The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

25k                                                    v                                          400k
1347262350_2019-07-1500_08_19-AberdeenFC_1stTeam.jpg.e5a367f0cf60d5bf9bc3fe096a17b458.jpg            1037014938_2019-07-1500_17_41-AberdeenFC_1stTeam.jpg.1f07e4abc642d61fdd09397a92b89393.jpg
I know who i'd sell.

Won’t get money for May though......

2 hours ago, G-MAN said:

John Bostock is 3M on Football Manager Folks....

Sign him up DM. emoji1.png

After seeing him linked the other day I went and read up on him. He could be ace or could turn out to be another Maynard. We still need to take in another two or three, the squad is still very bare. Our annual injury crisis will cost us if we don't add more depth. 

Bostock is a waster. A bit of talent there for sure but a terrible attitude and known to down tools when things aren't going his way. 

He'll do an impressive Michael Jackson impersonation in front of his new team mates if he does sign though. 

4 hours ago, AFCDannyFTH said:

After seeing him linked the other day I went and read up on him. He could be ace or could turn out to be another Maynard. We still need to take in another two or three, the squad is still very bare. Our annual injury crisis will cost us if we don't add more depth. 

“Our annual injury crisis”?? It’s happened once in god knows how long.

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

We always seem to have an in injury crisis every season - throw in suspensions and it normally coincides with us having to play a development XI in Scottish Cup semi finals..........

16 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

We always seem to have an in injury crisis every season - throw in suspensions and it normally coincides with us having to play a development XI in Scottish Cup semi finals..........

Last season is the only time I've felt we've had a sustained period of injuries that felt worse than a lot of clubs around us.

The Motherwell semi final was suspensions, not injuries I believe.

I don’t think we’ll get another MF in. Gleeson out, and that’ll be us imo. As someone pointed out, we’ll often have two in midfield with a no 10 ahead of them (I’d imagine Wilson will be earmarked for that position).

I wouldn’t want to shunt Campbell further down the pecking order either.

1 minute ago, RussellAnderson said:

I don’t think we’ll get another MF in. Gleeson out, and that’ll be us imo. As someone pointed out, we’ll often have two in midfield with a no 10 ahead of them (I’d imagine Wilson will be earmarked for that position).

I wouldn’t want to shunt Campbell further down the pecking order either.

Agree with you on midfield.

I still think there's a good chance Mckenna will go this window and we'll have to replace him though.

18 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Agree with you on midfield.

I still think there's a good chance Mckenna will go this window and we'll have to replace him though.

Only saving grace would be the English window shuts three weeks before the Scottish one. So unless its Celtic who buy him, you should get time to replace him in this window, rather than losing him at the last moment.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Only saving grace would be the English window shuts three weeks before the Scottish one. So unless its Celtic who buy him, you should get time to replace him in this window, rather than losing him at the last moment.

True.

We see Mckenna as an asset to be cashed in so I'd like to think we have prepared a list of ready made replacements that kicks into action as soon as Mckenna goes (hiya Jason Kerr ;)).

I believe Celtic are still keen on Mckenna so would expect that to ramp up if a deal for Tierney happens soon.

14 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

True.

We see Mckenna as an asset to be cashed in so I'd like to think we have prepared a list of ready made replacements that kicks into action as soon as Mckenna goes (hiya Jason Kerr ;)).

Youd be better going for Findlay IMO, left footed and an Internationalist. 

Guest Moomintroll
Nah Findlay is done, will be lucky to make the bench for us this season, shite at set pieces too.

37 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

That's actually a sensible thought. Derek does love to pair a left centre half with a right one where possible. It's why Devlin was rushed back.

On 08/07/2019 at 08:34, Dons_1988 said:

Aye he’s pretty shameless about that. Heard from one or two girls on the receiving end that he’s a bit tragic in his relentlessness.

True story, many girls at my work too.

On 08/07/2019 at 08:34, Dons_1988 said:

Aye he’s pretty shameless about that. Heard from one or two girls on the receiving end that he’s a bit tragic in his relentlessness.

Bit like McInnes then................in his player pursuits that is.

DM would rather have a smaller, tighter squad that trust him and each other 100% rather than being like Hearts and having wasters not even on the bench hanging around like a bad smell.

You’re absolutely right that last season we were hit harder than before. Maybe that’s why we haven’t let May etc leave yet.