The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Guest Bob Mahelp
5 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

GMS on his way home then 

Deek loves re-signing folk 

The whole Hibs defence breaks out in a cold sweat. 

Efe Ambrose wakes up in the middle of the night screaming. 

5 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

McGinn

Hayes

Greg Stewart

Dom Ball

Ash Taylor 

Just off the top of my head 

Greg Stewart is available again in the summer... 

Greg Leigh for your list. Arneson was re-signed for the club by McInnes but i don't think he played under him first time he was here. 

I'd be happy enough if GMS came back but it wouldn't make me aroused. 

14 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Greg Stewart is available again in the summer... 

Greg Leigh for your list. Arneson was re-signed for the club by McInnes but i don't think he played under him first time he was here. 

I'd be happy enough if GMS came back but it wouldn't make me aroused. 

Can't see how he fits the system.

We could try him behind the front man but we'd then be relying on him giving someone else a shot of the ball.

1 minute ago, Merkland Red said:

Can't see how he fits the system.

We could try him behind the front man but we'd then be relying on him giving someone else a shot of the ball.

I hope you're talking abour GMS and not Stewart. I could see him coming on for Hedges/Wright/McLennan, whether to try something different or as cover. I can't see that he'd walk into the starting 11.

35 minutes ago, coprolite said:

I hope you're talking abour GMS and not Stewart. I could see him coming on for Hedges/Wright/McLennan, whether to try something different or as cover. I can't see that he'd walk into the starting 11.

Aye for the latter.

In other news

https://twitter.com/AberdeenFC/status/1341746318734192647?s=19

1 minute ago, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

Apologies if this has been answered before, but what is going on with Hernandez. Doesn't even seem to make the bench half the time.

The most convincing rumour so far  is we signed him for Atlanta while they freed up space in their foreign player quota. 

7 minutes ago, coprolite said:

The most convincing rumour so far  is we signed him for Atlanta while they freed up space in their foreign player quota. 

As long as they cover the transfer fee and wages I don't see it being a big deal tbh.

19 minutes ago, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

Apologies if this has been answered before, but what is going on with Hernandez. Doesn't even seem to make the bench half the time.

He has looked very poor every time I've watched him although that is very limited appearances.

I wonder if the board signed him than the manager as he isn't your typical Derek McInnes signing. 

Edited by betting competition

27 minutes ago, Illgresi said:

As long as they cover the transfer fee and wages I don't see it being a big deal tbh.

The things that make me think this could be right are:

When he signed we were told that it was possible because of the link up with Atlanta and their scouting

""It shows you where we are with our collaboration with Atlanta at the minute," McInnes said. "Once we were speaking with their recruitment team it was a player who they were aware of and had flagged up on their system.

"Jointly we got to know him a bit better. Atlanta have several Venezuelan players and contacts and that allowed us to make inroads into the possibility of bringing him to Aberdeen." 

Also McInnes recent comments about being confident of recouping the investment

"  I think we have to be fair to the boy, and if there is an opportunity, and we think there will be, to recoup the money invested then that money will come back."

McInnes isn't dumb enough to think he's worth £800k on the market, so there's clearly something else. 

Maybe there were options in there, and had he turned out to be a superstar Atlanta would still be giving us £800k and not a penny more.  I don't know. 

I agree, if we haven't lost out, then there's no issue.

I'd go further though, if we can access players we otherwise couldn't with innovative deal structures, why not give it a shot.  If one in three works out that would be grand.