The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Guest Bob Mahelp
4 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

You just know funso ojo is going to be shite, whoever he signs for.

He's not a typical McInnes signing, in that it's not often we sign a non-British/Irish player. So in that sense I suppose it's a bit of a gamble.

However, a defensive midfielder is top of our list at this moment in time, and if/when he signs I think that'll be pretty much it for our transfer business. 

I'd like to see us bring in another right-back, because I'm not sure that I trust Logan any longer. Did someone say that Gallagher can play there ?

39 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Nice to see Heckingbottom keeping his cool. Doesn't look like a man who struggles to cope with the pressure...

Exact same as you posted on the Hibs thread.

You were laughed at over there, maybe you think the dons fans on here will be more receptive to your nonsense?

(For anyone whop hasnt read the interview, Heckinbotham said "we made him a very good offer, if he joins us thats great, if not then good luck to the lad") Deffo a complete heads gone interview and a man struggling with Merklands definition of pressure jose.png.fad36a46ed4d2e17043a4575b8716774.png

56 minutes ago, Green Day said:

Exact same as you posted on the Hibs thread.

You were laughed at over there, maybe you think the dons fans on here will be more receptive to your nonsense?

(For anyone whop hasnt read the interview, Heckinbotham said "we made him a very good offer, if he joins us thats great, if not then good luck to the lad") Deffo a complete heads gone interview and a man struggling with Merklands definition of pressure jose.png.fad36a46ed4d2e17043a4575b8716774.png

Wasn't laughed at, in fact I countered your point and you sheepishly retreated.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4478468/funso-ojo-paul-heckingbottom-aberdeen-money-transfer-news/amp/

Not rattled at all though!

Guest Bob Mahelp
5 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

Tbf Heckingbottom did come across as fairly rattled at times when Hibs were losing meaningless games at the end of last season 

He doesn’t appear to handle setbacks well 

He was really good in Last of the Summer Wine though. 

“We’re not going to do it, it’s not for us,” Heckingbottom said. “We don’t want to do it. We made a really good offer but it’s not just about that. We have to sign players who want to come here for the right reasons. We want the dressing room to be unbelievable and make sure we’ve got players coming in want to be here. We have to share the same values.

“I thought the deal was done in May but there was a clause in his contract that didn’t allow it to happen. The next thing we know is Scunthorpe have accepted a bid from Aberdeen so we matched it and then within the negotiations things began to change for us. We saw the red lights.

"It’s up to us what we do so good luck to him. The circumstances were totally different second time round so you see things differently. We have to be really careful who we bring into this football club.”

Heads gone.

“We’re not going to do it, it’s not for us,” Heckingbottom said. “We don’t want to do it. We made a really good offer but it’s not just about that. We have to sign players who want to come here for the right reasons. We want the dressing room to be unbelievable and make sure we’ve got players coming in want to be here. We have to share the same values.

“I thought the deal was done in May but there was a clause in his contract that didn’t allow it to happen. The next thing we know is Scunthorpe have accepted a bid from Aberdeen so we matched it and then within the negotiations things began to change for us. We saw the red lights.

"It’s up to us what we do so good luck to him. The circumstances were totally different second time round so you see things differently. We have to be really careful who we bring into this football club.”

Heads gone.

Say what you like about McInnes but I couldn't imagine him coming out with a statement like that after missing out on a signing.

Guest Moomintroll

Heads gone.

He does seem to be prone to a bit of roid rage from time to time.

Allegedly competing with various clubs (including hearts/hibs) for James Morrison on a free from WBA.

would be a surprise if he rocked up so not so sure our interest would be followed up

I think he would be a good player for just about anyone up here but wages wouldn’t be cheap and after signing Bryson and presumably Ojo it would seem weird for us to sign another centre mid. Especially with Ferguson and Campbell there looking to develop.