The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

1 hour ago, d31 said:

I dont actually really care about the stadium location.

I care about having the best stadium, with the best experience and the best atmosphere

Location Location Location

Part of the football experience can be that inner city vibe................we're not Americans, who prefer vast soulless arenas off motorways miles out of town.

As for the expansion of Aberdeen out towards Kingsford - it is very much happening, but leaving a vacuum in the centre........

location is hugely important. If it absolutely has to be kingsford then it would need to be made very easy to get out there, otherwise people will just find other things to do with their Saturday. 

We’re not Bayern Munich, we have a predominantly local fan base that wants to take in the football along with a few pints of a Saturday afternoon. Adding in a commute to watch something that 99% of them seem to despise anyway will just put people off. 

20 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

I think this has been done before, and it wasn't me, I'm 68

20 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

I could mention things from the 1950s, but they wouldn't be football related (at least not personally experienced, just told/read about.)

@Wee Willie  certainly is, but he doesn't post much (anything) about football. And there's a couple of others, can't mind their names. @Granny Danger is about our age but of course he's not a Dons' fan.

You're a lot older than I am then...:whistle

I'm 78 years auld and got my first AstraZeneca jag two days ago.

I can categorically state that I've never been to a professional football match in my entire life.

I watch football on the telly.

My favourite was last year (and occasionally now)  German Bundesliga on BT Sport.

but I enjoy watching Championship fitba on BBC Scotland on a Friday night.

1 hour ago, Wee Willie said:

I'm 78 years auld and got my first AstraZeneca jag two days ago.

I can categorically state that I've never been to a professional football match in my entire life.

I watch football on the telly.

My favourite was last year (and occasionally now)  German Bundesliga on BT Sport.

but I enjoy watching Championship fitba on BBC Scotland on a Friday night.

I enjoy them too, but I don't always remember that they're on.

14 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

If its anything like Saints and McDiarmid, you could find Kingsford is fairly "central" eventually.

There's a new village been constructed just across the bypass from McDiarmid, with a connecting bridge, while you can now get directly out the stadium car park and onto the motorway both ways. 10 minute bus journey from town to the stadium, with it costing just pounds on a Saturday.

Kingsford stadium could end up absolutely surrounded by houses/pubs etc., in the 10/15 years after it's built.

Pittodrie is a fucking dump.

Driving to football is not good in any sense.

17 minutes ago, Irrational Behaviour said:

Get the impression we won't see him. I would have thought the club would have announced something to say he was here. Furthermore, show photos of him in training. Pretty sure we'll be paying a % of his wage as well since Monday 1st. 

There was an article yesterday saying he still hadn't arrived but they were still hopeful he'd be available for the weekend.

Would think it's cutting it a bit tight now though.

16 hours ago, tarapoa said:

Especially as the council seem to be grovelling with them to consider the Bouleydome option.....................which just about every dandy I know would gladly welcome ahead of Kingsford.

Yup whole matchday routine virtually unchanged,many fans make the match the central point of a whole day out.

5 hours ago, CCB19035 said:

Next time I want the fan of an irrelevant tinpot club to have an opinion on one of the most historical stadiums in Britain, I'll give you a shout.

Pittodrie is a fucking dump and you know it. It's no different to Cappielow/Somerset in that it's an absolute shitehole with no facilities or redeeming features, other than the fact its old.

You'll never really move forward while you remain there.

2 hours ago, HibsFan said:

Driving to football is not good in any sense.

Of course not, but then again, the vast majority of fans at a game aren't going to the pub beforehand, so as long as you have easy, reliable, public transport/road links, its fine.

The ~1000 folk who want to pub it up, and refuse to use the facilities at the stadium to do so, aren't especially relevant when a stadium is going to be earning you millions away from actual football, as presumably Kingsford will be used for functions etc., during the week.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Pittodrie is a fucking dump and you know it. It's no different to Cappielow/Somerset in that it's an absolute shitehole with no facilities or redeeming features, other than the fact its old.

You'll never really move forward while you remain there.

You've just compared two of the best grounds in Scotland to Pittodrie. 

3 minutes ago, Irrational Behaviour said:

You've just compared two of the best grounds in Scotland to Pittodrie. 

They're shit.

They're fine for wee day trips and "ooh look at this old fashioned stadium #AMF", but to actually use them week in, week out would be abysmal, never mind getting charged £20 to sit in 50 year old seats with no legroom and pish against a wall.

Folk wonder why kids prefer to sit at home and watch EPL games while simultaneously wanting us to keep using fucking dumps as grounds. Wild.