The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

4 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

I’m not having The European Song badmouthed on this thread. Take your negativity elsewhere.

😄 My apologies. For what it's worth, I don't have an issue with the song itself, just it's inclusion in that video.

1 hour ago, AJF said:

Also whoever decided to use that music with that clip needs a word in their ear - totally ruins it.

If by ruin, you mean "makes you grin like a maniac while all the hair on the back of your neck stands up and it brings a tear to the eye" then i agree. 

My granny used to have the European Song on vinyl. 

You can’t deny it’s up there with the best of official football songs. In the same tier as the New Order USA 94 tune.

7 minutes ago, G51 said:

You can’t deny it’s up there with the best of official football songs. In the same tier as the New Order USA 94 tune.

I bought that because it was a new order record, unaware of its status and connections. I also quite liked the lightning Seeds, but by then i'd learned my lesson. 

1 hour ago, G51 said:

Am I being whooooooshed here!

New Orders'  World in Motion was for Italia 90.  Then in '94 Eng-er-land much like Scotland didn't bother with the Soccer World Cup in the Yoo-Ess-Ayyy! 

Did I not like that!

aDONis

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Two stars above the badge and a timeless anthem that clearly attract such bitter jealousy. Sad.

Haha, please don't misrepresent what I've said here like has happened before 😄 The song itself is fine, I just questioned it's use in that video rather than keeping it simple with the original audio. It was personal preference more than anything.

34 minutes ago, AJF said:

Haha, please don't misrepresent what I've said here like has happened before 😄 The song itself is fine, I just questioned it's use in that video rather than keeping it simple with the original audio. It was personal preference more than anything.

That is fair, but you also list Rangers as a personal preference so I know where I'll be filing it.

6 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Anyone trying to sully Gothenburg day should suffer a painful demise.

Happy anniversary one and all.

Hear hear - yours completely trying to forget the experience of 30 years ago today !

42 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

Hear hear - yours completely trying to forget the experience of 30 years ago today !

If we had the power to re-write history , would any Dons fan want to swap the outcomes of the two 11th  of May games ?

Winning the title at Ibrox could probably never be topped on the domestic front.

But , for me , the European trophy trumps the Premier League title.....even clinching it in a decider at Ibrox.

1 hour ago, A96 said:

If we had the power to re-write history , would any Dons fan want to swap the outcomes of the two 11th  of May games ?

Not even close.  Even though the latter (possibly even Dougie Arnott's third the previous week) was a sliding doors moment that led to 30 years of mainly misery................the former just sets us so far apart. 

Edited by tarapoa

1 hour ago, scottorae said:

Free, ex Celt and Scotland international, played with Brown. Can see it a mile off. Hope I’m wrong

I was thinking it a few weeks back. Surely not if we get Robertson though