The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

22 hours ago, coprolite said:

The rest of the league gifted us 4th.

Very early days yet but I don't see any great challenges for 3rd this season for Aberdeen unless Hearts ditch Levein very very soon. Hibs seem to be going for a league 1 select which has failed many times before in this league and Kilmarnock look a shadow of themselves. 

37 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Very early days yet but I don't see any great challenges for 3rd this season for Aberdeen unless Hearts ditch Levein very very soon. Hibs seem to be going for a league 1 select which has failed many times before in this league and Kilmarnock look a shadow of themselves. 

I'd agree with this on what we've seen so far. I think we've got worse than last year but still expect us to finish 3rd right now

39 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Probably right. Doesn't inspire confidence though.

Guest Bob Mahelp
2 hours ago, gannonball said:

Outside Celtic and Rangers, everyone else looks absolute dog shit.

We're going to have Celtic winning the league, Rangers finishing second around 10 points behind but 20 points in front of a completely average chasing pack consisting of Aberdeen +1 or 2 others, and the rest of the clubs trailing not all that far behind 3rd or 4th place.

You can pick a name from a hat as to who'll get relegated. 

Edited by Bob Mahelp

2 hours ago, gannonball said:

The Dons sadly, aren’t the team they have been in recent seasons. It’s going to be a long slog.

3 hours ago, gannonball said:

We're not challenging for 3rd this year. 

We're going to win the league 

Well seeing as he's been in form he should be ahead of the likes of Main in the pecking order but because McInnes is set on playing an isolated target man with no support it probably doesn't matter what he does and it could well be another Lawrence Shankland situation.

Why all of a sudden do Scottish Football fans assume the best a team outside Glasgow can achieve is 3rd ???

I’d be alarmed if any AFC fan let alone player are hoping for 3rd this season.

9 minutes ago, G-MAN said:

Why all of a sudden do Scottish Football fans assume the best a team outside Glasgow can achieve is 3rd ???

I’d be alarmed if any AFC fan let alone player are hoping for 3rd this season.

By all means do, my point was that there is decent opposition for 1st and 2nd as scottish football goes this season, after that I see Aberdeen as a cut above the rest.

https://www.afc.co.uk/2019/08/29/stevie-may-departs-pittodrie/?fbclid=IwAR1lnLHW5xL36WjiWiZoe3R7EwdfIYToQ9AETsfEir2XQAe18pRrX7GFCLo

May officially gone. 

McInnes needs to take a fucking long hard look at himself with this shite. May was never a winger or lone striker and trying to play him as one was idiocy. 

Letting him go with less than two days of the window remaining and seemingly no replacement lined up is just stupid. Bet the rest of the support are creaming themselves with excitement at the prospect of Curtis Main up front this season 🙃

Do we need a replacement for a 4th or 5th choice CF when we play 1 up? I'm hoping he was just bluffing about no plans on bringing anyone in and has somebody with some creativity lined up.

I'd be more annoyed if Anderson goes out on loan now and we're left with just Main and Wilson as back ups.