The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

The worst points total at this point since he arrived here, 53. Previously 55, 63, 62 & 58.

However, first season of his reign when Rangers, Hearts & Hibs have been in the league with us. (It’s also the second lowest points total for Celtic at this point of the season during McInnes’ reign, so…y’know.)

As I said previously what he’s achieving is about bang average for AFC and he is still not falling below that level, even if we go out tomorrow. What he’s achieved isn’t remarkable but it isn’t, by any measure, disastrous.

If McInnes could turn around the results vs. the OF(RIP) and put us in a position where meeting them in a Cup isn’t seen as an auto-exit he’d still get my vote.

Now, the boy Milne on the other hand…

I fear for our season if we lose on Tuesday, and tbh I’d make Kilmarnock favourites. Momentum is a big thing in football, we have none and killie have spades of it.

Attendances will plummet and the apathy will well and truly set in for the remainder of the season. European football could be in jeopardy too.

The summer rebuild simply hasn’t done the job it was meant to. Mcinnes clearly has to shoulder the blame for much of that but equally a lot of players have let him down.

May, Stewart, even GMS should be offering much more (although with GMS it’s more about consistency).

I said when arnason signed I didn’t think he was the answer. It’s not worked out at all. Can’t imagine what our defence would be like if McKenna hadn’t stepped up this season.

Another significant summer rebuild is required. I want Derek to do it if he still has the drive for it. I don’t want him sacked by any stretch but it’s not been his best season.

My only doubt is how much he still wants to be here. If he thinks it’s coming to an end then maybe it’s time to move on.

1 hour ago, 1nickydevlin said:

Thank you and congratulations Aberdeen on your cup win .hope you go on and win it now ..cheers from everyone at ayr utd xx #standfree

Your sister is waiting in bed for you ninetoes.

5 hours ago, Ken Fitlike said:

The 'big four' from Glasgow and Edinburgh..

I'll be in contact with Backpass magazine as soon as I have stopped coughing and spluttering..

( 4 page Aberdeen 1945 to 1970 feature)

IMG_20180316_123207.thumb.jpg.7755ff3e3d1bf92f38a920a520c8745d.jpg

Don't see much wrong with this.  Aberdeen are definitely top five, anything above that is really pushing it.

On ‎18‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 11:41, glasgow-sheep said:

Have we changed how we count attendances? Feels like we're counting folk who aren't there like the OF now.

Aye - everyone else was doing it, so we decided to get in on the act and count non-attending ST holders - for which, judging by Saturday there are a lot of, as that felt like an 11K max in old money.

The Big Freeze

https://www.afc.co.uk/2018/03/21/dons-announce-season-ticket-price-freeze/

Aberdeen Football Club have announced a freeze on the price of season tickets at Pittodrie for the 2018/19 season.

A record number of Dons supporters signed-up for a season ticket for the current campaign and it is hoped that number will grow next season on the back of the price freeze. Season tickets for the 2018/19 season will be available for sale from early April and supporters will have the opportunity to take advantage of the price freeze in the early bird window which will run until the beginning of June.

Season tickets for U12s will once again be available from just £3 per match and the newly created Youth (18-21) category will remain in place as the club aims to bridge the gap for supporters when it comes to attaining an Adult season ticket.

Speaking about the move to keep ticket prices the same for next season, AFC’s newly appointed Commercial Director, Rob Wicks, said: “In the past few seasons the prices and categories have been tweaked to bring the club in line with our competitors and this season there was a great response with over 11,000 supporters signing up. A price freeze should allow us to retain as many of those supporters as possible while growing the season ticket base ahead of the move to the new stadium.

“We want to remove barriers for people when it comes to attending football matches at Pittodrie and cost certainly plays a part in that for many. In addition to the price freeze, supporters will also have the opportunity to spread the cost over several months to soften the initial outlay that has traditionally been associated with season tickets.”

Next week the club will announce details of an innovative new Membership initiative that has been designed to enable supporters around the world to engage with the football club. Supporters who sign-up to the new Membership initiative will receive a host of fantastic benefits including a discount on their season ticket for the 2018/19 season, as well as the opportunity to help shape the future of the club.

“These are exciting times at AFC and the support Derek and the team receive from fans is tremendous. After discussions with key groups such as Dons Supporters Together and gathering the feedback from a recent survey, we think we now have a Membership proposition which will be truly compelling for supporters all around the world.

“AFC has the ambition to become a UEFA Top 100 Club and to do that we need to increase revenue, be innovative and engage effectively with our supporters and I think that the upcoming launch of the AberDNA Membership is just the start of that process,” said Rob.

Details regarding season tickets for the 2018/19 season and the brand-new Membership initiative will be announced via afc.co.uk and the AFC social media channels.

Edited by betting competition