The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

2 hours ago, tarapoa said:

I saw Docherty, whole family dog et al, walking along The Platties in Banchory last summer (round about the start of the season) - so presumed he did live locally.

We were having a meal in a restaurant in Broughty Ferry on a Saturday night after a home defeat by St Johnstone, when Tony Docherty and his family came in. I presumed that they lived in that area.

3 hours ago, coprolite said:

What are we looking for in a striker? 

I reckon we'll be able to tell a lot about what variety of fast attacking football we're going to get from said striker's attributes. In much the same way as you could read how last season would go from us signing Curtis Main. 

Obviously commuting distance is key, but what else? 

A thumbhead, gambling issues and a weekend commuter down to Leith .

Edited by Bogbrush1903

4 hours ago, coprolite said:

What are we looking for in a striker? 

Obviously commuting distance is key, but what else? 

A player who lives out of a campervan alternating  between the respective carparks at  Pittodrie and Cormack Park , depending on which is the next day's workplace.

And his mother must have been artificially inseminated with the defrosted sperm of Joseph Montgomery Harper,  Steve Archibald , Mark McGhee , Eric Black , Eoin Jess, Hans Gillhaus , Duncan Shearer and Adam Rooney.

Guest Bob Mahelp

Happy Gothenburg day to my fellow Dandies. In fact, to all supporters of all clubs who haven't won 2 European trophies...

In celebration of Peter Weir and Aberdeen's aces of 1983

4 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

It saddens me a little that we will likely never see scenes like this involving Scottish sides ever again. Celtic and Rangers came close more recently but now the notion of a European final seems lightyears away.

Also whoever decided to use that music with that clip needs a word in their ear - totally ruins it.

2 minutes ago, AJF said:

It saddens me a little that we will likely never see scenes like this involving Scottish sides ever again. Celtic and Rangers came close more recently but now the notion of a European final seems lightyears away.

Also whoever decided to use that music with that clip needs a word in their ear - totally ruins it.

You do know that that tune was the record they released at the time? (I have it somewhere at my folks' house)

12 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

You do know that that tune was the record they released at the time? (I have it somewhere at my folks' house)

I appreciate that, I just think playing it over the footage made it all a bit... cheesy? My personal opinion of course, but I much prefer these clips just playing the original audio or if they are intent on playing music, make it something a bit atmospheric.

10 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

It was cheesy yes, but perfectly apt.

I'd prefer the original audio too, but what are you thinking? Some thumping bass booshdy-booshdy music? Or Adagio For Strings?

Haha, Adagio For Strings could be a contender, or maybe Poppiholla by Chicane 😂. But personally, I’d go for some type of symphony performed by an orchestra if music has to be included. Something along the lines of this: