The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Worth noting this has come days after another loan hit Rangers, all but confirming they have absolutely no money in the bank.

Yip. This in spades.
Call their bluff. They have no money. Another soft loan required from a gullible *** twat.
Least the Dons are fighting their corner.

Whats the deal with this? Can Aberdeen flat out stonewall them or can they force the issue by meeting compensation o contract rekease clauses? is there a standard procedure ?

Depends. If he has a release clause in his contract you can't stop him if Rangers match it. No clause and you can ask what you want unless he resigns.

I'd be squeezing every fucking penny possible from the fuckers. Bleed them dry and hand them an absolute shitebag as a manager. Win win.

Whats the deal with this? Can Aberdeen flat out stonewall them or can they force the issue by meeting compensation o contract rekease clauses? is there a standard procedure ?

I freely admit I don’t 100% know but it does seem they have to meet the contracts valuation. Which is good.
Anyway, sevco have used all their pals in the Scottish media to unsettle AFC for weeks so let’s hope the Dons give a bit back.
Call their bluff and see how determined they are to get another loan.
F**k them

Source says that they asked for permission to speak to McInnes but AFC not allowing any talks without compensation being agreed prior, and the belief is that Rangers cannot afford the compensation. Source says that the only way the move will happen is if DM resigns, but also says DM is genuinely upset at the events of the past couple of weeks and cannot see it happening. 

3 minutes ago, EdTheDuck said:

I'm not so sure. He could resign on a matter of principle, because Aberdeen refused to let him talk to Rangers.

That’s nonsense. If that was the case, in your scenario all Derek McInnes has to do now is resign and Rangers get him for free! Ah dinna think so!

5 minutes ago, Kneetrembler said:

Aye but he is under contract. He can't just walk away from it.

You could be right. He could resign if he was making a dog's dinner of the job but as Aberdeen have been approached by the *** they (AFC) just need to continue meeting their contractual obligations and McInnes is boxed in, even if we have to put him on gardening leave.

11 minutes ago, EdTheDuck said:

I'm not so sure. He could resign on a matter of principle, because Aberdeen refused to let him talk to Rangers.

He's under contract.  Unless letting him talk to other clubs is part of that contract, it's not a matter of principle, it would just be him being a mercenary.   
If he resigns, by mutual consent, that would be different. But if he resigns to take the sevco job, I beliee AFC could sue for the remainder of his outstanding contract.

2 minutes ago, akredz said:

He's under contract.  Unless letting him talk to other clubs is part of that contract, it's not a matter of principle, it would just be him being a mercenary.   
If he resigns, by mutual consent, that would be different. But if he resigns to take the sevco job, I beliee AFC could sue for the remainder of his outstanding contract.

Aye, I conceded the point earlier.