The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

15 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

We'll probably win.

Hahaha. I've not logged on to the hat since the Dundee game I reckon. Have been fairly prominent on there over the years.

I wasus ure I had sussed your alias but not so sure now.

I'm not on AFC chat, just occasionally pop in for a browse of the heads gone

Is it just me who thinks we weren’t that bad last night? Certainly much better than previous away performances this season and to me we were the more likely team to score in the second half. 

If we play like that we will comfortably finish third this season. I realise that doesn’t really bring much excitement in itself so we really could do with doing something in the Scottish Cup.

Is it just me who thinks we weren’t that bad last night? Certainly much better than previous away performances this season and to me we were the more likely team to score in the second half. 
If we play like that we will comfortably finish third this season. I realise that doesn’t really bring much excitement in itself so we really could do with doing something in the Scottish Cup.

You’re not alone but it’s limited to a few very intelligent, very sound and rational people.

45 minutes ago, KingswellsRed said:

Would agree it was better than previous away games this season but that’s not really setting the bar that high. However I cannot remember the Hearts keeper having to make a save in 90 minutes so would dispute that we will easily finish third without managing a shot on target every week.

9 hours ago, big al said:

the hatred for Mcinness is very concerning, some of the fans need to get over the **** link and realise he’s trying his best over a sustained period for us. Some will never get over this though.

This '*** link' is actually more perplexing from a Rangers PoV.  I was still going to Ibrox regularly when McInnes was in our squad and he was a bang-average, forgettable midfielder who got absolutely no one excited and I can't really recall when he moved and to where he moved on as he was pretty-much insignificant.

He was the 90s equivalent of Ian McCall - a jobbing midfield also-ran (signed, perplexingly, by Souness) whom no one wanted and no one missed when he moved on.  Two differences between McCall and McInnes, though:

1. McCall had a wunder-strike vs Hibs to salvage a point and 2. The mature and sane clubs that McCall has managed don't hang a Winnie Mandela-style necklace around McCall in the way that some Dons fans do with McInnes.  This is an entirely Aberdeen-manufactured issue that no one outwith your club can understand.

This '*** link' is actually more perplexing from a Rangers PoV.  I was still going to Ibrox regularly when McInnes was in our squad and he was a bang-average, forgettable midfielder who got absolutely no one excited and I can't really recall when he moved and to where he moved on as he was pretty-much insignificant.
He was the 90s equivalent of Ian McCall - a jobbing midfield also-ran (signed, perplexingly, by Souness) whom no one wanted and no one missed when he moved on.  Two differences between McCall and McInnes, though:
1. McCall had a wunder-strike vs Hibs to salvage a point and 2. The mature and sane clubs that McCall has managed don't hang a Winnie Mandela-style necklace around McCall in the way that some Dons fans do with McInnes.  This is an entirely Aberdeen-manufactured issue that no one outwith your club can understand.

Do bore off

12 hours ago, big al said:

The section of the support who were going mental at the players after the game yesterday were embarrassing.

Away to tynecastle is never easy. Hearts aren’t great but would still expect them to end up top 6 this season.

lots of injuries, yet our best away performance of the season and almost won it. The team gave a lot, could see some of the players were fucked in extra time. We played quite well in spells.

tactically Mcinness got most things right. Wilson in to bring extra ability on the ball was a good move. Hedges not just pinned to the touch line, but allowed to come inside and get involved more. Mcginn benched but on as a sub, all the right moves.

leaving big Berra on the ball at the back and cutting off the passes wide was working a treat as Berra is a donkey.

we fired a corner at the far end long past the back post and folk behind me were moaning! It was a deliberate tactic we used a few times to keep it away from the middle. It was headed back across goal and we shot over but decent chance. So much of the complaining is without thought.

for me the change to a back 5 near the end and sitting in more last 10 is the only disappointing bit of the game(apart from pens obviously). Could have kept the same shape and tried more for the 3rd.

the hatred for Mcinness is very concerning, some of the fans need to get over the **** link and realise he’s trying his best over a sustained period for us. Some will never get over this though.

On the *** note, I've not seen the reason for McInnes turning down Rangers in the press or social media etc.  One of our directors told me that he rejected them after being offered less money than the £900k/yr he is on with us. There is a termination clause in his contract which safeguards the club financially in the event of parting company. 

