The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Guest Bob Mahelp
20 minutes ago, RiG said:

Has McInnes had much luck with signings that aren't "known" to fans up here? Obviously with players like Christie, Rooney, Tansey, Shinnie they've been good for all the club and are all "known" up here but despite their success has he been able to unearth any gems for Aberdeen since he's been there?

Obviously I'm not saying that he shouldn't sign players like those mentioned above but it seems rare that someone comes in who is a relative unknown and they go on to big things at the club.

Logan and Lewis stand out.

Both came out of nowhere to become probably the best players in their position in the league.

Pity that they're not Scottish.

1 hour ago, Jmothecat2 said:

I may be in be minority here but I'm unconvinced by Stevie May. His goal scoring record has been dire, he could drift out of games a lot of what I remember him, and whilst he's a decent enough SPFL player spending £300,000 on someone who seems permanently injured because he had one ok season a couple of years ago feels risky.

Hope to be proved very wrong if he does sign for us.

What an absolute nonsense. The boys goal scoring record in Scotland is well above average. Even in his loan spells at Alloa and Hamilton his record was superb. He done ok at Sheffield Wednesday and unfortunately not longer after he signed they got new owners and were buying strikers for millions of pounds but again its the English Championship and a lot of factors can work against your style of play down in that league as well.

His injury at preston does sound very bad but by the sounds of it he worked back to fitness and finished the season looking sharp.

22 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Ward, lewis, Logan and but of course josh Parker!

I agree it's not that many though.

12 minutes ago, Alex_14 said:

Maddison, Hector

2 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Logan and Lewis stand out.

Both came out of nowhere to become probably the best players in their position in the league.

Pity that they're not Scottish.

Yeah Logan and Lewis were the first two I thought of after I posted who would fall into the "unknown" signings who went on to be #deece

Totally forgot about Hector.

if we could get something like...

Stevie May

Shaun Maloney

Craig Conway or similar pacey little winger

Kelvin Wilson or similar dominant centre back

then we'll be very well placed. Lets see what unfolds ahead of our signing deadline of 6th-7th July

if we could get something like...
Stevie May
Shaun Maloney
Craig Conway or similar pacey little winger
Kelvin Wilson or similar dominant centre back

then we'll be very well placed. Lets see what unfolds ahead of our signing deadline of 6th-7th July

I have convinced myself that you are ITK and that we are in advanced talks with all of the above.

if they don't all sign i will hold you responsible.

how come there is a two day deadline?

Pleasing. Barry Robson was great to have in the side for a couple of years with his experience. Same with Maloney. More threat from set pieces too, fed up of McLean sending balls over the Merkland