The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

1 hour ago, Illgresi said:

I don't get the impression from Cormack etc that they are the types to shy away from a bit of the old "speculate to accumulate". At least they're not nearly as reticent to do so as Milne. I would think they have a very good idea of what the compensation would be, and will have already made a decision whether or not to offer the lad a contract. Whether he accepts it is an entirely different matter!

I would think we'll be looking at Gallagher, but again, he'll likely have offers south of the border.

Campbell to Stoke

Gallagher to Norwich

On 11/12/2020 at 14:49, snafu10 said:

2 of the last 3 days have been huge spikes in cases. They're normally explained a few days later as an outbreak in care homes or factories but I think Aberdeen will be moved up to tier 3 regardless because the case rate will be far too high. 

Funny how it works eh? 

You and Cormack feeling a bit daft this week. perhaps leave medical decisions to the experts that Scot Gov consult eh? 

52 minutes ago, Raidernation said:

Ok, Derek, League Cup

Rossco beat sellik
St. Mirren beat sevco

Yet we struggle to lay a glove on either of the infirm time after time.......

I f ucking hope to hell you study those games!

We beat Rangers twice in cups in 2018/2019 season last time we played them.

Last time there was no Rangers or Celtic in a semi final was the league cup 2014.

Edited by betting competition

10 hours ago, Raidernation said:

Ok, Derek, League Cup

Rossco beat sellik
St. Mirren beat sevco

If your immediate reaction to St Mirren beating Rangers is to slate Mcinnes, you've probably reached a bad place with the man.

I must say, St Mirren beating the **** last night makes me feel a little better about our latest  results v them. We were unlucky to come  up against a team just finding form when we had so many players out. I think the perception of St Mirren now is much more favourable than when we played them in the cup. 

The flip side is obviously, I am FURIOUS that hibs now find themselves in the semi final of an OF-less cup, something that weve just not had in the last few seasons. Even when we beat the **** (which we did twice in one season, both in glasgow, lest we forget) we end up having to play Celtic. Envy isnt a good look on me. 

4 minutes ago, RussellAnderson said:

I must say, St Mirren beating the **** last night makes me feel a little better about our latest  results v them. We were unlucky to come  up against a team just finding form when we had so many players out. I think the perception of St Mirren now is much more favourable than when we played them in the cup. 

The flip side is obviously, I am FURIOUS that hibs now find themselves in the semi final of an OF-less cup, something that weve just not had in the last few seasons. Even when we beat the **** (which we did twice in one season, both in glasgow, lest we forget) we end up having to play Celtic. Envy isnt a good look on me. 

It's Hibs, Russell. They're not going to win it.

10 hours ago, Raidernation said:

Ok, Derek, League Cup

Rossco beat sellik
St. Mirren beat sevco

Do you know which manager is the last to mastermind a victory over the form team in Scotland?

Seeing a few parallels with Jack Ross and McInnes when he first came to us. 

Ross had the makings of a decent squad left by Heckingbottom but made a few tweaks, most notably adding McGinn, Gogic and Nisbet.

McInnes was left a pretty decent squad by Brown but added a few good players like Logan, Robson, Flood and Rooney to help us win the cup that year.

Jack Ross, in his first full season now finds himself in an OF-less Cup and the clear favourite (like McInnes did). Funnily enough, he also faces St Johnstone in the semi final!

We have been desperately unlucky in a few of the cups and some where we've let ourselves down. Will be interesting to see if Ross can get over the line with this one but I don't think it a foregone conclusion that they'll make the final, nevermind win it.