The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Just now, Mr. Alli said:

Can we all just take a moment here, step back, think about things for a moment then can I have someone please explain how in the fucking name of christ Derek McInnes is earning £17k a week?! 

Not sure if that's the true figure but he's on a mental salary.

He kept the fans off of Stewart Milne's back.

17 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Can we all just take a moment here, step back, think about things for a moment then can I have someone please explain how in the fucking name of christ Derek McInnes is earning £17k a week?! 

A board member told me that we had to match Sunderland's offer to get him to stay with us, and that offer was £17.5K pw. The only reason he didn't become Rangers manager is because they refused to match that wage. 

In all seriousness.
In a season were Celtic have blown 10 in a row are playing as bad as they have in 10 years, have a manager who has lost the plot and have shat the bed like it's never been shat before Aberdeen should be finishing 2nd.  instead they'll be releived that Livingston got beat today. And they aren't (yet) staring down the barrel of finishing 5th (yet).
McInnes should be doing better.
I see I’ve reached the ‘nodding sagely and agreeing with Romeo’ stage of the pandemic 
Take me, COVID 
I've agreed with both Romeo and Ewan Murray in one day. These truly are extraordinary times.

Guest Bob Mahelp

There's no doubt that McInnes has been pretty cursed all season.....the 3 players that made us play, Watkins, Hedges and Wright....have had season ending injuries or we've had to sell them .

It seems that for the last month, there isn't a game gone by where we haven't had a player injured in the first 10 minutes and we've had to change things up. 

But, that's the way it goes. The longer a manager is at a club, the more difficult it is to keep on re-inventing the wheel, and the shorter the tolerance of the supporters. 

Eventually, it all becomes an ever-decreasing circle and there's no way out. Other than a change of manager. 

That's where we are just now, sadly. We may limp into 4th place still, but the die has been cast. We just have to use the next few months to see who will be interested in the job. 

As awful as the attacking play has been to watch, i'm almost more surprised at all the sloppy goals we've given away. McInnes's teams have always had great focus and rarely offered gifts so were always very consistent and hard to beat. This run of games has seen as throwing daft goals away nearly every game. No idea what changed mid season, but where the back 3 once looked solid as a rock, it now looks more like the awful 3 at the back experiments of many pre-Mcinnes years

If Aberdeen had won even one Scottish Cup under McInnes then I doubt the pressure would be as much as it is.

But they didn't. They were unlucky in the 2017 final but aside from that shat it when they got to the semi finals.

2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

If Aberdeen had won even one Scottish Cup under McInnes then I doubt the pressure would be as much as it is.

But they didn't. They were unlucky in the 2017 final but aside from that shat it when they got to the semi finals.

Winning a Scottish Cup isn't easy ya p***k. I'm calling you a p***k for Dundee FC related reasons.

13 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Winning a Scottish Cup isn't easy ya p***k. I'm calling you a p***k for Dundee FC related reasons.

Aye you were unlucky in your last final.

Was it not that wee c**t Novo who scored? Little rat.

2 hours ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

He hasn't even won the BIG cup.

They would be better binning him and geting someone with the pedigree of winning a real trophy like Tommy Wright.

Yeah, let’s win the big one and be muddling between top and bottom six. Whoop dee f*ck*ng doo.

This situation reminds me a bit of mid 90s Hibs.

A long serving manager playing football seen as boring (Miller) left to be replaced by the latest hot managerial talent (Duffy) who got Hibs relegated.

All managers have a shelf life I suppose. I just wonder who would improve Aberdeen right now.

As awful as the attacking play has been to watch, i'm almost more surprised at all the sloppy goals we've given away. McInnes's teams have always had great focus and rarely offered gifts so were always very consistent and hard to beat. This run of games has seen as throwing daft goals away nearly every game. No idea what changed mid season, but where the back 3 once looked solid as a rock, it now looks more like the awful 3 at the back experiments of many pre-Mcinnes years

This 100%.

The whole ‘entertaining football’ thing is nice - but nothing is more fun for your team than winning - and if that means having the ability to $hitfest and close out a game then I’m fine with that.

I’m maybe a bit messed up in that I hate losing goals more than I enjoy us scoring - and this goes back to my Skovdahl, Paterson, McGhee era trauma and my fear we could easily going back to that woefully soft centre. Saying that I’m now forgetting what us scoring feels like, and just expecting not to.

McInnes I think needs to get back to basics with a back four - get some minutes into McGeouch and the new strikers - and start getting a tune out of others who are out of touch right now.

He did have us playing bonnie stuff earlier in the season, and circumstances seem to have conspired somewhat horribly against him there with the demise of the Watkins-Wright-Hedges triumvirate, which was backed up by a formation that suited the players at the time.

Would still rather persist and see where we are in the summer with regards to changing things.

4 hours ago, Kyle said:

£17,500 per week. Wow. How long is left on his contract? Paying off that contract to get rid of him will be painful. 

You know for certain that is the actual amount that he is paid? Is that his basic wage? Are there bonuses to be paid on top of that? How much of that is taxed? 

Shouts for Wright, Robinson, Goodwin and the likes just make me laugh.

If we're gong to change then for fuvk sake let's think outside the box please.

We need someone to come in that will not fear the arse cheeks and play as if we're beaten from the start.

Who fits the bill ?

No idea to be honest but then that is the job of the board not the fans