The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

17 minutes ago, RiG said:

Didn't he just sign a new contract 4 months ago?

Just looked and he did in October before he started getting as regular a game. So no doubt it's a decent wage rise and an extension to help Aberdeen if someone comes in for him.

Didn't he just sign a new contract 4 months ago?

Aye but significant offers from hull and likely more to come will have forced our hand.

Great bit of business from the club IMO. He’s our only current centra half id be gutted if they left.

Guest Bob Mahelp
33 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Great news.  You would never see Steve Clarke doing anything as forward thinking as this. 

An irrelevant, humorless, childish and unnecessary dig.

Excellent. Green arrow from me. 

3 hours ago, Rodhull said:

Just looked and he did in October before he started getting as regular a game. So no doubt it's a decent wage rise and an extension to help Aberdeen if someone comes in for him.

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Aye but significant offers from hull and likely more to come will have forced our hand.

Great bit of business from the club IMO. He’s our only current centra half id be gutted if they left.

Yeah makes sense, maybe ups any minimum fee release for the guy if Aberdeen do those as well?

54 minutes ago, RiG said:

Yeah makes sense, maybe ups any minimum fee release for the guy if Aberdeen do those as well?

Potentially but even more generally a longer contract strengthens your hand with any club coming in for him.

I genuinely believe though we would rather just hold onto him for a couple of years as opposed to just increasing a transfer fee.

Guest Bob Mahelp

Given a wee miracle, our season will end on Tuesday. 

Not for the first time, a bizarre team selection from McInnes. He seemed to believe this was some kind of two legged European tie and that a 0-0 draw away from home was a good result.

Both Rangers and Hibs strengthened considerably over the winter break, and we effectively did nothing. On top of that, our creative players such as GMS, Wright and Stewart have been sidelined and we've resorted to hoofball up to an isolated and unfit Stevie May. 

Not good enough. Nowhere near good enough in fact.

Guest Bob Mahelp
16 minutes ago, Forest of Dean said:

How is it? Realistically you could finish anywhere between 2nd and 5th.

Do you think that actually means something , other than a wee bit extra cash ?

9 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Do you think that actually means something , other than a wee bit extra cash ?

You have to remember these are the tools who celebrated a win at Firhill with a pitch invasion. If they finish second they'll be having bonfires and fireworks and laser shows and dancing until the wee small hours.

On ‎26‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 18:23, Raidernation said:

What’s Ernie McGarr doing these days?

Pretty sure he was groundsman at East Fife a few years back, think they have went plastic now so not sure who looks after that. I always remember when we had Ernie McGarr & Bobby Clark on the books both of whom played for Scotland during one injury crisis Bobby Clark played a number of games as centre half.

Any truth in the rumour May is rejoining us this Summer on loan? 

Doubt it to be honest. McInnes seems to be persisting with him.

4 games without a win and I'm seething, which to me shows how far we've come under McInnes. **** lost. Still got them to play post split. Win on Tuesday and our season is back on. COYR. In Del we trust.

IMG_0148.jpg

I don't want McInnes gone, but, for the first time in his reign, I'm slowly starting to question how bothered I would really be if he accepted an English job in the near future. Tuesday is big for him and our season, so he needs to get it right. 

Guest Bob Mahelp
10 hours ago, DrewDon said:

I don't want McInnes gone, but, for the first time in his reign, I'm slowly starting to question how bothered I would really be if he accepted an English job in the near future. Tuesday is big for him and our season, so he needs to get it right. 

Football cliché maybe, but this is really a season defining game for Aberdeen and McInnes. In fact, for Deek it may well define his future career at the club.

I'm not sure that we've went 4 games without a win since McInnes took over, but I'm pretty certain we've never went 5 games without winning. So in that context McInnes and the players are into uncharted territory.

We've went from scoring 18 goals in 5 games, to scoring 1 in the next 4. No idea why that's happened, but the arse fell out of us big time in the 2nd half at Easter Road and the team seem still to be damaged by that.

It hasn't helped that McInnes has resorted to his old stand-by of shuffling players and tactics.....something that has never worked for him, but something that he seems unable to learn from.....and it's worrying how he seems to have almost discarded every creative player we have in the squad with the exception of McGinn, who frankly has been utterly anonymous for the last 4 games.

There's also a valid criticism of McInnes to be made in that over the winter break both Rangers and Hibs strengthened considerably, while we effectively did nothing.

It smacks of complacency, and as it stands at the moment 4th place looks like where we'll finish at the end of the season. If you were to combine that with a cup exit on Tuesday, then there would be no doubt that we've regressed this season and criticism of McInnes would begin to grow.

Jimmy Calderwood's reign as Dons manager in general isn't remembered for Dnipro and Copenhagen, or the fact that he improved the side considerably. It's more remembered for high profile cup defeats against QoS and Dunfermline, and the fact that these results eventually turned the fans against him.

McInnes has to be careful that his time at Aberdeen isn't remembered for poor cup performances and a timidity against the OF and in big games. That would be a shame.