The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

1 minute ago, Rodhull said:

Bid of €3 million euros accepted from Guingamp for Cosgrove but move turned down by him according to the Sun.

Beat me to it Rod

Hard to believe that he turned down the move

That money would have come in handy and I reckon we could replace at a fraction of the cost.

1 minute ago, Sheep62 said:

Beat me to it Rod

Hard to believe that he turned down the move

That money would have come in handy and I reckon we could replace at a fraction of the cost.

Presumably either doesn't fancy French second tier or more likely thinks he can get a move to England somewhere.

1 minute ago, Rodhull said:

Presumably either doesn't fancy French second tier or more likely thinks he can get a move to England somewhere.

English Championship probably more what he fancies.

At least anyone interested now knows the sort of fee we'll deal at

6 minutes ago, Sheep62 said:

English Championship probably more what he fancies.

At least anyone interested now knows the sort of fee we'll deal at

What are the Aberdeen fan thoughts on the reported fee? 3m Euros seems a bit low to me. What's his contract situation?

3 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

If Cosgrove does go who the f**k will do goals for us next season?

McGinn up front hopefully, although mcinnes likes a target man so it'll more then likely be Main. 

Close [Note SCO] Scotland (SCO): The 2019–20 Scottish Premiership was abandoned due to the COVID-19 pandemic in Scotland, and the 2019–20 Scottish Cup was postponed and could not be completed by the UEFA registration deadline of 3 August 2020. The second-placed, third-placed and fourth-placed teams of the league at the time of the abandonment based on the average number of points per matches played for each team, RangersMotherwell and Aberdeen, were selected to play in the 2020–21 UEFA Europa League by the Scottish Football Association, entering the second qualifying round (second-placed team) and first qualifying round respectively.[31]

I must have missed the SFA announcement 

The SFA never announce which clubs have been selected to play in Europe, it's fairly obvious from the league positions.

On 06/07/2020 at 18:31, big al said:

Cheers.

Just have to wait til 1st August.
Read an article with McCoist saying ‘oh you’re kidding, Aberdeen away first game’.

As if they are hard done by! No home fans is the best time possible for them to come up to Pittodrie.

I was thinking that myself.

38 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Main's not even back in training yet after an operation so doubt he'd be ready for the start of the season.

Would have to imagine someone would be brought in if Cosgrove goes.

Don't imagine Anderson would be trusted & Babe Ruth hasn't made his first team debut yet, so you're probably right.  Doesn't fill me with confidence, as McInne's record on forwards hasn't exactly been stellar.  Part of me thinks he got lucky with Cosgrove. 

If we move on any player eg cosgrove or mckenna then we will bring in a replacement.

Sounds like Cosgrove is confident to get away this summer if he is turning down moves like that which would have probably given him 5x more salary minimum

1 minute ago, d31 said:

If we move on any player eg cosgrove or mckenna then we will bring in a replacement.

Sounds like Cosgrove is confident to get away this summer if he is turning down moves like that which would have probably given him 5x more salary minimum

Let’s say he’s on £3k a week at Pittodrie.

You reckon a French 2nd division team will pay him £15k a week?

What are the Aberdeen fan thoughts on the reported fee? 3m Euros seems a bit low to me. What's his contract situation?
Transfer market has pretty much reset. Pretty decent offer in this climate imo, considering he went through an absolute rotten patch after January iirc, he looked back to his old self at one point.

4 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Transfer market has pretty much reset. Pretty decent offer in this climate imo, considering he went through an absolute rotten patch after January iirc, he looked back to his old self at one point.

Yeah, fair point regarding the market. Given the reported offers Aberdeen have previously rejected for the likes of McKenna I just assumed they’d hold out for more. 

21 minutes ago, big al said:

Let’s say he’s on £3k a week at Pittodrie.

You reckon a French 2nd division team will pay him £15k a week?

I'm not convinced we'd pay £3k/week as a basic wage = you've broken your leg and are out for a whole year scenario.

I'd be thinking 2k vs 10k.

I wouldnt be surprised if he is on even less. how many new contracts has he had - only one?

He'll have come in on a few hundred quid a week so his new contract could easy have been a £1k/week increase

Edited by d31