I don't think the fans really have an issue with his previous employers, more that the style of play has been utterly horrendous for the past 18 months. Most folk could deal with that when the team was picking up results, but our luck has ran out and we seem to have lost the ability to keep clean sheets. We were lucky St Mirren didn't put four past us FFS.  It's only the end of September yet we are effectively reduced to only competing for the Scottish Cup for the remainder of the season.

The players signed over the last two windows have left a fair amount to be desired, but they are crippled by McInnes' tactics. Why sign players only to play them out of the positions they have played for their entire careers? That comes down to either arrogance or ignorance.  Constantly sitting in and playing square balls from one defender to another is horrific to watch. We have a squad full of attackers yet set the team out most weeks to sit in and defend. Not having a go at teams at home is hard to accept. Instead of worrying about the opponents, we should really be setting out our team to let them worry about us! 

The argument a lot of people make is the "where were we before him" and "who will we replace him with"? There is no doubt McInnes has done a good job at bringing the club into the 21st century, but to say we couldn't attract another decent manager on that sort of money is wrong. From the position the club was in when he took over, the only direction possible was upwards. The board are reluctant to give him more money for transfer fees as he has squandered the majority of the money he has been given during his tenure.   

I really hope we can turn things around but a bad result at the weekend is going to massively increase the pressure on him. One of the worst parts of this situation is the growing apathy amongst our support. The amount of people who have simply stopped going to Pittodrie and stopped caring as a result of our style of play and results is only going to increase. 

Supposedly Wilson out and McLennan doubtful. Plus the 6 from before Hearts.

bench full of youths. 

Results been mixed and hard 1 to take on Wednesday. 

In a bit of a hole and away to fuckin Ibrox.

Time for some big performances, the fans are owed it. Backs to the wall at times yeah, but so what. Dig in , be mentally tough and come away with something. And attack when you can. Should be crawling off the pitch at the end they are so fucked giving everything and then some.

1 hour ago, big al said:

Supposedly Wilson out and McLennan doubtful. Plus the 6 from before Hearts.

bench full of youths. 

Results been mixed and hard 1 to take on Wednesday. 

In a bit of a hole and away to fuckin Ibrox.

Time for some big performances, the fans are owed it. Backs to the wall at times yeah, but so what. Dig in , be mentally tough and come away with something. And attack when you can. Should be crawling off the pitch at the end they are so fucked giving everything and then some.

They probably will be, and will still get abuse. 

On 26/09/2019 at 23:53, AFCDannyFTH said:

On the *** note, I've not seen the reason for McInnes turning down Rangers in the press or social media etc.  One of our directors told me that he rejected them after being offered less money than the £900k/yr he is on with us. There is a termination clause in his contract which safeguards the club financially in the event of parting company. 

I don't think the fans really have an issue with his previous employers, more that the style of play has been utterly horrendous for the past 18 months. Most folk could deal with that when the team was picking up results, but our luck has ran out and we seem to have lost the ability to keep clean sheets. We were lucky St Mirren didn't put four past us FFS.  It's only the end of September yet we are effectively reduced to only competing for the Scottish Cup for the remainder of the season.

The players signed over the last two windows have left a fair amount to be desired, but they are crippled by McInnes' tactics. Why sign players only to play them out of the positions they have played for their entire careers? That comes down to either arrogance or ignorance.  Constantly sitting in and playing square balls from one defender to another is horrific to watch. We have a squad full of attackers yet set the team out most weeks to sit in and defend. Not having a go at teams at home is hard to accept. Instead of worrying about the opponents, we should really be setting out our team to let them worry about us! 

The argument a lot of people make is the "where were we before him" and "who will we replace him with"? There is no doubt McInnes has done a good job at bringing the club into the 21st century, but to say we couldn't attract another decent manager on that sort of money is wrong. From the position the club was in when he took over, the only direction possible was upwards. The board are reluctant to give him more money for transfer fees as he has squandered the majority of the money he has been given during his tenure.   

I really hope we can turn things around but a bad result at the weekend is going to massively increase the pressure on him. One of the worst parts of this situation is the growing apathy amongst our support. The amount of people who have simply stopped going to Pittodrie and stopped caring as a result of our style of play and results is only going to increase. 

Derek McInnes on £900k/year at Aberdeen 😂😂😂😂😂 hahahahahaha