The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Not entering administration doesn't make him a good chairman. Just because other clubs have been mismanaged more than our own doesn't mean Milne has been a success. In fact, our debt increased dramatically under Milne and was only cleared because of a kind act by the Donalds. We're posting good financial results now partly because of the lack of debt repayments which were around 500k per year I believe.
Milne has spent 17 years attempting to deliver a new stadium and training ground and has utterly failed. The deliberate neglect of our current ground is evident to see and our first team players get a minibus out to hired facilities every day. The best player we've produced in 20 years left aged 18 because of this. He also wants to move Aberdeen FC to a field several miles outside of Aberdeen.
He's out of touch with the support. He bottled it when we could've got rid of the 11-1 voting system. He would've bottled the newco situation had the fans not held back on season ticket purchases. He'd be quite happy to sit behind the Glasgow two until the end of time and take the apparent money associated with that, despite us bringing in record turnover year on year in the absence of a strong team at Ibrox.
He appointed McInnes but he also appointed Skovdahl, Paterson and McGhee. McInnes has been the one good appointment with the rest ranging from decent to diabolical. Across the SPL era (1998-2013), which coincides with Milne's reign as chairman pre-McInnes, we were outperformed by both Motherwell and Kilmarnock. McInnes transforming our fortunes on the pitch has made people think we're a well run club when in reality we're doing well despite Milne.

Never has a post been more correct about Milne and our board generally. The last few weeks has been handled badly by the club and the whole thing has a feel that the club are happy to settle with mediocrity.

Milne openly stated how much he wanted Rangers in the league and he's happy to stay behind them in perpetuity. The board are happy building a stadium on the edge of town when it's clear that the club should remain in the city. We've already made substantial compromises with the design to appease a group of nimbys who never would be appeased.

Meanwhile the enthusiasm from the fans has waned as summer signings have failed and the manager has had his head turned twice in under 6 months.

The club is at a crossroads with the stadium and the manager. Do I trust the board generally to get the decisions correct that will shape both the short and very long run of this club? No, I do not.

50 minutes ago, scoobles said:

Funny how you miss Calderwood, who drove fans away in masses, but is revered by some for playing a Europa group like they were home and away.
Milne got his stake in Aberdeen by writing off dicks erection.
Milne is not to blame for all of our problems but he is certainly culpable for more than other supports would have tolerated.

I miss Chris Anderson's vision

Calderwood had us mediocre. He was meh. I don't think I have ever heard anyone revere JC.

I miss Willie Miller's composed defending, but I don't think its relevant to how the club is doing now. 

3 minutes ago, BucksburnDandy said:

Never has a post been more correct about Milne and our board generally. The last few weeks has been handled badly by the club and the whole thing has a feel that the club are happy to settle with mediocrity.

Milne openly stated how much he wanted Rangers in the league and he's happy to stay behind them in perpetuity. The board are happy building a stadium on the edge of town when it's clear that the club should remain in the city. We've already made substantial compromises with the design to appease a group of nimbys who never would be appeased.

Meanwhile the enthusiasm from the fans has waned as summer signings have failed and the manager has had his head turned twice in under 6 months.

The club is at a crossroads with the stadium and the manager. Do I trust the board generally to get the decisions correct that will shape both the short and very long run of this club? No, I do not.

What is the alternative? Who better to come in? I'm not looking to argue, rather discuss what else can be done to make the team more successful.

What is the alternative? Who better to come in? I'm not looking to argue, rather discuss what else can be done to make the team more successful.

There is no point arguing but we have gone flat in the boardroom, the burning drive that Yule brought in in the early years under McInnes has gone.

We certainly need fresh blood on the board. As you have pointed out earlier, there are few prominent local business people who want to step forward.

However, aside from talking about the alternative potential board members, the current board do not inspire trust that our long term future is in the best hands. If we were going to do an out of town ground, somewhere that has far better public transport links was a no brainer. We had the chance to go out to the new AECC where there is meant to be a train station and has far more bus routes. And missed it. I genuinely do not believe Kingsford will be a good decision for the club or the fan base.

Our past choice of managers leaves a fair whack to be desired, I think we can all agree a huge degree of trepidation of what the board will come up with if Del goes. I'd would be bricking it.

2 minutes ago, highland_mechanic said:

And after Sheerin's caretaker post ends? Who gets it then if your so ITK

Indefinite period until successor chosen. Tommy Wright was preferred choice but his overall performance this season has put them off. Michael O'Neill mentioned but expected that he will take the Scotland Job. Strachan is an absolute non-starter.

1 hour ago, highland_mechanic said:

And after Sheerin's caretaker post ends? Who gets it then if your so ITK

he did say " indefinite"   ,  it might be Sheerin for ever..............

As the despair and despondency of last few games  wanes just a little,  I'm more inclined to hope that McInnes stays  but I do hope that he has a long, hard look at the squad and how we are  playing.  If he genuinely believes we are best suited to playing with wing backs, then he needs to get a proper left WB and accept that Consi is, at best, a  middling CB.  
Personally, I think we miss Shinnie's driving from the middle  too much when he plays at the back - which is a damning indictment of our natural midfielders. 

This summer's signings really haven't worked to improve the team, whether they don't fit into his system or they're just not that good, but our league position has definitely flattered us.

If he goes, after I've finished having my head's gone moment,  I'll be looking forward to 6 weeks of unsettling all our opponents by suggesting that their manager would be an ideal fit at Pittodrie - except for McCann, the Dees can keep him.

The fella from Orkney with the over exaggerated accent on Radio Scotland reckons Milne is asking for dough in the bank up front to even allow sevco to speak to Derek.
That’s probably been the hold up, persuading another director to pony up with yet another soft loan.

4 minutes ago, shootingboots said:

Hopefully today's the day we see some movement. 

2 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I actually have quite a busy day at work today.

An almighty heads gone would be highly inconvenient.

Ohh that kind of movement,  mind was in the toilet, so to speak.......

12 hours ago, Jmothecat2 said:

What a disgusting little rat Novo was / is. Love his little kicks at Anderson around the 1:50 mark before he then hacks him down. Classy guy.