The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

27 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Seems a trash weegia non-story.............they carry big squads down there for a long season full of midweekers.  Took McLean a wee while to feel a part of things at Norwich.

Cocu uses U23 fixtures to keep players ticking over and get a look at them...........big deal.    

3 hours ago, Sheep62 said:

Christ had forgotten all about that.

"Personally, it has been great to see guys like Jaap Stam and Sami Hyypia move on to better things and I've no doubt it will happen for Zander too."

Fantastic quote above from JC.

A mere seven years later he did of course leave Aberdeen for the lofty heights of Oldham. At least we removed a cancer from our club when he left

Such a fucking typical Jimmy quip 

4 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

No idea about that, but my favourite most ridiculous post on P&B was you coming on here and saying McInnes has an awful record in signing strikers. 

He does. Only Cosgrove and Rooney go against that, while two other strikers in your squad (Main, May), plus previous signings (Maynard, Stockley, Storey, Nuttall, Goodwillie and Zola) suggest his record with signing strikers if poor.

1 minute ago, harry94 said:

So, any new thoughts re Scott Wright's prospects of leaving you guys before the end of the window?

You Dundee guys are desperate. If Big Sam leaves for Lazio, there’s no chance of Scott Wright leaving us, so tough.

4 minutes ago, harry94 said:

So, any new thoughts re Scott Wright's prospects of leaving you guys before the end of the window?

They're apparently planning on a move for Morgan or Hayes if they can get rid of May. Would imagine a winger come in then shoves Wright towards the door.

In other words, it depends on us being competent enough to get a deal done for May.

I apologise in advance for the disappointment. 

11 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

He does. Only Cosgrove and Rooney go against that, while two other strikers in your squad (Main, May), plus previous signings (Maynard, Stockley, Storey, Nuttall, Goodwillie and Zola) suggest his record with signing strikers if poor.

You can’t include Main in that list. He’s played one full match since signing. And just remember that before a Big Sam came to us, he’d scored one career goal.

Just now, kingjoey said:

You can’t include Main in that list. He’s played one full match since signing. And just remember that before a Big Sam came to us, he’d scored one career goal.

I can include Main, I'd be stunned if you dont all despise his "charge into defender and give away foul EVERY TIME" approach to the game by this time next year.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

They're apparently planning on a move for Morgan or Hayes if they can get rid of May. Would imagine a winger come in then shoves Wright towards the door.

In other words, it depends on us being competent enough to get a deal done for May.

tbh I think he'd be good enough and have aspirations for a top flight team in any case if he was allowed to leave and we've also just signed McPake and then have Billy King still training who looks like he'll sign so I think we've probably given up on it already.

At least he signs strikers

Guest Bob Mahelp
56 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Christ, this is taking stalking to Ted Bundy levels. It wouldn't surprise me if one day the police will find Aberdeen FC gagged and bound in the boot of your car. 

Guest Bob Mahelp
1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Bizarre post. Rooney and Cosgrove were signed for zilch and have been the 2 most prolific strikers in the SPL outside the OF in the last 5 years. 

And yet you drag up names that most Dons fans have forgotten in a hopeless attempt to say that McInnes's record is poor. 

I'll let you into a secret, and try not to be shocked. Every single manager in world football, since the beginning of time, has signed players who didn't succeed at their club. McInnes is no different......well, apart from the fact that he has signed the 2 most prolific strikers in the SPL outside the OF in the last 5 years. 

Why have you got such a hard-on about all of this ?

8 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Why have you got such a hard-on about all of this ?

It was you who randomly brought it up, I've made one post on the subject. 80% of his striking signings have been failures. You can twist it whatever way you want, but to me that means his record is poor.

Again, its who you brought this into a conversation, not me, before you start this "obsessed chat" shite instead of actually replying.

Including Nuttal is a bit random too. Signed as a youth player and was only ever treated as such before he left. Every manager is a failure if you include all the youth players that don't make it.

Edited by Rodhull

3 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

He didn't make the bench for tonight's game either. Very early days of course but wouldn't be surprised if he is potentially loaned out in January, whether it's back up here or to another side down south.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

I can include Main, I'd be stunned if you dont all despise his "charge into defender and give away foul EVERY TIME" approach to the game by this time next year.

Maybe I will, maybe I won’t. It’s called giving a new signing a chance.