The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

6 hours ago, d31 said:

It's still disappointing.

It's only this last week it's dawned on me that there will be no away fans this season and probably no pay at the gate fans this season.

I was being probably blindly optimistic. 

Even as a season ticket holder I am now starting to realise I could be looking at five or less games for this season.

You’re right of course. In my mind we would get back into the ground in the new year, but I’m not even sure that that will happen, and even if we do it’s going to cost the club a fair bit of cash to let any crowd in of less than 9,000 with no pay at gate. 

9 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

It’s a worry for next season

The usual punters were happy to fork out for season tickets across the majority of clubs in Scotland this season which should be enough to keep us all afloat 

Can’t see nearly as many people being that generous next season if things still persists 

I know the challenges of getting people to and from stadiums but Aberdeen have the facilities for thousands of people to socially distance in the stands and in corporate 

And also I’ve been thinking about the lower leagues - surely to f**k they will let the likes of Forfar, Elgin etc get 500 fans in?

Their stadiums can accommodate many times that 

It’s a worry for this season, never mind next season. If no crowds continues after the new year, it must be a certainty some clubs are in trouble, 1 of which is Aberdeen.

18 minutes ago, big al said:

It’s a worry for this season, never mind next season. If no crowds continues after the new year, it must be a certainty some clubs are in trouble, 1 of which is Aberdeen.

Our current assumption is no fans for 2020. That's in the scenario quoted that we need £3.8M to balance the books.

Not selling a player and the covid problems continuing in 2021 is savage

2 hours ago, d31 said:

Our current assumption is no fans for 2020. That's in the scenario quoted that we need £3.8M to balance the books.

Not selling a player and the covid problems continuing in 2021 is savage

That 3.8m will be covered by selling your players on the cheap. Pretty hilarious. 

10 hours ago, big al said:

Still think Cosgrove may be sold.

Edmundson coming back and Watkins in as well, surplus of strikers 

I certainly think for him to turn down the France move and life changing money he had to have something else lined up for this summer. Any chat about not wanting to move to France is a heap of shite.

I wonder if his injury has put a kibosh to that or not. He'll need to start and score against St Mirren to have a chance of going on deadline day, Monday 5th.

I just have a wee suspicion it was Stoke City and I doubt that particular one is a go-er now. 

3 minutes ago, d31 said:

I'd guess it would have been life changing money. I'd assume he'd have 3, 4, 5 times his salary if/when he becomes a £2M striker.

It's a short career.

I'm not really sure why how much money he hypothetically could make can possibly make you 100% sure that he is talking shite when he says he doesn't want to move to France. 

For clarity, I could be offered 4 times my salary and I wouldn't move to some foreign countries. I could be offered quadruple my wage and I wouldn't move to fucking London. 

Bit of an odd comparison from the club. Presumably the Cormack Park contract is a set amount, for a set number of meals per day, with the quality varying dependent on the value of the contract.

The Pittodrie contract will be whatever the minimum standard of food they can sell, for the maximum price, before the punter get too disgruntled. That said, they will likely provide the food for hospitality at a fixed head count.

I've always maintained that they should invite local restaurants in to set up stalls for the punters. Plenty of places I used to work would be keen to get a bit of that action, and the food would be immeasurably better in quality (albeit more pricey).