The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

1 hour ago, Merkland Red said:

4,500 season tickets sold.

Directors have donated 10% of the value of each ticket (from their own pocket, not the season ticket money) to the AFCCT  which stands at around £115,00. Fantastic stuff.

I am #stillstandingfree

On 17/04/2020 at 12:17, naegoodinthedark said:

Championship forum for this pish.

Division One, Shirley?

ETA: Up yours RG

Edited by Jacksgranda

On 21/04/2020 at 00:54, ChrispPancake said:

When will McInnes walk for the sake of the clubs dignity and his lack of ambition? or are Aberdeen about to do an Arsenal and let the manager get away with 7 years of mediocrity (and mediocrity in the SPFL is pretty low) as they try and recoup the new stadium bill.

Cheryl Cole Okay GIF - CherylCole Okay Awkward GIFs

9 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

4,500 season tickets sold.

Directors have donated 10% of the value of each ticket (from their own pocket, not the season ticket money) to the AFCCT  which stands at around £115,00. Fantastic stuff.

Every time Celtic or Rangers do some donating at the moment, it’s all over the media. Aberdeen FC have been leading the way from the start and very little publicity for the fantastic work being carried out by the club. I’ve never been more proud of being an Aberdeen supporter.

I’ve just put myself through hell by watching the 1991 League decider on Sportscene . Things I had forgotten.

1. What an absolute abomination of a “shot” from Peter Van De Ven.

2. What a great chance Hans Gillhaus’ header was.

3. Why did Rangers only score two? Michael Watt was incapable of saving anything that day. Having no Snelders cost us the title.

4. Every challenge by Hurlock was an assault.

5. How much of the play that we had, particularly in the second half.

6. The referee booked two of our players really early for nothing, and didn’t give a penalty against Hurlock for handball in the second half.

i really shouldn’t have watched it.

11 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Every time Celtic or Rangers do some donating at the moment, it’s all over the media. Aberdeen FC have been leading the way from the start and very little publicity for the fantastic work being carried out by the club. I’ve never been more proud of being an Aberdeen supporter.

On BBC Scotland tonight at six.

Fail

I’ve just put myself through hell by watching the 1991 League decider on Sportscene . Things I had forgotten.
3. Why did Rangers only score two? Michael Watt was incapable of saving anything that day. Having no Snelders cost us the title.
6. The referee booked two of our players really early for nothing, and didn’t give a penalty against Hurlock for handball in the second half.
I made the decision not to watch it. Listening on the wireless at the time was bad enough.

Hurlock was a fkin brute. Too dirty even for English fitba, then came to Scotland and got free reign to hoof folk all over the park. p***k.

9 minutes ago, resk said:

I made the decision not to watch it. Listening on the wireless at the time was bad enough.

Hurlock was a fkin brute. Too dirty even for English fitba, then came to Scotland and got free reign to hoof folk all over the park. p***k.

I listened to it on the radio too. As I remember it, the BBC were only allowed to broadcast the last half hour live, so we were 2.0 down obviously by then.

7 minutes ago, Tutankhamen said:

Behave, BBC Scotland regional news.

The BBC big boys don't rate ewe guys that well.

It won’t have been on at 6.00 then.   It’s only taken the BBC seven weeks to pick up on Aberdeen’s great community work.

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

Never going to get much publicity in the Scottish football world unless from the epicentre of the universe (weegieland).

Although this was a terrible result, I have really fond memories of that time. We were on an incredible run then. I have very vivid memories of the weekend before, when we beat St Johnstone and they dropped points (against Motherwell?). It was the only time I was ever in the old corner stand, and leaving that day top of the league with a game to go was just incredible. Really electric atmosphere.
It was a time in my life when I never missed a game, home and away, so I was at Ibrox the following week. The two standout moments for me were Hateley effectively removing Watt from the game, and Van De Vens “passback” of a shot.
It’s probably the closest I’ve been to actual tears at a game, so I couldn’t bring myself to watch it last night. I was, however, cheered up immensely when I remembered our opponents that day died in 2012.

It’s a shame, but a lot of fans never really forgave the manager for losing that match and were always on his back after that. Good job we’re no longer like that.......

1 hour ago, naegoodinthedark said:

Although this was a terrible result, I have really fond memories of that time. We were on an incredible run then. I have very vivid memories of the weekend before, when we beat St Johnstone and they dropped points (against Motherwell?). It was the only time I was ever in the old corner stand, and leaving that day top of the league with a game to go was just incredible. Really electric atmosphere.
It was a time in my life when I never missed a game, home and away, so I was at Ibrox the following week. The two standout moments for me were Hateley effectively removing Watt from the game, and Van De Vens “passback” of a shot.
It’s probably the closest I’ve been to actual tears at a game, so I couldn’t bring myself to watch it last night. I was, however, cheered up immensely when I remembered our opponents that day died in 2012.

It’s a shame, but a lot of fans never really forgave the manager for losing that match and were always on his back after that. Good job we’re no longer like that.......

I was in the Merkland for that St Johnstone game and I vividly remember that everyone heard the Rangers score at Motherwell just as I left Pittodrie and touched Merkland Road East, and everyone was utterly jubilant.  It was a great time for us, bar that match at Ibrox, and I also remember the human explosion when Jim Bett scored the only goal at St Mirren. 

On 01/05/2020 at 21:15, kingjoey said:

Got offered £150 for my ticket outside . hindsight eh.    i ve never watched the higlights of the game and never will ,    i   will never get that feeling of depression coming away from a game again. even the good Es  back at the pelican club once i got back did f**k all..      My mate got slashed outside the ground also .  But as hard as that was to take    I  got great memories of that brillaint run .  Betts winner at  love street  is up there with one the best bounces  and  mini bus jouney hame was carnage .  i have seen us win the league 3 times and they were  glorious .  but winning at that shithole would have been..........

29 minutes ago, A96 said:

40 years ago today , anyone ?

My best day at a game , with the possible exception of the Bayern game ....(wasn’t at Gothenburg) 

First time i seen my da completely blootered and that was on the way down.   Aye loved that day . .  reds everywhere .  walking along london road bawling  champions . I  started to go to majority away games after this .  I  cant thank my da enough taking me those games back then.