The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

8 minutes ago, d31 said:

I'm not convinced we'd pay £3k/week as a basic wage

Matty Kennedy earns more than that.

39 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

I'm a bit surprised we have received a bid that high for him, to be honest. 

^^^^^^^^

This , with bells on. 

€1 = £0.9 ......so £2.7 m.  Unless the Dons have reason to believe there could be rival bids, I think we’d bite their hands off.

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

The SFA never announce which clubs have been selected to play in Europe, it's fairly obvious from the league positions.

Fourth depends on the cup though and i never saw how that was resolved. We could have ended up drawing straws or something. Or we could have if it wasn't an establishment club in fourth. 

3 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Fourth depends on the cup though and i never saw how that was resolved. We could have ended up drawing straws or something. Or we could have if it wasn't an establishment club in fourth. 

They’re still planning on finishing it so no way they can give out European places for an ongoing competition.

1 hour ago, d31 said:

I'm not convinced we'd pay £3k/week as a basic wage = you've broken your leg and are out for a whole year scenario.

I'd be thinking 2k vs 10k.

I wouldnt be surprised if he is on even less. how many new contracts has he had - only one?

He'll have come in on a few hundred quid a week so his new contract could easy have been a £1k/week increase

2k a week is less than average of first team players so sure he will be on more than that.

Would be surprised if French League 2 pay so much but football is fucked when it comes to money so you never know.
 As others have said he’s probably holding out for a championship move where the money is ridiculous.

1 hour ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

French division 2 is a big step up from the Scottish Premiership.

hardly when scottish clubs have won twice as many european trophies than the french

2 hours ago, the tungston weasel said:

Would love to be proved wrong but
I've gotta the feeling we have seen the best of Cosgrove and a 2 million offer should not be knocked back.

Have to agree. In the current market offer was probably as good as we are going to get.

On 02/07/2020 at 16:14, big al said:

Any truth in something I was told, that Forest want McKenna and it’s a big fee as well? ( although it may include add ons to make it sound bigger).

I haven't heard anything about forest being interested. Middlesborough, Stoke and Hull City are the interested parties I've been told.

10 hours ago, Sheep62 said:

Where's our man in Vancouver when you need him 😉

I don't think many people believe my validity on here however I'll still post the occasional bit of info (that I'm allowed too) when I do hear of any. 

I only heard about the Cosgrove deal in the news today. I usually speak with the board member I know once or twice every few weeks. You can probably figure out who he is. I won't confirm who he if you are right.

I'll ask about whats happening with Cosgrove and anything else they can tell me.

In the environment that we are in just now, there is no way that Aberdeen could have turned down a bid of €3m for Cosgrove. Fair play to him for not just leaving for the money, although as others have said if that bid had come from an English Championship club I’m sure that he’d be off home.

13 hours ago, tree house tam said:

^^^ ITK as f**k.

Not at all, but I heard his wages were more than doubled, and he was on around £1.5k with us.

Aberdeen fans seem completely oblivious to how much they can pay in terms of wages and its bizarre. An average wage of £1k-£2k is St Johnstone/Kilmarnock levels.

Of course players at Aberdeen take home upwards of £250k/year in a season where they qualify for europe, get to Hampden and play 30 matches.

They don't earn anything like that if they are injured.

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

In the environment that we are in just now, there is no way that Aberdeen could have turned down a bid of €3m for Cosgrove. Fair play to him for not just leaving for the money, although as others have said if that bid had come from an English Championship club I’m sure that he’d be off home.

Agreed. If we're currently making substantial losses it makes sense to try and recoup some of that through the sale of an asset. Seems like Cosgrove turned down the move, as opposed to AFC rejecting the fee.