The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

2 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

What is Barry Robsons reputation like as a coach for you guys? He has been linked to us for the “head coach” role. I actually wouldn’t be too opposed to this, even if to me he seems like a bit of a dewr chap, but was just wondering if people who had experienced him coaching thought positively towards him?

I think he's a "good to have around the dressing room" type. Hard to say what he actually brings in terms of a professional standard of coaching, as it all comes from the top.

Sheerin would be the one to poach probably. He's the senior one, and took interim charge after McInnes was nudged.

3 hours ago, Illgresi said:

I think he's a "good to have around the dressing room" type. Hard to say what he actually brings in terms of a professional standard of coaching, as it all comes from the top.

Sheerin would be the one to poach probably. He's the senior one, and took interim charge after McInnes was nudged.

Yeah, Sheerin would be ahead of him on my list but was wondering how Robson was as I haven’t really heard much about him, coaching wise.

8 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Just remembered how JET had Aberdeen fans raging about his penalty in the cup :D 

7 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Just noticing Aberdeen are the new Motherwell, transfer policy of just signing Livi and ex-Livi players

He’s not even signed yet mate. 

2 hours ago, PB1994 said:

Yeah, Sheerin would be ahead of him on my list but was wondering how Robson was as I haven’t really heard much about him, coaching wise.

Robson coaches the U18s at AFC but I think is being marginalised and will be out the door when Brooner arrives as he’ll be coaching that team.

Can see both Robson and Sheerin departing.

7 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Not even a remote chance we'll finish third next season. Apathy already kicking in.

The announcements of JET and Robertson set to sign, Glass potentially keeping one of Kamberi or Hendry and now McGinn, Ross and Devlin all being offered new deals genuinely has me questioning if we'll finish top 6 next season.

Hibs fans rightfully laughing at us.

Calm down man. Enjoy the break, see who we sign and then have a meltdown. 

Guest Bob Mahelp

Taylor - despite his myriad of faults -has been decent this season. 

It seems weird that we'd let him (and Hoban) go for financial reasons, while keeping a guy who's barely kicked a ball in the last 2 years. 

10 hours ago, Rodhull said:

Have to admit that besides maybe Gallagher none of the recruitment stories so far are filling me with much confidence for next season.

It does seem a bit like the same old approach from Aberdeen - rounding up out of contract guys who have been good for their current clubs but not good enough for the Old Firm or down south. Don’t get me wrong, its a sound enough strategy, and one that’ll probably keep you the best of the rest or thereabouts, and I dearly wish United had the resources to go and sign a guy like Gallagher, but it’s exactly what McInnes did. I thought the new coach was supposed to have exciting, new ways of doing things? 

Edited by Junior_Arab

It does seem a bit like the same old approach from Aberdeen - rounding up out of contract guys who have been good for their current clubs but not good enough for the Old Firm or down south. Don’t get me wrong, its a sound enough strategy, and one that’ll probably keep you the best of the rest or thereabouts, and I dearly wish United had the resources to go and sign a guy like Gallagher, but it’s exactly what McInnes did. I thought the new coach was supposed to have exciting, new ways of doing things? 

So far they are obviously focusing on bringing in experience as a spine. JET has looked excellent the games I’ve seen him in. However if we really want to push on we need a top striker by Scottish standards alongside him

Houston Dynamo striker Christian Ramirez is one of our targets

Read yesterday that Jonny Russell is on 22k-a-week in Kansas City.

Presumably anyone of decent pedigree in the MLS is outwith our price range unless there is some creative financing............which given Atlanta’s current fringe player right-back isn’t outwith the realms of possibility.

3 hours ago, highland_mechanic said:

Houston Dynamo striker Christian Ramirez is one of our targets

Another thirty year old though...

EDIT: Looks to be on £9k a week which  ay well be in budget for a goal scorer.

Edited by Merkland Red

7 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Taylor - despite his myriad of faults -has been decent this season. 

It seems weird that we'd let him (and Hoban) go for financial reasons, while keeping a guy who's barely kicked a ball in the last 2 years. 

I get the feeling Hoban wants to try his luck down south again. I’d have liked to keep him, though he looked better as part of a three, rather than in the 4 we’ve had since DM left.

Guest Bob Mahelp
55 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Well he can score an open goal from 6 yards so he's better than what we had this season.

A rainy night in Dingwall getting booted from pillar to post will soon wipe that smile off his face.