The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

5 hours ago, kingjoey said:

I always thought Francey was one of you as well. Given his performance during that Aberdeen v Celtic Cup Final, I think that he just hated any weegie team getting their come uppance from any devils from the North.

Aye.  Weegie football is a role-model of amity and accord.

Still, looks like The Dundims are now Abergreen's new best pals.  You'll be delighted.

14 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Aye.  Weegie football is a role-model of amity and accord.

Still, looks like The Dundims are now Abergreen's new best pals.  You'll be delighted.

It doesn’t fit in with your “you have to blindly follow what your club does” mentality, but I wanted the vote to reject the resolution. What Dundee have done since last Friday is pathetic.

5 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

It doesn’t fit in with your “you have to blindly follow what your club does” mentality, but I wanted the vote to reject the resolution. What Dundee have done since last Friday is pathetic.

Wrong poster, bud.  I have been hugely critical of The Rangers over many of my 'too many' posts.

1 minute ago, The_Kincardine said:

Wrong poster, bud.  I have been hugely critical of The Rangers over many of my 'too many' posts.

That makes two of us then. Although on this occasion I was with them all the way. There has to be an investigation into what has gone on with SPFL board, one of which I believe is one of yours, over this whole shambles.

1 minute ago, kingjoey said:

That makes two of us then. Although on this occasion I was with them all the way. There has to be an investigation into what has gone on with SPFL board, one of which I believe is one of yours, over this whole shambles.

We had nothing to gain and you had very little  (maybe catching M'well?) but the outcome isn't so much the issue.  This process couldn't have been more of a farce if it was directed by Brian Rix.

5 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

We had nothing to gain and you had very little  (maybe catching M'well?) but the outcome isn't so much the issue.  This process couldn't have been more of a farce if it was directed by Brian Rix.

Here’s us showing our ages again. I used to love the Brian Rix farces when, I think, they were shown at Christmas and Easter holidays every year in the early/mid sixties. Might be a bit out with my dates, but think it was around then.

8 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Here’s us showing our ages again. I used to love the Brian Rix farces when, I think, they were shown at Christmas and Easter holidays every year in the early/mid sixties. Might be a bit out with my dates, but think it was around then.

I prefer to see it as sagacity and I know @Jacksgrandawould back me up.

I'd also poll our big pal @Eednudbut he's likely on the Sellick website buying a discounted Neil Lennon onesie which, I think was a sweetner in the deal. 

7 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

I'd also poll our big pal @Eednudbut he's likely on the Sellick website buying a discounted Neil Lennon onesie which, I think was a sweetner in the deal. 

I used to enjoy them too, (The Brian Rix farces), couldn't tell you when they were on, but they were on regularly. Even my mother, not known for her sense of humour, enjoyed them.

I wonder how they would go down today?

As for the 80s Dons - I very seldom saw them in the flesh, but obviously revelled in their achievements. I sort of knew it was going to be a once in a life time experience, a bit like Hibs famous five era and Hearts mid 50s - very early 60s trophy haul, which in a way made it all the more enjoyable.

My father sent me newspaper clippings every week which kept me informed and back in those days I was an avid programme collector and used to get the home and away programmes. I would have tried to catch a game at summer time/Christmas/April when I visited my parents but even in those days I might just have soon fetched up at Borough Briggs. Most of the games I did catch seemed to involve Dundee or Hibs, for some strange reason.

8 hours ago, kingjoey said:

8 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

I'd also poll our big pal @Eednud - The only site I’d go near would be the wiki historic site it’s a good source for info about games of yore.

21 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

I used to enjoy them too, (The Brian Rix farces), couldn't tell you when they were on, but they were on regularly. Even my mother, not known for her sense of humour, enjoyed them.

I wonder how they would go down today?

@kingjoey I’m with you about Christmas and Easter being when the Brian Rix farces were shown on BBC. Elspet Gray was a wid.

On 13/04/2020 at 18:04, The_Kincardine said:

I haven't heard that commentary but always thought Francey was one of us.

David Francey's father was from Ballymena. I think his father was a lay preacher, but I might just have made that up. There are still Franceys in Ballymena, there is a funeral directors called Francey

8 hours ago, Eednud said:

@kingjoey I’m with you about Christmas and Easter being when the Brian Rix farces were shown on BBC. Elspet Gray was a wid.

Not a name I have heard for decades so had to google her and read that she was married to Brian Rix.  Every day's a school day.

3 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Not a name I have heard for decades so had to google her and read that she was married to Brian Rix.  Every day's a school day.

She was the leading lady in all of the Brian Rix farces that I remember.

23 hours ago, Eednud said:

14 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Even I knew that, T_K, although I suppose I am a wee bit older than you...

10 hours ago, kingjoey said:

She was the leading lady in all of the Brian Rix farces that I remember.

Correct

4 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

Were going to vote against it then at last minute voted for Lawell's proposal. And you were the arch defenders of the 11-1 vote standard for the Premiership. Always taking the Old Firm's boaby.

That specific vote only required 75 per cent, which was 9-3 in favour.

Any reconstruction will require 11-1 in favour though from the top division teams.

Milne may have been a sympathiser but Cormack has his own baws and speaks a lot of sense and is very transparent ( so far anyway). 

Do keep up. 

2 hours ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

Aberdeen. Take Celtic's boaby on and off the park. Lol

15 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

Were going to vote against it then at last minute voted for Lawell's proposal. And you were the arch defenders of the 11-1 vote standard for the Premiership. Always taking the Old Firm's boaby.

This is Rangers' dossier of evidence isn't it?