The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Sounds like a fantastic sponsorship deal; seven figure sum over three years.

I've no idea what ours is worth at United but I can't think it would be anywhere near that.

Biggest that the club has ever had, apparently. Good to see the board making progress on that front.

Still rumours about an upcoming stadium/training facilities/debt reduction announcement.

I've been waiting till after the early bird price passed - I've got a pretty good job now and can afford it and would prefer the extra coffers going into the club. I will also for the first time since I was about 14 buy the new jersey as it looks braw.

Season ticket sales up on this time last year.
A new sponsorship deal worth a lot more.
43,000 at a cup final 2 months back.

That'll be that "Armageddon" I was hearing about. Well done Aberdeeen FC

It'll only be Armageddon if yourselves and Hearts/Dunfermline/Dumbarton...ect can come 1st and 2nd next season - haha

Hearing that Dons have offered a deal to Boyd and still looking to get in a left back and possibly another central midfielder.

Is Boyds contract at Killie expiring? There is no way in hell we're getting Boyd - I'll w**k myself into a frenzy if we can manage to sign him.

Season tickets aren't just above what they were at this point last season but higher than the total of last season, even with the late comers who bought for a final ticket etc

So good signs, we will need to finish in top 3 again though to keep it going

By the time of the cup final I think the ST counter on redweb was over the 10k mark. Many of those were half-season ones. Good numbers so far but after the improvements on the park last season and the apparent improvements off it at the moment we should be expecting a minimum of 10k ST purchases.

Are Aberdeen still signing Shinnie or is he staying with ICT? Hope they sign him and continue to build, want to see the Scottish teams do well in Europe and a more competitive league as well.

Are Aberdeen still signing Shinnie or is he staying with ICT? Hope they sign him and continue to build, want to see the Scottish teams do well in Europe and a more competitive league as well.

Well this isnt going to happen anytime soon if your team continues to whore up the majority of the money in scottish football is it?

Well this isnt going to happen anytime soon if your team continues to whore up the majority of the money in scottish football is it?

Seriously? Motherwell have had the best chance to make money after us in the past couple of years. However, over the past 5 seasons your average home attendance has been 5500 give or take. Your stadium has 13000 seats roughly so you're not even filling half of it! You have finished 2nd in the league for 2 seasons and 3rd the season before, so you've been in Europe, you have had opportunities to make money through Europe. The league prize money isn't hugely different for the top 2. Our money comes from fans, sponsorship and Europe, as well as selling players for profit.

Anyway, I didn't post here to debate about us making more money, I don't decide who makes what, all I wanted to see was whether or not they were signing shinnie still (because he'd be a great signing), continue to improve there squad and be more competitive! I'm a fan who wants Scottish football to improve. I also hope Motherwell and St. Johnstone do good in Europe as well.

Glad you mentioned attendances, it is a direct result of yourselves and the team across the river that clubs such as ourselves struggle to fill half our stadiums as you mentioned.

Yeah that's the reason :thumsup2

Please enlighten me then? Explain just how the numerous buses which leave towns across the country to go to glasgow every saturday aren't detrimental to the potential of the majority of clubs throughout Scotland?

Please enlighten me then? Explain just how the numerous buses which leave towns across the country to go to glasgow every saturday aren't detrimental to the potential of the majority of clubs throughout Scotland?

Why can Aberdeen sell out Celtic Park then? I guarantee if Motherwell were in a cup final they would sell there allocation easy! I also bet they have enough fans to fill out Fir Park easily as well. My opinion is probably due to prices/travel/work etc. The 'buses to Glasgow' isn't a reason for supporting us but I get what you're trying to say and don't disagree with it, but I don't believe it is detrimental. Motherwell have more than 5000 fans, I'm rather confident of that. So I can't accept that as a reason for your stadium being empty.

Why can Aberdeen sell out Celtic Park then? I guarantee if Motherwell were in a cup final they would sell there allocation easy! I also bet they have enough fans to fill out Fir Park easily as well. My opinion is probably due to prices/travel/work etc. The 'buses to Glasgow' isn't a reason for supporting us but I get what you're trying to say and don't disagree with it, but I don't believe it is detrimental. Motherwell have more than 5000 fans, I'm rather confident of that. So I can't accept that as a reason for your stadium being empty.

Celtic park is packed to the rafter every week too right enough.

Kyle, I know we're not.

Could you move this pish to the last game of the season thread please, it needs ruining/closed down. Ta very much

Was thinking this was the wrong thread haha...

anyway, is there any updates on Shinnie?

Edited by Jordann

Kyle, I know we're not.

Was thinking this was the wrong thread haha...

anyway, is there any updates on Shinnie?

Then, considering the hundreds of thousands of people you took to Seville, I suggest you stop casting stones from your glass house.

(sorry Aberdeen fans - I'll stop derailing your thread now).