The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

9 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

By the sounds of the Cormack interview, they have no intention of doing that..."We all make mistakes" was the general tone, missing out completely the unprofessional aspect and disregard for the club and supporters they've displayed. In fact, Cormack saluted them for deferring their wages again.

Not sure that's the case.

He clearly knows the initial reaction from the support is to burn them at the stake, so he was asking supporters to reign it in whilst the investigation is ongoing and let them focus on tomorrow's match.

As was mentioned above, there is no doubt he's absolutely raging about this.

35 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

So that's the game off then.

It was the only reasonable course medically and for competitive advantage. Surely Hamilton and Celtic will follow now in postponement. You cannot have these three teams benefiting at the expense of the other teams in the league that have to play us with a full compliment.

Edited by Bogbrush1903

48 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Not sure that's the case.

He clearly knows the initial reaction from the support is to burn them at the stake, so he was asking supporters to reign it in whilst the investigation is ongoing and let them focus on tomorrow's match.

As was mentioned above, there is no doubt he's absolutely raging about this.

It'll be interesting to see if this changes his approach. He speaks very passionately about the club but he'll know as well as anybody that business decisions require an emotional detachment. There's no doubt the players and, I believe, the management team have let him down badly here.

Even the 80 year old club ambassador was in the boozer for ten minutes after the game.

Edited by Bogbrush1903

1 minute ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

It'll be interesting to see if this changes his approach. He speaks very passionately about the club but he'll know as well as anybody that business decisions require an emotional detachment. There's no doubt the players and, I believe, the management team have let him down badly here.

So you genuinely believe the management team told them it would be fine?

2 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

AFC getting roasted by the First Minister at the COVID briefing.

Box office 8)

I wouldnt be bragging when you've potentially shafted football in this Country.

There's talk they'll enforce another shutdown in terms of games, nationwide.

9 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

So you genuinely believe the management team told them it would be fine?

I believe the management team were aware that players were going out. If they weren't then they should have been because this ain't normal circumstances when you're supposed to be in a bubble...

After years of complaining that they haven't had enough rest or competitive match fitness before the Euro games start, the one season they get it, they go and ruin it.

Now we go into the Euro games with no match fitness (and we looked unfit against Sevco and they still went out afterwards) because we made an arse of it.

So spare me the McInnes happy clapping please.

Edited by Bogbrush1903

1 minute ago, paranoid android said:

I can't help but think that this must somehow be Anne Budge's fault. 

Mind when Hearts fans were claiming we could play 8 games in 27 days?

With the game being called off due to a request by the government i'm not sure points could be given to St.Johnstone.
Not to say Aberdeen won't get some kind of punishment.

It clearly is a postponement of the fixture so Saints will just need to suck it up.

14 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

I believe the management team were aware that players were going out. If they weren't then they should have been because this ain't normal circumstances when you're supposed to be in a bubble...

After years of complaining that they haven't had enough rest or competitive match fitness before the Euro games start, the one season they get it, they go and ruin it.

Now we go into the Euro games with no match fitness (and we looked unfit against Sevco and they still went out afterwards) because we made an arse of it.

So spare me the McInnes happy clapping please.

You wanting them to go door to door making sure the players are home?