The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

5 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

Think Dons need some fresh thinking. 

Things are really fucking bad when HighlandMagyar says something sensible. 

Would McInnes still be in a job if there were fans in the stadium? Even the Northern Light simpletons have surely had enough of this shit. 

1 hour ago, Rodhull said:

Another pitiful result. Who can do better though eh?

Nobody. We have already established that whoever replaces McInnes will take us straight into the bottom six and a relegation dogfight. Any other outcome is impossible. 

It looks like McInnes "sustained period of success" is over...However we might have to wait until we get humiliated at Dumbarton or Huntly before the club takes action.

I was all for allowing him to go in the summer. But one goal in nine games later and things are looking concerning for next season.

Edited by Bogbrush1903

2 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

I don't speak for everyone but in my opinion it's been stale for a while.

Mmm. You obviously know far better than me, but when you signed McCrorie I thought you had a cracking midfield, with him, Ferguson etc.

Guest Bob Mahelp
9 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

Mmm. You obviously know far better than me, but when you signed McCrorie I thought you had a cracking midfield, with him, Ferguson etc.

We have/had. But we've lost the ability to create chances fro m midfiled. That's the issue. 

With a big turnover of players surely inevitable in the summer, the only scenario in which McInnes should be allowed to continue is if he agrees to completely overhaul the coaching & backroom team. I like McInnes, and although I'm losing faith I still think there's the makings of a good manager in there, and I don't see any decent candidates to replace him at the moment.

Fergie  regularly changed his assistants at Man Utd, who brought new ideas and kept things fresh, because it's clear that The Dons have gone more stale than a 10 year old Aitkens rowie.

It worried me to hear that Scott Wright is only a few weeks in the door at Ibrox and in that short space of time they've identified the need to alter his diet and fitness regime, and he's gained 4 kilos without altering his body fat.

What the hell is going on at Cormack Park?

Flicking through the channels and see the dons game is on Alba (all 90 minutes un-edited........)

Incredible that Hamilton are wearing blue tops, blue shorts and blue socks....their goalie is wearing blue top , blue shorts and blue socks - just a shade lighted but not much.

4 minutes ago, Enrico Pallazzo said:

Scott Wright is only a few weeks in the door at Ibrox and in that short space of time they've identified the need to alter his diet and fitness regime, and he's gained 4 kilos .

Moved to Glasgow = stopped eating vegetables - QED

1 hour ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

I think the midfield is a big part of the problem with regards the current malaise on the pitch. In my opinion McCrorie isn't a midfielder, he's a central defender. Ferguson isn't good enough or experienced enough yet to be the main man in midfield. We're sorely missing Shinnie's drive, energy and forward thinking in there...

Edited by Bogbrush1903

52 minutes ago, KingswellsRed said:

We clearly can’t afford to sack him but we really can’t afford to keep him either. Ideally he would be replaced now with only one game in the next few weeks in the hope a new manager bounce could somehow get us third.

It's like the opposite of Ian St John signing for Liverpool, when the board say we can't afford to sign him, and Shankly replies with we can't afford not to sign him.

We can't afford to sack McInnes but where the hell are we heading next season if we allow this to continue? The form guide says that over the last 15 games we sit third bottom. Is that a foreshadow of what awaits next season? The season tickets won't shift with him in charge next season and he's going to be a dead man walking, a lame duck because everyone, players,fans and media alike will know that he leaves in the summer of 2022. It's a recipe for disaster.

I'm afraid that any fan that thinks McInnes is still the man for the job has put the blinkers on. McInnes needs to go ASAP and the new man needs a little time to prepare for this summer and assess what he has in the games left this season.

Edited by Bogbrush1903

It's like the opposite of Ian St John signing for Liverpool, when the board say we can't afford to sign him, and Shankly replies with we can't afford not to sign him.
We can't afford to sack McInnes but where the hell are we heading next season if we allow this to continue? The form guide says that over the last 15 games we sit third bottom. Is that a foreshadow of what awaits next season? The season tickets won't shift with him in charge next season and he's going to be a dead man walking, a lame duck because everyone, players,fans and media alike will know that he leaves in the summer of 2022. It's a recipe for disaster.
I'm afraid that any fan that thinks McInnes is still the man for the job has put the blinkers on. McInnes needs to go ASAP and the new man needs a little time to prepare for this summer and assess what he has in the games left this season.

I'm sad to have to agree with you unfortunately.

The stats back up the need for change:

1 goal in 9
5 goals in 13
2 wins in 13

Relegation levels of statistics since the New Year.

Take that over a season and that is 6 wins in 38, 15 goals. That's actually pretty scary and a pointer that although we can't afford to change manager, we also can't afford to ignore the rot that has set in.

Thank god Deutschland 89 is out, only thing cheering me up today.

Guest Bob Mahelp
4 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

East Fife (7) have scored more goals in 2021 than you guys (5).

East Fife havent played since 9th Jan, some 8 weeks ago.

Mental stat.

I'm just stunned that we've actually scored 5 goals.