The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

1 hour ago, anotherchance said:

I actually think he’s ok-ish getting the ball into feet, and has the potential to improve his all round game. It sounds very wanky but it’s good to have a “project” although we do need another striker regardless.

Wilson is the exact style of striker we need I think. Would hope his replacement would have a bit more interest in applying himself.

A James Wilson willing to apply himself would be nowhere near Pittodrie, unfortunately.

A James Wilson willing to apply himself would be nowhere near Pittodrie, unfortunately.

There’s word that Mcinnes still wants him next season.

The guy is already rich beyond his wildest dreams, so has no real hunger for the battle - and is very ‘me me me’ in how he plays.

Despite that, a certain management or playing style maybe gets a tune out of him - but suspect in the mould of Stewart, file under ‘not suited for AFC under McInnes’.

I feel for Wilson. He really looks like he hates playing football these days, and it's dismal when you dread going into work. On top of that, he's got thousands of Aiberdeen Das berating him for not trying hard enough. It's  obvious he needs to go somewhere with no pressure and just fall in love with the game again. Maybe he thought Aberdeen would be that place, but I think you'll struggle to find somewhere to relax in football. 

Scored a belter against Accies and a tidy goal against Motherwell earlier in the season but other than that I don’t think there is much to justify why we’d want to keep him on.

We’re not as good without Rooney even if people won’t admit it.

1 hour ago, Frank Grimes said:

Tbf, he’s earned the wrath he’s getting from the stands 

We are apparently paying an outrageous amount towards his £40,000 per week wages 

Thought I read 30,000, but even if so it doesn’t affect your point.

36 minutes ago, AR851903 said:

We’re not as good without Rooney even if people won’t admit it.

We're not as good without the version of Rooney we had from 2014-2016 (2017 at a push).

I think we cut him loose at the right time.

ps  nothing to do with the argument, but his penalty in Salford's play-off shootout on Sunday was a shocker - and I think he'll miss the Wembley final as a consequence.

https://twitter.com/btsportfootball/status/1125086303660408834

Edited by tarapoa

9 minutes ago, gannonball said:

I see Kenny Mclean has been enjoying himself at Norwich

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/kenny-mclean-toasts-norwich-city-15004548

I usually think anybody over the age of 18 who drinks mad dog is a wrong’n but found this quite amusing.

So the vast majority of Glaswegians then? 

2 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

So the vast majority of Glaswegians then? 

I said it in the semi final thread but I parked on the Celtic side of Hampden that day and had to walk through the Celtic fans to the game.

The discarded booze along the road to Hampden said a lot about Celtic as a general support.

2 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

Tbf, he’s earned the wrath he’s getting from the stands 

We are apparently paying an outrageous amount towards his £40,000 per week wages 

Depends what you class as outrageous. It's not going to be anything over £5k though.

8 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Depends what you class as outrageous. It's not going to be anything over £5k though.

Have heard plenty stories but not too hard to believe loan fee + contribution adds to more than £5k. 

One version I heard was that it was a flat fee (around £300k) at start of season and that was reason we didnt put him back in January.

2 minutes ago, d31 said:

Have heard plenty stories but not too hard to believe loan fee + contribution adds to more than £5k. 

One version I heard was that it was a flat fee (around £300k) at start of season and that was reason we didnt put him back in January.

Frank is talking about the wage.

I'm far more inclined to believe the flat fee story.