The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

9 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

Aye. A couple of those defeats the team were clapped off.

Was telling the *** at work that you can't beat the old firm if you don't take your half chances. We did in the 3-3. Didn't at Hampden or Ibrox.

Just to piss you off more with my optimism, in the 3-3 we actually missed 2 or 3 decent chances at 2-1 up to kill the game.

I was actually gutted not to win, which is a mark of how far we've come.

13 hours ago, AFCDannyFTH said:

Jason Naismith released by Peterborough. Frustrating that we missed out on him and now have a £900k turkey of a right-back barely making our squad. 

He was decent on loan for us last year, took a while to get going but very good engine and does everything quite well. Would probably be a good signing for anyone except the OF up here 

6 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

He was decent on loan for us last year, took a while to get going but very good engine and does everything quite well. Would probably be a good signing for anyone except the OF up here 

Depends on our plans really. If 3-4-3 is the predominant formation for the rest of the season then it's a waste of time. If we're reverting to 4-2-3-1 then we probably need a RB.

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Just to piss you off more with my optimism, in the 3-3 we actually missed 2 or 3 decent chances at 2-1 up to kill the game.

I was actually gutted not to win, which is a mark of how far we've come.

Yeah that is fair enough. I'm just generalising though. If you don't take the half chances when they arrive then they usually kill the game.

Three years out of date now - but the relentless seething anti-McInnes types on social media would appear to have these expectations of how we should be 'punching'.

image.png.02bef10b132e4b34187ec8d993362783.png

ps  we finished second this season

Edited by tarapoa

Sad to hear about Willie Young and his diagnosis with Alzheimer's. I'm too young to remember him playing at Aberdeen but recall his Arsenal and Forest spells. My dad raved about him at Aberdeen.

What a fucking shite disease, diagnosed last year apparently.

2 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Hahahaha. Agreed.

In all seriousness, it's quite poor from the SG if the communication is as bad as he's making out.

I just always get the overriding feeling that he's playing to the gallery a bit and find it a little disingenuous.

53 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

In all seriousness, it's quite poor from the SG if the communication is as bad as he's making out.

I just always get the overriding feeling that he's playing to the gallery a bit and find it a little disingenuous.

15 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

I don’t agree with the SG’s decisions on Football, it has been too harsh 

But the Club need to give it a fucking rest tbh 

They’re not going to change their minds because we keep moaning on Twitter, looking all a bit tedious now 

It's almost as if Douglas Ross doesn't have a clue!

Yeah, I don't disagree with the substance of much of what Cormack has been saying for the last few months, but he clearly has an ego the size of Jupiter (mind you, this isn't exactly uncommon among very rich people involved in professional sport). 

Yeah, I don't disagree with the substance of much of what Cormack has been saying for the last few months, but he clearly has an ego the size of Jupiter (mind you, this isn't exactly uncommon among very rich people involved in professional sport). 
I was coming into comment but this nailed my thoughts. Cheers@drewdon

I'm with Cormack here (even if he does love the sound of his own voice). I'd like to see the science that the government is using that is so different to the evidence down south.

Like so much of the Scottish government's rule on fighting the pandemic, it doesn't seem to make much sense. 

On 09/12/2020 at 13:12, Merkland Red said:

Hahahaha. Agreed.

Edit: Doesn't appear to have gone down well with anyone who has a functioning brain.

Sadly, twitters and facebook full of folk who think the world begins and ends with fitba. Apparently calling Cormack out on this shite makes us pitiful, and a disgrace. To be fair also though, as you say those with a brain are not letting the club off lightly. 

On 09/12/2020 at 13:16, Dons_1988 said:

They have a JRG, no other industry has that, he is without doubt rabble rousing, hoping fans will get up their pitchforks, and they've sure rallied to the cause.  All that'll do of course is be counterproductive. 

4 hours ago, Suspect Device said:

I'm with Cormack here (even if he does love the sound of his own voice). I'd like to see the science that the government is using that is so different to the evidence down south.

Like so much of the Scottish government's rule on fighting the pandemic, it doesn't seem to make much sense. 

It's not, we just don't have a clown in charge, we have serious people, making better decisions.

Look, there's a reason they site England, because most countries who were allowing fans back are now reversing that decision, they're just picking the worst case. Would you like the entire pandemic response to be run like Brazil's? 

It's also completely disingenuous, England are only allowing back in certain tiers, Scotland also allowing back at specific levels, so really we are doing the same. What Cormack should be doing, is banging Lumsden & Laing's heids igither, and telling them to start working in their pandemic response, instead of bleating that things are a bit hard for them.