The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

I’d really rather we let somebody like Accies or Dundee take Watt on, so we can watch him from a distance and pounce if he looks up to it.

Perhaps a controversial view but I wouldn’t be averse to us seeing if we can arrange a deal with the Diets in the summer for Connor Sammon as our “third striker” and likely Maynard replacement. Target man, which we’ve missed in the big games, and another option when we do need to go direct. Rather than the ball bouncing straight back off Rooney.

3 minutes ago, anotherchance said:

I’d really rather we let somebody like Accies or Dundee take Watt on, so we can watch him from a distance and pounce if he looks up to it.

Perhaps a controversial view but I wouldn’t be averse to us seeing if we can arrange a deal with the Diets in the summer for Connor Sammon as our “third striker” and likely Maynard replacement. Target man, which we’ve missed in the big games, and another option when we do need to go direct. Rather than the ball bouncing straight back off Rooney.

How's Greg 'fatty' Stewart getting on? 

6 minutes ago, dumpweed said:

Thoughts on Clark Robertson as a player?

Now down in Blackpool but played 60 odd games for the Dons. Was he released due to injuries or was he not good enough at the time. He appears to be doing quite well at Blackpool

He was pish.  No idea how he even got a move to Blackpool.

1 hour ago, anotherchance said:

The issue with that is that if he shows any sort of form, even at a bottom six team, he'll be down south before we can get a hold of him. If McInnes wants him, I'd rather he went for him in the first instance. 

2 hours ago, anotherchance said:

We could give a fan a spot on the bench each season and they'd be a suitable Maynard replacement. 

Guest Bob Mahelp
19 hours ago, anotherchance said:

Is Sammon not at Plastic Whistle ?

We missed a trick there....I think he would be a great back-up striker at Pittodrie. He's the kind of big, bald mental f*cker our team needs.

I'd play him in midfield just to see him batter the shit out of Scott Brown.

Edited by Bob Mahelp

Looking at next season, it's going to have to be another huge summer for McInnes trying to reassemble the squad. The midfield is going to be decimated again at the end of the season. Ball, O'Connor, Nwakali, McLean, Christie are all going to be gone and leaves Shinnie (if he isn't required at left back) as the only midfielder that will be left. Greg Tansey will be under contract for another two years, but it'll take a massive turnaround from him to belong in the team.

Hopefully, they will be working behind the scenes trying to tie up a few pre-contract agreements because it's going to be another short summer for them to bring in anyone before the European games begin.

Looking at next season, it's going to have to be another huge summer for McInnes trying to reassemble the squad. The midfield is going to be decimated again at the end of the season. Ball, O'Connor, Nwakali, McLean, Christie are all going to be gone and leaves Shinnie (if he isn't required at left back) as the only midfielder that will be left. Greg Tansey will be under contract for another two years, but it'll take a massive turnaround from him to belong in the team.
Hopefully, they will be working behind the scenes trying to tie up a few pre-contract agreements because it's going to be another short summer for them to bring in anyone before the European games begin.

All the loans last summer meant Del merely postponed the tough summer from last year to this year. Somehow I don't think we will see too much permanent business either.

It was terrible. Celtic had something like 75% of the possession in the first half. Celtic didn't look as good as they often do either. They played like it was a stroll in the park and we couldn't lay a glove on them. To me that was worse than usual which is why I'm surprised by some of the positive spins being put on it by some fans.