The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

1 minute ago, Bob Mahelp said:

He's undoubtedly a good player but I don't think his heart has ever really been in it since moving to Aberdeen. 

It's never felt that he really belongs with us. 

When he's good he has a quiet control over the game (as he did at Easter Road) which I suspect strongly we'll miss. On the other hand, it may allow McInnes to stop pushing square pegs into round holes, which has disadvantaged McLean almost from day one. 

Now that McKenna has broken through we're able to push O'Connor into the holding midfield role which suits everyone better. McInnes may decide that replacing McLean with a more attack minded midfielder is the way to go......in which case I'd like us to be looking at players like Greg Docherty or Ali Crawford. 

Agree with all this. Combine McLean going with not having Christie next season and we're going to need a brand new shiny Number 10. 

5 minutes ago, Tartantony said:

No one on here worried about DM leaving for Ibrox?

Following the events of Wednesday night the whole of the North East has been overcome with a realization of the futility of human existence and have gone into terminal despression

All still in a dark place after our pumping the other night, there’s not even a thread for tomorrow’s game.

Easy to sit here and say he’d be out if his fucking mind to take it, because you would have to be out of your fucking mind to take it.

I don’t think he’ll go, but that’s based purely on the fact that The peepul in charge are so utterly incompetent, they won’t see him for the decent manager he is.

37 minutes ago, Tartantony said:

I was quite surprised he didn't go to Sunderland although they are a more basket case than Rangers and that is saying something. 

If Rangers are interested in him and  have the money for compensation then I expect him to leave and try and stop Celtic 10-in-a-row quest.  I think he could stop Celtic winning 10-in-a-row although that would be difficult with way Brendan Rodgers  has improved Celtic. 

I think Derek McInnes has been Aberdeen best manager since Fergie although the only criticism I have of him is he has only won 1 trophy in his time here. 

13 minutes ago, Tartantony said:

I suppose we would be worried. Aberdeen might hire a manager with balls if DM leaves emoji41.png

If the intention of this post was to induce me to splutter my tea in righteous indignation, and in so doing inadvertently inhale a partly soaked hob knob, then  you have succeeded. I hope you are happy.

There's fucking tea everywhere. 

If the intention of this post was to induce me to splutter my tea in righteous indignation, and in so doing inadvertently inhale a partly soaked hob knob, then  you have succeeded. I hope you are happy.

I was expecting a simple how dare you but that works for me [emoji23]

1 hour ago, Kneetrembler said:

Tremendous choice of biscuit mate.

This is what pisses me off about the west coast media. Derek is asked 'are you leaving Aberdeen?'

He replies 'no' with a snort of derision at the question and says 'I have always refused to be drawn into speculation, I'm very happy here and I'm concentrating on the Ross County game.' Pretty much what he has said every time he's been linked with a job elsewhere. But the weegie media go with 'McInnes refuses to rule himself out of the running for the Gers job.'

He's undoubtedly a good player but I don't think his heart has ever really been in it since moving to Aberdeen. 

When he's good he has a quiet control over the game (as he did at Easter Road) which I suspect strongly we'll miss. On the other hand, it may allow McInnes to stop pushing square pegs into round holes, which has disadvantaged McLean almost from day one. 

Now that McKenna has broken through we're able to push O'Connor into the holding midfield role which suits everyone better. McInnes may decide that replacing McLean with a more attack minded midfielder is the way to go......in which case I'd like us to be looking at players like Greg Docherty or Ali Crawford. 

"Heart wasn't in it since moving to Aberdeen"

He was at Aberdeen earlier in his career.

On 25/10/2017 at 13:56, Bob Mahelp said:

A number of Aberdeen fans seemingly always have to have a great player who they shout at, boo and generally abuse for little logical reasons. Kenny McLean has been that player for the past three years. Unbelievable.

A number of Aberdeen fans seemingly always have to have a great player who they shout at, boo and generally abuse for little logical reasons. Kenny McLean has been that player for the past three years. Unbelievable.

I think it's been made worse since Jack left. They used to share the burden I think. Mackie always got it bad, even during periods he played well. A dons fan who always gave his all but a certain element of the support couldn't get off his back.

I think it's been made worse since Jack left. They used to share the burden I think. Mackie always got it bad, even during periods he played well. A dons fan who always gave his all but a certain element of the support couldn't get off his back.

He was fucking horrendous mate.