresi said:

If we can sell Ferguson for £4m or so, and bring in Allan Campbell as a replacement for a tuition fee of say £500k, that would be excellent business imo.

Sounds good.

Would be doing well to achieve this. McKenna not go for less? And he is a full international. Turnbull went for less and he’s a far better player. 
Maybe though as the money in the EPL is still crazy.

2 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Hayes, Brown and possibly even big Andy will not be regular starters.  Their day has come and gone. Ferguson looks like he's being sold. 

So from your XI above, only ...Lewis, McCrorie, Gallagher, MacKenzie (maybe), and Hedges would be starters as it stands at this minute. We shouldn't forget Dean Campbell as well. 

It's not much of a 1st team squad, to be honest....

I would expect Brown to be a first name on the teamsheet. I doubt he would have come here without assurances that he would get a lot of game time and Glass clearly rates him extremely highly. 

3 hours ago, lubo_blaha said:

Anderson, McGinn, Devlin and Ross have presumably been offered new deals then.

Is Anderson likely to play? I imagine you've offered a deal just to entitle you to compensation in case another club comes in

27 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

I must have watched a different Greg Leigh to other people on here. Really poor footballer. 

I thought he was ok in his first spell.

This season deary me. Bad bad bad.

Is Anderson likely to play? I imagine you've offered a deal just to entitle you to compensation in case another club comes in

There’s been talk that we’re keen to keep him as a back up. I would seriously doubt that anyone interested in him would be willing to pay a couple of hundred thousand compensation to sign him.

18 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

There’s been talk that we’re keen to keep him as a back up. I would seriously doubt that anyone interested in him would be willing to pay a couple of hundred thousand compensation to sign him.

I can say what I was going to say now that it's been leaked :D Apparently we've made an offer of JET for Anderson in lieu of the compensation you'd be due

I’m not sure if I’ve been watching a different player this season, but although Hoban has had some reasonable games I’ve always thought that he looks like a mistake waiting to happen. The most confident I’ve felt with him having the ball at his feet, was when he had his three or four runs up the right wing during the season. He looked great then. At times he looked slow and ponderous and some of his forward balls were worse than Ash Taylor. He was ok, but no more and can’t understand why so many fans thought he was a wonderful defender.

3 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

It is true.

Not anymore by the sound of it. It seems ridiculously complicated but now it would appear to depend on Chelsea and Villarreal for it to be guaranteed.

Link to the forum page on that guys site where it's discussed in painful detail.

https://kassiesa.net/uefa/forum2/viewtopic.php?t=5349&start=465

8 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

for what it's worth

Yeah had posted above saying the same. I'm not sure it's correct regarding a personal obligation with JET, as far as I understand it's a contract extension but has a £0 release fee to foreign clubs. The swap would be to nullify the compensation required for Anderson. Apparently we've tried to sign BA every summer since we've came up, so would make sense to finally get him here. Both clubs have a player the other side want and are probably fair in terms of value gained each way

3 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Yeah had posted above saying the same. I'm not sure it's correct regarding a personal obligation with JET, as far as I understand it's a contract extension but has a £0 release fee to foreign clubs. The swap would be to nullify the compensation required for Anderson. Apparently we've tried to sign BA every summer since we've came up, so would make sense to finally get him here. Both clubs have a player the other side want and are probably fair in terms of value gained each way

Ah sorry man had missed that post of yours and just seen the others.

Just now, Rodhull said:

Ah sorry man had missed that post of yours and just seen the others.

All good, mines was based on Livi twitter side of things so nice to see both sets of fans have picked up on it and seems like a genuine rumour/deal.